Throwing sequence

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

call me temoprally linear ;) but I prefer to actually throw the ball before someone tries to intercept it....

Is the game balance argument because the % chance of an INT should be constant regardless of the throw (more chance of fumble at long bomb)

I just don't like it - I'd rather the rules worked in chronological order....

But you lot in the "rules are fine as they are" camp can go on feeling superior ;)

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

if you are going to change the throwing rules order for it to make "sense" then i also feel we might as well go the whole hog and get rid of most the the races as we all know orcs and elves for example don't exist

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

they don't ?? :o :o :o

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

We can feel superior because we are. There is not one of us who didn't, at one time, think like you. Because of that we can feel what you're going through. Every single Blood Bowl player on the planet has wrestled with how a pass can be intercepted before the pass roll is made. There are an elite few, though, who have been able to seperate themselves from their puny little lives long enough to contemplate the thought from far enough away to see that it really doesn't matter when the pass roll is made. The interception roll is the roll that really counts, no matter how much of a long shot it is. When you can grasp this concept you'll be allowed to view all manner of secrets availiable in the BB world. Till then, I pity you. :P

Have fun!
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

snotsngrots wrote:We can feel superior because we are. There is not one of us who didn't, at one time, think like you. Because of that we can feel what you're going through. Every single Blood Bowl player on the planet has wrestled with how a pass can be intercepted before the pass roll is made. There are an elite few, though, who have been able to seperate themselves from their puny little lives long enough to contemplate the thought from far enough away to see that it really doesn't matter when the pass roll is made. The interception roll is the roll that really counts, no matter how much of a long shot it is. When you can grasp this concept you'll be allowed to view all manner of secrets availiable in the BB world. Till then, I pity you. :P
I remember those days. Thinking BloodBowl had to make since.
Snots proves again why he is a wise man. :D

ImageImage
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

snotsngrots wrote:There are an elite few, though, who have been able to seperate themselves from their puny little lives long enough to contemplate the thought from far enough away to see that it really doesn't matter when the pass roll is made.

these are the ones that also know Orcs and Elves do exist aren't they .. I hope so at least .. come on, they must be :o :P

David Bergkvist
Star Player
Star Player

Post by David Bergkvist »

*delurks*

I don't get the "game balance" argument. Wouldn't this rule <b>increase</b> the number of interceptions (since rolling for scatter before determining who can intercept will create more situations where players can intercept)?

Some interceptions will be "lost" due to fumbles, but I would guess that is probably quite few compared to the ones "gained" when passes are inaccurate.