Rolling the incorrect amount of dice

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

SisterRay
Rookie
Rookie

Rolling the incorrect amount of dice

Post by SisterRay »

I was just wondering, what kind of rules do you use for situations where a player rolls accidentally the incorrect amount of dice? I do it quite often, as I like to keep the game flowing fast.

For example, throwing two dice, when one would have been the right way. Do you select randomly wich one it is, choose the worst result or throw the dice again? Maybe use a re-roll and roll again?

It doesn't say anything in the rules, obivously, and I've used all of those methods mentioned. We just don't have any one way to settle this, so I was wondering if anyone has.

Reason: ''
Pentex™ loves me.
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Our league standard for the incorrect number of dice thrown, or a die bouncing off the table is to correct the problem, and just do the roll over. After all, you're just taking more time off the clock on your own time.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

If the game hasn't progress to far, so we can remember player posistions etc, we just roll the correct number of dice and procede from there as if the 1st dice rolls had never happened.
If you can't, then, we say tough, you/your opponent should be paying attention to your/his turn as well.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
ljm
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ljm »

We let the opponent choose whether the dice should be rolled again or not. For example, if you mistakenly roll two block dice instead of one and get double skulls you don't get to roll again.

ljm

One false move, wizard, and your familiar gets it!
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

reroll with the right amout of dices

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

ECBBL house rules are that your opponent either chooses to keep the dice you just rolled or make you roll the correct number of dice.

So, say you make a block and incorrectly calculated it at 2 dice and your opponent rolls double skulls :roll: then you can force him to keep it, if however he rolled a POW and skull then you can ask him to reroll the single die.

Obviously none of this interferes with TRR etc.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Skummy wrote:After all, you're just taking more time off the clock on your own time.
We don't play with a clock (allthough you should maybe) cause we agreed on not using it anymore. (I guess we all wanted more time to think our moves over and over).
But rolling a wrong amout of dice is rerolled with the right amount if spotted at the move of that player. If it is spotted in a later stage of the turn or game, to bad. Indeed, both players have to look if the right number of dice are rolled!

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
MixX
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MixX »

We do in a quite evil way, to ensure that players look throughly at the situations: if, for instance, you roll 2 dice where you should have rolled only one, your opponent simply picks the dice that shouldn't have been rolled, and the remaining dice is what counts! Works very well - especially because some coaches used to be like this:

"Block action - my lineman on your beastman there, thats 2 dice"
**rolls dice before opponents can think**
**picks POW! result, knocks down beastman**
**rolls armour roll**

if you get the picture..

WorkWork!
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

just RR, allways. Gives a much nicer atmosphere.

bluetooth
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bluetooth »

The player has to reroll with the right amout of dices.

Nuffle Sucks!
Superior Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
Winner of [url=http://www.hattrick.org/Common/default.asp]Hattrick[/url] Talk Blood Bowl Cup V, VI and VII
morph
Experienced
Experienced

Post by morph »

Some of these penalties seem a bit harsh. Just let them re-roll, we all make mistakes (well I know I do).

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Re: Rolling the incorrect amount of dice

Post by wesleytj »

[quote="SisterRay"]I was just wondering, what kind of rules do you use for situations where a player rolls accidentally the incorrect amount of dice? I do it quite often, as I like to keep the game flowing fast.
[quote]

we play that if you roll too many dice, your opponent gets to pick which die is ignored. so if you roll 2 dice on a hit accidentally, and it should have been one, your opponent gets to pick which of the 2 dice count. kind of rough, but at the same time it makes you pay attention. we don't have people rolling the wrong number of dice very often at all.

also JUST IN CASE the rolling extra dice wasn't actually accidental after all, it's just to curb any thoughts of possible cheating before they occur.

Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

morph wrote:Some of these penalties seem a bit harsh. Just let them re-roll, we all make mistakes (well I know I do).
No... :D

Because if someone rolls two dice and gets two skulls and then goes "oh - I was only meant to roll one..." they will inevitably roll a splat... :pissed:

So if they roll to many randomise which one is discarded. Simple

morph
Experienced
Experienced

Post by morph »

Well ok, that works too... my point was you shouldn't penalise people for making a simple mistake. You cruel people.

MixX
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MixX »

I guess not, but then again the "two skulls - oops, it was only one = reroll" situation has happened more times than I remember. Also, if you play against someone who play fairly, then of course you can figure something out.. it's simply to make sure people don't exploit it, as some people have been known to do sometimes, especially in the league I used to play in back when I was playing vanilla 3rd edition..

WorkWork!