Adding a Vampire to the LRB2.0 Undead Team need feedback

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Nothing stops this of course .. however, you are throwing a suck player onto the field as a walking TZ only basically
Yeah, but he'll only be taking someone else's place for one or two turns. After that, it's dugout time for him until the next drive.

GalakStarscraper wrote:and odds are the Vampire that fails the OFAB roll won't even be able to reach him.
Not if you keep the thrall near the center of the board. Since his only function is to get bitten, it's not hard to position him in a proper way to make this happen.

Reason: ''
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

I think all of you may be missing what is in my mind the most important consideration. What do you name such a Thrall whose job is to simply be the lunch on a Vampire team?

Blood Bag?
Ivy?
Hemogoblin?

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Toby

Post by Toby »

Thirst Aid

Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

I have to say that was actually kinda funny! :lol:

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

How about:

Type-O Negative
Bloody Fool
Blood Bank
Young Blood
Lunch
Breakfast
Doctor Zorder

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

A vamp team banking on a couple of players like this one might find itself with few players on the field after only a couple turns, so it would be best to keep drives as short as possible to bring in "new blood".

It could be a pretty good strategy though.

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

"First Blood"

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

The best handicap result for a vamp team is "iron man". I had that in one of my earlier MBBL games and the poor sap was bitten 7 or 8 times in one match :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

:o Iron Man on a Thrall? That's classic! I thought it was good on a linerat!

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Zombie wrote:It could be a pretty good strategy though.
Well all 3 of the MBBL Vampire coaches (Evil Git, Darkson, and Torg) are active members of TBB ... it will be interesting to see if they try this.

Galak

Toby

Post by Toby »

hey galak, while you are on, could you quickly post some stats for a Rookie Barbarian that could have been Thrud before he became a Star ?

Im looking for a Barbarian to Replace the Ogre on Norse Teams...

Munkey
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Munkey »

I have to agree with Narkotics assement of the Vamp and Ogre teams in that I don't really like the way they play. You get very skilled (or very strong) players of which many become useless because of their negatrait.

I don't doubt that they are balanced or will be by the time they become official, it's just that I would like to see a team with slightly less powerful players that could be balanced without the negatrait.

Negatraits are ok for the odd Big Guy but seem a bit clumsy for a whole team (plus I thought the BBRC was trying to cut 'unecessary' dice rolls where possible).

I guess if the teams become official in a similar form to know it won't cause me a huge problem, I won't be using them and as long as they are balanced I don't mind playing against them.

[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Galak, according to the calculations i just made, once the team can field 8 vampires at once, if they all have pro but never use a team reroll for their COFAB roll, you'll still be biting only 3 thralls every 4 turns. Keeping the drives short, you'd still be able to end most drives without losing a single vamp from COFAB. Give all the SPPs to the vampires and use the thralls as food only, and this looks like a winning proposal. And pro isn't a waste either, because the 5 times out of 6 that you pass COFAB without it, you still have it for rerolling whatever block, blitz, or roll you intend to make.

So to answer your earlier question, when you asked how many games you had to have before i would agree that your test is meaningful, i guess my answer is enough games to have 8 vampires on the roster, with most having pro. If that team isn't dominating the league, i think i'll be ok with the roster.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

thought they could only have up to 6 vamps not 8?

anyway i can't wait to start one when ski codes new ofab into javabowl

i might even take them to the blood bowl next year assuming they are official by then ;]

MickeX
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MickeX »

I recently played a vampire team in FUMBBL using the original OFAB. It was the first boring BB match I've played so far. The game was all up to the rolls of a few dice.

But on the other hand, Clown-OFAB has never appealed to me. Slapstick is fine when it comes to the fanatic on the goblin team, but this? Nah. Vampires are supposed to be cool.

Micke

[color=#444444][size=75] FUMBBL ::[url=http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2315]TBB Group[/url][/size][/color]