Trouble winning with Elves ... here's your solution

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Trouble winning with Elves ... here's your solution

Post by spubbbba »

Pedda wrote:
bruce888 wrote:I do indeed. Just wanted to know and still do!!!!. As a side note.....in my house rules, block has been moved to Strength. Tackle has no affect on the block dice. Instead it gives a -1 to the Dodge roll as well as not being able to Re-rolls a failed dodge.
Block as a strength skill? Someone likes their big guys.
Playing ogres?
I'd have thought Dwarfs and especially Norse would love that the most. Dwarf runners needing a double for block would be a slight inconvenience, but all the Norse players could easily get block.

I still prefer making skills have a varied cost, so the good ones would be 25 or 30k and the rubbish ones 10 or 15, possibly allowing people to take 2 rubbish ones as a single choice too. Or just combining some of them.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
bruce888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bruce888 »

only dwarf blitzers start with block. longbeards have mighty tackle (cost an additional square of movement), and stand firm. troll slayer has juggernaut. only norse blitzer has block. all norse players start with frenzy.

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

spubbbba wrote:
Pedda wrote:
bruce888 wrote:I do indeed. Just wanted to know and still do!!!!. As a side note.....in my house rules, block has been moved to Strength. Tackle has no affect on the block dice. Instead it gives a -1 to the Dodge roll as well as not being able to Re-rolls a failed dodge.
Block as a strength skill? Someone likes their big guys.
Playing ogres?
I'd have thought Dwarfs and especially Norse would love that the most. Dwarf runners needing a double for block would be a slight inconvenience, but all the Norse players could easily get block.
The ulfwerners on the norse team wouldn't get block either, but I guess they could get wrestle.

Then again, they seem to be playing a different game in that league, so what do I know...
bruce888 wrote:only dwarf blitzers start with block. longbeards have mighty tackle (cost an additional square of movement), and stand firm. troll slayer has juggernaut. only norse blitzer has block. all norse players start with frenzy.