High Elf Warrior Maidens

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

NightDragon wrote:The MBBL2 sounds like its just up my street. I have wanted to play in it for a long while now, I just can't seem to find the time!!
Within the next 3 months the MBBL2 will go to a challenge format with 6 month seasons. You only need 5 minutes each weekday free to play a game using Email based play. So I'm sure you'll be able to try the league out when the challenge format system goes live.

Galak

Reason: ''
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Since we are talking about mbbl2, does Trip up enable any of the other tz skills to work while prone; i.e. tackle, prehensile tail, foul app?

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

sean newboy wrote:Since we are talking about mbbl2, does Trip up enable any of the other tz skills to work while prone; i.e. tackle, prehensile tail, foul app?
No.

Galak

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Let me know when Galak, and if that is all the time you need I am sure I can find that amount of it.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
campaigner
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by campaigner »

thanks for the info, Galak.

btw, I might appear even stoopider than I want to, but anyway:

is this mysterious MBBL of yours a pbem league?

and I have been using most of the rules from your site since I restarted playing BB some 9 months or so ago... I liked most of the new skills

c

Switzerland is small and neutral.
We're more like Germany. Ambitious. And misunderstood.
- Prof. Farnsworth, Futurama
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

campaigner wrote:is this mysterious MBBL of yours a pbem league?
The MBBL is a PBeM league that tests experimental rules for the BBRC (ie its LRB + experimental + BBRC requested tests)

The MBBL2 is a PBeM league that uses the list of house rules I wrote above.

Two very seperate leagues.

Galak

Cervidal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Cervidal »

Back to the original question...

When I initially started playing Blood Bowl, we were using mostly 3rd ed. rules and a number of extra teams/positions that had come out in the magazines over the years. We used Maidenguard, and they were one of a short list of reasons that my first HE team went 100-17 before final retirement. The two worst of 'em I ever developed:

9 2 4 7 Dodge, Leap, Sidestep + Block, Catch, Sprint, Sure Feet, Sure Hands, Jump Up

10 3 5 8(Helmet!) Dodge, Leap, Sidestep + Block, Sprint, Sure Feet

No one liked that second one, though the first led all time in touchdowns in that league.

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

117 games with the same team. WoW impressive. :o I always get bored somewhere along the line and restart my teams. I think I am a much better general manager then a coach.

ImageImage
Cervidal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Cervidal »

Well... at the time, I only had access to the one team. Plus, my HE had a tendency to go through what I like to refer to as 'blood lettings', usually at the hands of two specific coaches. They'd usually be good for dropping team rating a good fifty to seventy five points.

The first one, without any doubles or stat increases, she played in all 117 of those games.

juck101
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by juck101 »

played high elf long time ago and they are an ok team. The lack of big guys is shit but its the price of the life as an elf coach. Over three seasons the kicked butt and I think they are balanced currently.

plasmoid " If you add the maidens without removing something else then they are definately a problem. "

Agree with this because they are a balanced team. If you need to change them at all consider a better star player, he is very shit. Most leagues seam to drop star players and if so, leave the high elf roster without the maidens.

...the pope said to his aid...