Death Bowl

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Death Bowl

Post by GenoNBBL »

Hi Guys,

Our league attempted to play DeathBowl last night, it was a last minute sort of thing and as such we just made up the rules as we went along. Because of this we made it incredibly hard to score and the game ended 0-0-0-0! At 3 points there could have been touchdowns but due to each teams setup you needed to complete an absurd amount of dodge and sprint roles to score.

Has anyone made rules up for Death Bowl under the current rules edition? If so I'd love to see them. Also if anyone knows where the 4th Ed Death Bowl rules are from one of the Compendiums I'd like to see them too.

Also, I want to go about making a 'proper' board. Can anyone give me the measurements in squares as to how long and wide the pitch is when made up with 2 old second edition boards? (double size center and 4 end zones) Failing that I can work with just the measurements of the 2nd edition board and work out the rest.

One rule we did really like was the 'team assists' rule. Basically if I wanted to block a player on another team it would have been a 1 dice block as usual (assuming both players are of equal strength) and then another player from a 3rd team was in both our tackle zones then the player from the 3rd team could choose who he wanted to assist. Makes for some very interesting allies I can tell you :)

Anyhow, if anyone can help I'd appericiate it.

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

The Death Bowl Rules are in Compendium 3. The (3e/4e) pitch is simply a normal pitch with two 6 deep (5 + the EZ) x the standard 14 wide sections added to make the cross shape.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Article is in the article library at blood-bowl.net

http://www.midgardbb.com/BBMagArticles/Deathbowl.html

Galak --- your friendly neighborhood BB librarian

Kamikaze Rudy
Veteran
Veteran

We call ours the Insano Tournament....

Post by Kamikaze Rudy »

We start with the 4-way pitch that one of our members custom made.(works in a cabinet shop) 4 Teams, 4 Balls....

Each team starts with a ball in their endzone. After picking it up, they must travel to another endzone and activate the ball. When the ball is activated we roll a D20 to see where the ball needs to go to score a touchdown. Each Endzone is given 5 numbers. So you have a 1-in-4 chance of scoring a touchdown in the first try. The balls have to be re-activated after every score, or if the ball ever touched the ground it also needs to be re-activated.

Endzone 1: 1, 5, 9, 13, 17
Endzone 2: 2, 6, 10, 14, 18
Endzone 3: 3, 7, 11, 15, 19
Endzone 4: 4, 8, 12, 16, 20

After a touchdown is scored, the ball that scored returns to one of the middle squares, and a mad dash ensues. Balls cannot go out of bounds. They bounce off the walls as if the crowd was throwing them back. It's a great way to play. You guys should try it.....It's Insano. Try getting to either side of you when you are using the Norse, and the Dwarves & Chaos Dwarves have walls built to stop you. Thank goodness for my 4St Berserker.

Insano Tourney I
Chaos Dwarves - 6
Dwarves - 4
Norse - 3
Chaos - 1

Don Khan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Don Khan »

We have a made a very classic one in an old league (i mean it was still the 2nd edition), and it was really fun...
We play with 4 teams and 2 field, the facing teams were together and need to score one any of the laterals enzone....
really fun, cause i play with my undead team, with a skaven team against orcs and human (strange association), and we all laught a lot...
i agree with you it could be really bloody(hapilly my skaven teamates play first and come near the ball with his runners gunters, put 2 turns latter it becomes a big battle in the center for the battle above his lying body!!!
really lot of fun, quite long (at least 2h00 a game)

just a question : isn't it possible to had those variations (deathboowl, dungonbowl) in the PBEM soft? that could give good pre or post season games!!! (like all star games)

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Grass Sections Needed

Post by GenoNBBL »

Hi guys,

I've made my own Death Bowl pitch using PSP7, the only thing that looks naff on it at the moment is the grass. I've taken a small image of a bit of the BB pitch I found on the net and copy/paste it for the entire board. As you can guess it looks playable but if I could get hold of a bigger scan covering the entire board it would look a hell of a lot better.

Can anyone help me out? Once I'm done I'll publish the board for everyone to use with full instructions on printing, setup etc. So it really will benefit the community.

I can get this done today if I'm at work so if anyone can help it'll really be appericiated.

I'll also make two formats of the board avaliable, a .bmp for everyone so you can just print it, plus the PSP7 image (.psp) which has 1 image with several layers so you can play with the original as much as you like. Obviously this requires a working knowledge of PSP7!

Thanks chaps,

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Right then.

I've made the pitch, it comes in a variety of images as listed below:

NOTE: Currently ALL images are made in PSP7 due to the use of layers.

Image 1: Contains 1 endzone complete with logo's for ALL official teams, barring Amazon (can't find a logo). When printing you just simply specify what race logo you want on the endzone, or you can always print a blank one.

Image 2: Middle of the pitch, top half. Contains the middle of the pitch with half the BB pitch skull on it.

Image 3: Middle of the pitch, bottom half. Contains the middle of the pitch with the other half of the BB pitch skull on it.

From this you print out both middle sections plus 4 endzones. The only major change is I've made the sections 12x6 rather than 14x6. This is simply because 14x6 won't fit on A3 size paper AND still be big enough to fit models into the squares. It shouldn't alter DeathBowl that much.

You need access to an A3 printer and I suggest you print it on glossy paper, then back onto thick card and trim it to fit.

Currently you can only access these images in PSP7. I will be putting up bitmaps of just the 2 middle board sections plus a plain endzone as well. On request I don't mind putting all the other teams endzones into .bmp format if enough people ask.

This should all be avaliable by the weekend on http://www.fragalot.com

When I upload the images ready for you all to download they will be accompanied by photo's so you have an idea of what it's like, and if it's for you before you go ahead and do all the necessary work for creating your own Death Zone board.

I will also (within a week) have 'modified' rules up for DeathZone to accompany the boards. They will be suited for the NBBL so they may not suite everyone (one BIG change is that there will be a Referee).

Feedback welcome.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

wa have done some game of this but with 100TR team or more and we always finished a game but it was with 3rd ED

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/