League rewards & best of the best

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

TiMuN
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by TiMuN »

Hi all.
If you, as league comish, should be to give a reward to 'most TD', 'most Injured' or 'most SPP' players at the end of a league, what kind of reward, attributes, or stuff would you give?

I would say giving PRO to those players for free, or a money compensation to the team, ... what else?

post whatever!!

Reason: ''
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

for the most injured I'll give free medical asistance, because he surely will be really friend with the apo of the team :lol:

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Hi all.
If you, as league comish, should be to give a reward to 'most TD', 'most Injured' or 'most SPP' players at the end of a league, what kind of reward, attributes, or stuff would you give?

I would say giving PRO to those players for free, or a money compensation to the team, ... what else?

post whatever!!

Nevermind the skils or the money. Try these instead:

* MOST TDS: A trophy based around one of the balls provided with the game. Even better, try to get one of the old spikey balls used in Dungeonbowl. Mount it on some kind of base, paint it gold, whatever!

* MOST CASUALTIES: Convert some model into a similar trophy. Maybe it's a big Ogre fist. Or a Minotaur head. Or the skull off some particularly obnoxious WH Undead piece (horse springs to mind, as dragons are large and expensive). Mount it on some kind of base and paint it bone white.

* MOST SPPS: "The Golden Griff," of course! Yes, you mount up a Griff Oberwald figure and paint it gold!

Once you have these, coaches will KILL each other to hold them. Make each one good for a season, and let it work like a trophy re-roll (once per match, just like a TRR).

-Chet

TiMuN

Post by TiMuN »

Acerak - thanx for the input. But this league is online only, so i guess having such effect playing on pics only, would not make the same pressure. But i meant, what would the bloodbowl player get, not the coach, but the one that did all those TD, casualities (Anca, i tried to set it to casualities, not injured, sorry), and stuff ..

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

Ah... I see... was for casualties... what about 10 laundry tickets to clean the blood from his uniform?? :lol: :lol:
Apart from jokes; giving extra spp/skills would unbalance those players more than they are.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

For the MBBL2, I offer the following (remember 80 teams in the MBBL2 so winning really means something):

Each award is based on the current season only (ties are broken by SPPs earned for the season for players, or lowest TR for team awards):

Individual Awards:
------------------
Most TDs: MVP for the player, +1 FF for the team.
Most Completions: MVP for the player, +1 FF for the team.
Most Casualties: MVP for the player, +1 FF for the team
Most Interceptions: MVP for the player, +1 FF for the team
Most SPPs earned (including MVPs): +1 FF for the team AND Orcadis contract for following season. For each full 5 SPPs the player scores in a match, the team gets 20k. If the player did not win one of the above 4 awards also, he gets an MVP.
Most Castings: +1 FF to the team and the Spellcaster receives free level of spellcasting OR the spell of his choice.

Team Awards:
------------
Cubby I: The team that SUFFERS the most casualties during the season AND rolls over to play in the following season, receives a free apothecary upgrade and one free personal apothecary (if they are not already at the max. of 3).

Cubby II: The teams who combined Casualties caused added to their TDs scored is the LOWEST in the league AND is rolling over into the next season. Gets any one player for their team for free and one free personal trainer (if they are not already at the max. of 5).

Galak

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GalakStarscraper on 2002-03-26 18:09 ]</font>

TiMuN

Post by TiMuN »

Thanx Galak, now that's an input!!

I thought about giving MVP before, and providing this is a small online league (about 20 teams), that will make this player a real star.

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

In the Longshot league we have almost the same cash prices. I'm waiting for the answer of Longshot. He have lost his Internet connection :lol: !

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I'd go for a mix of Tom's ideas: Give the player an MVP award. Give the team +1 FF.

The extra MVP shouldn't do much but bump TR by 1 and make the next skill a shade more likely. (Remember, these guys have plenty of points already - that's why they win these awards!) The +1 FF might be worth 10K every once and again for the team and its opponent. And it might help with a kick-off roll from time to time.

-Chet

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

YeaH, an +1 FF or MVp doesn't do too much to upset the harmony of the league.

However i have to say i love Acerak' s idea for trophys. I'll be digging out my old pieces and spares to convert one of those.

Thanks for the ideas.

McDeth,
"Can't Sleep Clowns will eat me"

"Who's that Reverend Green??"
TiMuN

Post by TiMuN »

Thank you all .. we have agreed to a MVP + FF reward in the league, and it will be done at the end of the season.

About those trophys, i got one myself from a local GW league (and the only one they ever had), and got a nice wooden spiked ball mounted over a wood platform for the price, plus one of those metal ones (which i've lost thou) I'll try and post a pic of the wooden one, whenever possible!

Martin
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Martin »

We have similar awards both in and postseason. We give out +1 FF, an MVP and 20K in cash. My best was having one player win the undertaker (cause first death) and casket (be first player killed) one game. Yep, he sprinted to pick up the ball but feel on in and died. To make it worse he won the MVP for the game. I should have known it was going to be a long season at that point.

Martin