Some rules about star palyers....

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Prowler
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Prowler »

We're starting a brand new league in a few days but we got a serious problem. Half of the coaches demands that we use star players, while the other half wants nothing to do with them.
This is offcourse a common dispute in a Blood Bowl league (at least for me), but i must say that i found a good solution.
Insted of buying star players you get them in the start of the season. You nominate a player (ex. A regular blitzer and call him Griff Oberwald). So this mens that you'll start out with his star player card.
But note, in the beginning he will only have the stats of a normal human blitzer. He must (like everyone else) earn the skills with SPPs.
OK, what's the differance? I'll tell you, insted of rolling on the SP table you may choose any skill/stat increase stated on his card on his card. This way, it will be much easier to bouild him up.
(A side note, i've changed the rules so the max amount of star players per team is three,)
What do you guys think? Am i just a crazy madman for trying out these rules?

Reason: ''
[b]Against us all.[/b]
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

It certainly sounds dangerous, but it might work. I would go for the GW solution. The best way to allow starplayers but make it difficult to get them is the appearance fees. Should win most of the players over. Furthermore. Do not allow every starplayer to appear twice. I mean, Griff is the starplayer and nobody should be able to buy him as well or somebody with the same statts but with a different name. This will lead to problems of timing because everybody will quickly try to snap those players. But if you're starting a new league, everybody will start with the same amount of money, so everybody has equal chances of getting the starplayer they want. Our league starts a bidding month in which coaches can bid for a player. After this month, the coach who bid the most will get the player.

I would try to seek out a solution which will allow starplayers, but which will actually favour advancing your own players. Remind your coaches that allied starplayers do not get any rerolls. (if you play 4th edit of course).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Princelucianus on 2001-07-02 12:40 ]</font>

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

Someone in our league wanted to state a rule about paying Ap. Fees to oficial starplayer but not for own increased players. Finally it was disetimated by all other coaches (me included).

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
Prowler
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Prowler »

Yeah the GW way works, but still. I'm gonna play test this and see how it works.

PS. you're very right about allowing one of each kind, there can only be one Griff :wink:

[b]Against us all.[/b]
TiMuN

Post by TiMuN »

Say .. you decided to pay Ap. Fees for each of your star players ... but, how much? a fixed amount or a % of the original cost?

best regards
TiMuN

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Hi and welcome. :smile:
App fees for SPs:
" Star Players are asumed to have a number of SPPs equal to their cost devided by 1000. E.g. The Mighty Zug costs 120,000 gps, and therefore counts as having 120 SPPs." Gold p12.

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

We also make Stars count as double cost on the roster, giving a more accurate reflection of their worth.so far it has been working out really well.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Sorry but this theory dont fit with the really Morg have made 7 experience roll :eek:
So it will bring his experience up to 500 :eek:
So it will cost 500 000 gp :eek:

Sorry but I like this smiley :eek: :eek: :eek:

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

what about griff? with a lot of double and increasing his AG,MVT and ST....

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Trambi

Post by Trambi »

I agree
The star players is the cheapest to play beardy ("grobill" sorry it's french :sad: ).
It is just against the background :razz: