A better rule for fouling.

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Toby

A better rule for fouling.

Post by Toby »

Do you still have the 2 small white D6 that came with the Blood Bowl boxed game ? Do you use them ? no? - good ! Give one of the two small white D6 to each coach. Place them on your Dugouts. The small D6 are now called "Foul Risk D6". At the start of the game, and at Halftime, the top side of each teams "Foul Risk" must show "6".

When a Team commits their 1st foul this half, place the model of a referee next to their "Foul Risk D6", and increase the risk to "5". On their second consecutive Foul, increase the risk to "4", and so on.

When the opposing Team commits a Foul, reset your own "Foul Risk D6" to "6", and place the Referee Model on the opposing teams Dougout. When they take their next foul, increase their risk.

Every time a Team takes a Foul Action, the opping team's coach is allowed to roll a D6. If he equals or beats the moving teams foul risk, the player is sent off. The moving teams coach may argue the call.

Reason: ''
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Can you tell us why you propose this change?

Obviously you want to change the risk of a foul to be spot by the ref from 6+ for the first foul and 4+ afterwards, to 6+ for the first fould and then consecutively decreasing one point per foul committed.

Why you think this is better? Does it justify the use of two more dice lying around the board/dug-outs.

IMO the 6+/4+ is quite fine, as most coaches do one foul but don't risk a second one unless the other coach fouls as well. Wit h your system they will encouraged to foul a second time, as 5+ does not feel as risky as 4+. Do you want to encourage more fouling then?

honeycomb kid
Experienced
Experienced

Post by honeycomb kid »

I still use my small BB white dice - they kick ass!
They're very very streaky but fun.

P.S. I dunno what's wrong with the foul rules right now.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

yer fouling rules are fine as they are, and the d6 are there for the d6 rolls you have to make :p

Toby

Post by Toby »

To my understanding Wood Elf teams HAVE to use GREEN Dice, full of grass splinters, and Human Teams HAVE to use polished ICE BLUE Dice.

Look Narcotic:

1st Ful, you go on 6+
2nd Foul your out on a 5+
3rd in arow, cu on a 4+
4th Foul, man youre on your way to the shower.

Why it is better ? cuz its damn straight logical. The more often you foul, the more suspicios the ref gets. Just like the real thing.

However, I'm not going to defent this one. Its too good. Use it and enjoy or don't use it you're fine that way.

Mirascael
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mirascael »

Hasn't this been posted before? Wasn't their a league which used this as a house rule?

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Toby wrote:However, I'm not going to defent this one. Its too good. Use it and enjoy or don't use it you're fine that way.
I seriously ask myself why do you post suggestions on a forum at all when you show such an attitude...

Munkey
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Munkey »

One flaw...

If you use Dice as markers I guarantee (trust me I used to play Dark Future) that at some point in the game one of you will pick them up and roll them.

Then go DOH! about a second after they're thrown :lol:

[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
Toby

Post by Toby »

narkotic wrote:
Toby wrote:However, I'm not going to defent this one. Its too good. Use it and enjoy or don't use it you're fine that way.
I seriously ask myself why do you post suggestions on a forum at all when you show such an attitude...
nice try.

Toby

Post by Toby »

Munkey wrote:One flaw...

If you use Dice as markers I guarantee (trust me I used to play Dark Future) that at some point in the game one of you will pick them up and roll them.

Then go DOH! about a second after they're thrown :lol:
^^ maybe use citadel glue ? :o (duh ;) )

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

i'd say that the other team's fouling not reset, but let you add 1 back. so if you were at 3 then you'd go back to 4, etc. that would make it a little more restrictive and ppl here might actually go for it.

you're not going to get anything thru that clearly reduces the effectiveness of igmeoy. ppl are too leery of going back to 3rd ed foulfests. if you don't believe me, go to the spp for cas debate in gen. chat. :)

Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

This rule is very similar to one that has been around for almost 10 years now, and is still used in many leagues worldwide (including mine). It's called the sliding scale. Make a search for it on google or something, i'll sure you'll find a lot of articles about it.

Toby

Post by Toby »

Im sure Wes ^^ i believe u.

Actually your suggestion is cool, I was about to add it, but I can hear the "complicated" whiners screaming, so i diddnt. :]

btw Dirty Player, Mighty Blow + Razor sharp fangs, and dead on a 8.
No need for ageing i can tell u.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

You can't use MB or RSC on a foul. Or are you only re-writing the bits of the LRB you like?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

If you can't be bothered to do a search, here's the rule:

There's a sliding scale (usually printed on paper) by the side of the board. It has numbers on it reading 1,2,3,4,5,6,5,4,3,2,1. At the beginning of each half, the ref is placed on the 6 in the middle. That's the number that the opponent needs to roll to get your player ejected when you commit a foul. After every foul, the ref moves one square towards you. So after you've fouled once, you will get ejected on a 5+ on your next foul and your opponent is ovbiously still at 6+.

Simple, efficient and elegant. About the same level of severity as the current IGMEOY, but more gradual, and therefore more realistic and more strategic.