Random skill

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

I hate the idea of random skills, personally. As oach I spend hours gleefully teaching my players how to block, so I expect them to learn block, not pro ;)

Honestly, one of the best things about the game is building YOUR team the way YOU want.... You don't HAVE to have the same human/elf/dwarf team as everyone else and be successful...

There were two High elf teams in our league last season. One based around AG increases and dodge/leap - the other (mine) based around block tackle and more conventional ball sacking players (plus a "sick" star player, which everyone hates :D)

BB is not like Necromunda - in BB you are actually trying to train your players to do certain things.....

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

That was (is?) the thing I disliked most about Necromunda. I had a juve who gained all his exp from shooting, so of course I rolled a A +1, and in necro you can't even decide to take a basic skill :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

noodle wrote:Honestly, one of the best things about the game is building YOUR team the way YOU want.... You don't HAVE to have the same human/elf/dwarf team as everyone else and be successful...
You said, the way YOU want it. The choice is yours. If you want to make it random, do so, if not, then don't. You are the one who has to play the team. Nobody else. Really, with a chaos team, treating it as real chaos, can be fun, if you allow it to be so, and don't just focus on winning! :smoking:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
morph
Experienced
Experienced

Post by morph »

Draco wrote: Really, with a chaos team, treating it as real chaos, can be fun, if you allow it to be so, and don't just focus on winning!
Well I have a problem with Chaos (capital 'C') being associated with chaos (small 'c') nowadays, in all GW games (BB included). Chaos brings up images of things that are... well... chaotic. But Chaos teams are include high armour, high strength players. Chaos in the warhammer world is tough and brutal, and very dependable. Not particularly chaotic at all. Now in the old days of GW, wtih random armies etc... that was chaos & Chaos.

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

If you see that as a problem, then don't play it like total chaos. As I allready stated. It's YOUR CHOICE and nobody elses. You build up the team the way you like it. If random suites you, go random, if not, then don't. All up to you! :smoking:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

We've used part-random skills for several years.
We consider it an alternative rule to ageing -> a rule which forces you to replace some of your players.

In my league, every time you get a skill roll you also roll a d6. On a 4+ you choose the skill as normal, on a 1-3 you only choose the table and then roll randomly.

Martin :)

MixX
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MixX »

Well, I guess we can simply agree that anybody who wants to can take random skills.. anybody preferring not to (that would 99 % if I should make a guess) can just choose their skills as normal.. But for some alternative team development it could be quite fun.. Maybe you should rule that you could get skills from any category (including Physical) on all players, and the reason for this would be that the league was placed in the Chaos Wastes.. I'm just rambling off odd ideas, maybe I should just shut it instead..

WorkWork!