Wizards on the pitch.

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Post by JenniRP70 »

I would like to publicise, for those who are not aware of it's existence, a set of rules which alters the Wizard system in the game.<p>
After all the alterations made to the game system, and additional rules used by gamers all over the world, the official Wizard system appears very tame and probably boring. All they do is cast one spell per game and that's their lot.<p>
The system I am advertising places the wizard as a more integral part of the team who has the potential to perform and achieve a lot more than any other magic system I've seen for Bloodbowl.<p>
The following URL takes you direct to the rules system: http://www.mlaf.de/online/magic.htm

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

The MLAF site is still mostly rooted in 3rd edition though. <a href="http://www.midgardbb.com">WWW.BLOOD-BOWL.NET</a> has taken the MLAF rules and updated them to a <a href="http://www.geocities.com/tanders001/Var ... .html">4th ediiton version of the On-Pitch Spellcasters</a>.<p>
Note this version of the rules were shown to the MLAF League Commish, Gauis Audaxx, and he said it was okay with the changes for 4th edition.<p>
These 4th ed. rules are currently being playtested in the MBBL league. At the end of season, if the rules seem pretty hammered out, the league will be typing up the 4th edition version for submission to GW for publication in the Citadel Journal.

JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Post by JenniRP70 »

Another site plug eh!!! :wink:<p>
I'll look at them later, I want to use this type of wizard in our new season, so luckily I still have time to finalise the rules.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Their are two major changes that I really like using in the league so far. Any position can be a base player for the Spellcaster on a roster for an additional 50,000 and a -1 AV penalty. This was suggested by the major players at the Blood Bowl Mailing List. This eliminates the list of Spellcaster players.

The second major changes is that all of the spells have to be cast from the active pitch (no pre-game or post-game casting). Also spells can only be cast during the Spellcaster's turn, this puts the On-Pitch Spellcaster rules for casting in line with the 4th edition off-pitch wizard rules. In addition, it means that certain races don't have spells that cannot be stopped. The whole purpose to me of putting the spellcaster on the pitch was so that you could knock him unconscious before he casts. If he can cast during the pre-game kinda ruins the whole point.