Blood Bowl Playing Assumption Profiles

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Currently, what do you mostly play?

Table top league > 1.5mil
13%
Table top league <1.5 mil
18%
Tournaments
14%
Online Fummbl
12%
Online Cyanide
11%
Equal: Table Top/Tournaments
13%
Equal: Table top/Online Fummbl
3%
Equal: Table top/Online Cyanide
5%
Equal: Online Fummbl/Tournaments
1%
Equal: Online Cyanide/Tournaments
No votes
Equal:Tabletop/Online/Tournaments
5%
Other format (mail/email, er al.)
2%
Semi-retired (not playing lately)
5%

Total votes: 110

ravyn
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Blood Bowl Playing Assumption Profiles

Post by ravyn »

i have chaos edition of blood bowl, used to play on fumbbl, played in a league in augusta before i moved. now im stuck in the middle of nowhere and never have time to play on line so im stuck playing by myself

Reason: ''
ImageApprentice Blasphemer - Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

I play Tabletop in two separate open leagues, for a total of 3 scheduled nights a month, plus playing games for either league outside these nights; the total averages out to about once a week. Aside from that I play 5-6 tournaments/year. I do not play Cyanide/FUMBBL, because the physical, aesthetic and social aspects of Tabletop are too important to me to go without.

BigSexy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BigSexy »

Tabletop or it didn't happen.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

I play only tabletop at the moment. About 3 or 4 games a month, in 2 leagues at the same club (one semi-scheduled, one open and loose). TV varies from 100 to somewhat below 200.

I play about 7 tabletop tournaments each year, 3 in Australia, 4 in New Zealand, with wide differences in format.

I find great synergy in playing in both tournaments and leagues. Tournaments are where I make most of my breakthroughs in strategy and roster design. However, a local league is a great way to get to know a new race.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Table top, mostly in league.

Only played cyanide online a handful of times, but experience was awful (ppl kept disconnecting as soon as some key player was injured or whatever...).
Still find FUMMBL enjoyable but haven't been able to, due to daytime overwork and lack of patience/stamina to keep in front of the pc late night for gaming.

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

Darkson wrote:Don't play Cyanide, to flaky.
Don't play Fumbbl, bad experiences.

..., but would love to have a regular and ongoing league.
You should give it a go again. New client is nothing like the old one for all the hassles. Then join a solid UK/euro league and have fun. White Isle League, OBBA, etc. Stay out of Box and Ranked and the bumps are minor to none.

I'd be more than happy to arrange a game with you to get you familiar with the client.

koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

Darkson wrote: Don't play Fumbbl, bad experiences.

Pffft.

Don't join public divisions. Join a league.

Or start one.

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

koadah wrote:

Pffft.

Or start one.
Say you don't know anyone and just give it a go. Its a legitimate response. Of course, online gaming is the realm of the keyboard warrior and the minimum wage tough guy so you need to adjust your expectations accordingly.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

Fassbinder75 wrote:
koadah wrote:

Pffft.

Or start one.
Say you don't know anyone and just give it a go. Its a legitimate response. Of course, online gaming is the realm of the keyboard warrior and the minimum wage tough guy so you need to adjust your expectations accordingly.
You don't need to know anyone to join a league. You get to know the coaches on the field and in the league message threads or chat rooms.

Pick a league that you like the sound of and sign up or message the commish for more info.

It is very easy to create your own league though keeping it going requires time and energy.

People talk about Fumbbl & Cyanide as if they are just massive leagues.. Really they are more platforms where you can play BB.
The public leagues are huge and anonymous and allow you to get a game quickly. But the rules do not really suit those kind of leagues, people approach the game in different ways and the more anonymous it is the more likely that people will behave like knobheads.

Some people only play league. Some play league and public. Some only public.

I run open leagues (KOs too). You can approach them like public leagues but of course they are smaller so it will take you longer to get a game if you just turn up one evening and want to play.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I don't think there were that many leagues back when I tried it, I don't even think there were or [r] then (might hve been, I really don't know).
Met a couple of knobs, later (in a TBB league, so I know the people I'd play) had some technical issues (kept crashing my browser mid-game) and when I tried to ask the admins for help, all I got told was "read the FAQ", even though I explained I'd read the FAQ, and a long-term player there had never heard of the issue.

So yeah, it might be different now, but the bad taste I was left with (by the people that should be welcoming players) means it's not something I'm to bothered to try again.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I felt similar, started again 18 months ago, and love it :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

sann0638 wrote:I felt similar, started again 18 months ago, and love it :)
+1 went back to it recently when BlocknRoll asked if I wanted to join his league, also joined the 3DB Highlander league about the same time, not had a bad experience with either, some guys I know, some Ive seen on here/The NAF, others are all new to me.

TBH, I stopped because I lost interest in all the online versions, but Ive got my interest back now... :D

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Darkson wrote:I don't think there were that many leagues back when I tried it, I don't even think there were or [r] then (might hve been, I really don't know).
Met a couple of knobs, later (in a TBB league, so I know the people I'd play) had some technical issues (kept crashing my browser mid-game) and when I tried to ask the admins for help, all I got told was "read the FAQ", even though I explained I'd read the FAQ, and a long-term player there had never heard of the issue.

So yeah, it might be different now, but the bad taste I was left with (by the people that should be welcoming players) means it's not something I'm to bothered to try again.

Nothing is perfect, try it again, just focus on the fun of playing with friends in a private league if you don't like Ranked and Box, and don't care about the sometimes rude behaviour of some admins.

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

Darkson wrote:So yeah, it might be different now, but the bad taste I was left with (by the people that should be welcoming players) means it's not something I'm to bothered to try again.
You sound as stubborn as me! :D

My offer stands, I'll get you setup and playing, help with technical issues. We can even play in test mode for fun with any team on the site, so you don't even have to commit to building a team to check it out again. No one will even know about your moment of weakness. ;)

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

MattDakka wrote:don't care about the sometimes rude behaviour of some admins.
...he advised Darkson. I think my ironometer just broke. Loves ya!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler