about kickoff return

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Tackle would only apply if your guy was next to their guy at some point. Kick off return would affect kick all the time.

Reason: ''
Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Fronko
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Fronko »

Well, if kick off return WAS allowed, I'd definitely NOT take kick any more.

[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img]

Official wesleytj fan.
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

sean newboy wrote:Tackle would only apply if your guy was next to their guy at some point. Kick off return would affect kick all the time.
I just can't see the problem here - kick wouldn't become a useless skill just because someone has KOR. It lessens the impact and thus works as an anti-skill, but I think there's a place for such a skill.
Kick is still useful for getting the ball where you want it and reducing the chance of a touchback. Even if the opponent could move up to three squares towards the ball doesn't mean that the kick is useless.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
los_locos
Veteran
Veteran

Post by los_locos »

I think it's a great skill, handy for slow team getting near the ball!!!!!

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Fronko wrote:Well, if kick off return WAS allowed, I'd definitely NOT take kick any more.
Then that would be your mistake in my opinion.

The MBBL2 has been running for 2 years. There are 4 other leagues using the MBBL2 skill list (WBBL, WBBJ-L, CSBBL, PDHBBL).

The MBBL2 has 60+ teams in it at any point in time, and after 2 1/2 league seasons (15 games played for many teams), here is how the new skills break out for all teams currently being played in the league:

Kickoff Return: Only 2 teams have taken the skill (Khemri, Dwarf)
Double Dauntless: 0 teams (1 other teams has a player that start with it)
Trip Up: 1 team
Stiff Arm: 5 teams
Jam: 1 team
Bullet Throw: 0 teams
Perfect Spiral: 1 team
Push: 2 teams (and 2 other teams have a player that starts with it)
Bear Hug: 0 teams (and 1 team has players that start with it)
Double Blitz: 2 teams (and 3 others have players that start with it)
Juggernaut: 2 teams (and 1 other has players that start with it)
Pitch Player: 1 team
===========================================
Now compare that to other LRB skills that teams don't normally start with
Kick: 6 teams (and 1 other has players that start with it)
Dirty Player: 9 teams
Pass Block: 5 teams
Tackle: 14 teams (5 other teams have players that start with it)

So if you want my take on it ...... I have not yet found a single new skill in the MBBL2 ruleset that is abusive in any way. If they are, the coaches in 2 years have not yet figured out how to abuse them.

Galak

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Just so everyone knows how i feel.

Kickoff Return: I definately intend to get this one, on any team in a league that carries it. Not sure if it can be abused.
Double Dauntless: Could possibly get it, problem is, it takes 2 skill slots. Dont see how u can abuse this one considering that.
Trip Up: I can see using that in some cases, no current plans to give to anyone on any of my teams. I think its an excellent skill for ag teams, especially if the player has ju.
Stiff Arm: Excellent skill, definately intend to continue using this skill. Captain Chaos will get this one if he doesnt get doubles (Stand Firm).
Jam: Not impressed, been there done that, i put it on par with leap. That meaning i would only give it to someone who already had ag 5.
Bullet Throw: Maybe Captain Chaos, otherwise dont see that its worth the advance.
Perfect Spiral: If the Bashers had continued, Golskag (thrower), was gonna be all over this one. I highly recommend it to any team fielding ag 3 ball handlers that dont have alot of access to catch. Best teams imo would be Chaos Dwarf (3+ catches for bc's) and Orcs (u know u want those BoB's to have some td's).
Push: Havent had Captain Chaos use it much but this is definately a skill i want to have, for similar reason to dirty player, its not against the rules to push people off the field.
Bear Hug: Not impressed. I have had a guy hurt by it but still dont consider it something i would bother giving most big guys.
Double Blitz: Excellent skill, not sure i would give it much tho.
Juggernaut: My robot team intended for at least one of the st5 bots to have it, possibly both.
Pitch Player: Amusing concept, probably wont ever get it, i dont think it can be abused.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

GalakStarscraper wrote: So if you want my take on it ...... I have not yet found a single new skill in the MBBL2 ruleset that is abusive in any way. If they are, the coaches in 2 years have not yet figured out how to abuse them.
I have my doubts about Stiff Arm being a bit too good, but the rest of the skills seem nice and balanced to me. Some of them should definitely find their way to the official rules. It would be nice to introduce new skills for a change instead of new teams.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]