League awards

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ragnar Granit
Rookie
Rookie

League awards

Post by Ragnar Granit »

Hi!

Our BB gang is currently playing two leagues that feature a regular season (one round robin) and then the playoffs. So far we have played only two seasons (one per league). After the second season we decided to make the other league sort of the "premier league" to which each coach would bring their best team. We have been discussing about downgrading the regular season awards for the "second-class" league but have not yet made any decisions.

So, I would like to know which kind of awards (cash, SPPs etc.) you have in your leagues.

Here's what we currently have:

· Winner of the regular season - 100 k
· Playoffs, win - 150 k (and the undying admiration of all the other coaches :D)
· Playoffs, 2nd place - 100 k
· Playoffs, 3rd place - 50 k

In addition, we give player/team awards after the regular season in the following manner:

· Player awards (most TDs, CAS, Int, Completions, most SPP earned this season) - 5 SPP

· Most popular team / Gate magnet: +2 cheerleaders (the fans do get organized - believe it or not :) )

· Roughest team (most CAS for): +1 FF & -1 RR to the Opponent in the 1st playoff round

· Toughest team (least CAS against): +1 Assistant Coach ("physiotherapist") & +1 RR to 1st playoff round

· Best offence/defence (most TDs for/least TDs against): +1 Assistant Coach ("offensive/defensive coordinator") & +1 RR to 1st playoff round

Let me know what you think about these awards. Should these be downgraded (for the second-class league) or upgraded (for the premier league)?

Cheers!

Reason: ''
noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

I give out certificates, trophies and awards...

Unlikely to give much cash though. However for a final I will usually split about 100K between the teams.

http://www.geocities.com/noodle1978uk
NAF Member #2351
Ragnar Granit
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ragnar Granit »

Is there any specific reason why you don't want to hand out cash? I mean, in the LRB the cups, tournaments and alike all have cash prizes.

I think it's a fair compensation since going all the way up the playoff tree usually (in our leagues, at least) means a lot of casualities. And some teams may want to try freebooting some Big Stars in their ranks when that final eventually comes.

Ok, about the SPP then. What would be a good amount for the player awards? We thought that an extra MVP would be just fine. The players that usually win these prizes already have lots of points and it just gives them a nice boost towards that next skill.

Joaquim

Post by Joaquim »

I guess the problem is:
Playing more games is (normally) good for a team... if you add much money the winning teams will be much better than the others, so next seasson will be... a little one-sided...

duff
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duff »

We use less cash but more "specials" such as a weather mage for the next game. As much as possible prizes include stuff you can't normaly influece but which won't make your team insanly powerfull. The extra games should take care of that...

I don't have to be faster than the Ogre, just faster than you!