Undead cost

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Undead cost

Post by Old Man Draco »

The regeneration skill has changed. Now the players with undead teams or a vamp SP are complaining that they cost to much, because the skills weekend and the price remains the same! Any ideas on this?

Reason: ''
Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Tell them to play a different team than undead if they have a problem with this.

Undead are a very good team even with Reg tweaked. The player prizes are fine the way they are (for some players even a bit cheap; mummies come to mind)

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

in my experience, undead players have moaned in EVERY league that their players cost too much, even with improved regeneration. as it stands now it's better balanced.

they all tend to stop moaning about regenerate when it saves their star mummy from death though...

this is a sweeping generalisation though and won't apply to everyone ;)

(just before someone :pissed: my ass)

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Indigo wrote:they all tend to stop moaning about regenerate when it saves their star mummy from death though...
And curse it when he actually dies.

Undead were too good in leagues with 2+ regen, this way its a bit more balanced.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Joaquim

Post by Joaquim »

If you ask every player is too expansive.... like goblins... I pay 40k for a thing any 50k lineman can crush easily..!!....

Or ask Welves if the wardancer isn't too expansive... and ask any other race coach if he (the wardancer) isn't too cheap....

For what I saw Undead haven't any trouble with money....

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Undead players are actually pretty cheapwhen you think about it. Mummies should cost 10k more, ghouls are great for their cost, and the team gets really cheap linemen. Only wights are too expensive, but that's to counter the other players who are actually too cheap. Besides, all blitzers in all teams are too expensive, so wights are not the exception.

All in all, undeads are actually undercost if anything.

bluetooth
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bluetooth »

The undead is quite balanced. So tell them to stop complaining :)

Nuffle Sucks!
Superior Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
Winner of [url=http://www.hattrick.org/Common/default.asp]Hattrick[/url] Talk Blood Bowl Cup V, VI and VII
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

I would actually vote for the undead bieng to cheap as they are. :-?

ImageImage
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Yeah, 30K for linefodder you don't ever need to worry about. Foul, get them killed by Ogres, whatever, They're a very inexpensive way to go.

Have fun!
Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

Usually Undead players don't complain about a rough game where EVRYBODY on their side regenerates (and does so even when only badly hurt)! Then suddenly it's just the "advantage" for that weak 4+ roll! :o

You can stick the boot into a mummy and it keeps coming back! :pissed:

You on the other hand maybe had to save a dead starblitzer in turn 2 and won't have the apo around for the rest of your game (oh, the PO mummy just inflicted the 6th cas of the day! Great! :( )!!!!

IMO if you don't like this regeneration rule stop playing undead!! Oh, and yes, it's tough that the ghouls can't use an apo! I would chance that as well, especially for the new Nerco team!

Sputnik

I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.
SkavenGoblinfood
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SkavenGoblinfood »

I think undead are just fine.
I got sick and tired of KILLING THOSE STUPID THINGS OVER AND OVER WITH MY OGRES. THAN THE STUPID THINGS SURROUND MY OGRE AND MAKE IT LOSE A STR. I ALREADY USED MY AP. ON MY SP BLITZER, SO I HAD NO CHOICE. AND ALL BECAUSE THERE STUPID PLAYERS WONT STAY DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pissed: :evil: :pissed: :evil: :pissed: :evil: :pissed: :evil: :pissed: :evil: :pissed: :evil: :pissed: :evil: :pissed: :evil: :pissed: :evil: :pissed: :evil: :pissed:
SO DONT YOU TELL ME THERE TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :evil: :evil: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :evil: :evil: :evil: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I take it you're a little miffed :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

I felt that way recently when I was bounty hunting the leagues top star mummy. I killed him and SI'd him twice in one game and he regenerated everytime. :cry:

ImageImage
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Used to be if they regen'd once they wouldn't do it again. Kill them twice and they were dead.

Have fun!
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

I agree that regenerate was far too powerful before it changed, tell him too shut up whinging.

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!