Cyanide... a new card system?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Cyanide... a new card system?

Post by garion »

plasmoid wrote:2) Garion that thing about Tackle vs Gobbos in res tournaments? Looks a little like crazy talk.
In my res experience, tackle is not a popular skill pick. You get so few skills, and not all teams have dodge. Frenzy seems more popular for hitting catchers - perhaps because of the surf potential. And you'd likely have 1 such blodger.
When tackle is so rarely picked, a change to tackle Will have little impact. And we're talking about teams a long Way from Breaking even in the WDL department.
It might be - as you say - "annoying". That is hardly reason to worry.
Yeah you are probably right, I just think it should be tested out a bit in that environment first really. I'm still not sold on it anyway really tbh i dont think it really adds much. I'd rather just see dwarf teams lose tackle on the starting roster tbh.

Reason: ''
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Oh oh! Are we doing all our list of changes for blood bowl? :)
plasmoid wrote:....while adding Thick Skull to the throwers and blitzers (maling Them skeletons and making their price right.
I always thought it was because if you knocked the magic helmet off it too a while to screw back on?

juck101

Post by juck101 »

GalakStarscraper wrote:On that Garion ... you and I fully agree. Cyanide having the reigns with the development of the "rules" is not a bit of a concerning thing if it ever spreads beyond the Cyanide game.

The hamstrings with the Khorne team were a good example. Team had to be built to match the graphics instead of the other way around.

And to be clear ... the remove Khemri from the game is a long ago thing. I fought really hard for the Break Tackle, AV 8 version at either 110k or 120k ... lost that battle in the final BBRC vote.

And yeah ... I do still like the bank. :wink:

Would like to see the Slann Blitzers go down 10k in price as well. And I would really like to fix Piling On so that no modifiers or skills can be used on a re-roll caused by it (and possibly making it so that you have to announce its use before you even roll the first armour roll (which would then allow you then to reroll either the armor or injury your choice but you still have to go prone even if you do not reroll either)). And I would love to see serious playtest data for Stunty stopping Tackle from convert Pow! to Pow. Would like to Sneaky Git improved as well ... always liked the idea of it acting like Guard for Fouls in addition to what it already does. Finally in terms of rules simplification ... would be okay with the Igor going bye bye and just allowing the Apothecary to not have an exception for being allowed for any team and any player.

Ah well ... musing out loud.
Yup pretty much perfect. I would like to think I agree with the better ideas and this post is almost 100% the way to lrb7 being the pinnacle. If...

Sneaky git needs some work as a stunty or fouling skill. Currently its weak and a waste.

...the pope said to his aid...
EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

juck101 wrote: Yup pretty much perfect.
Except everyone's missed the worst part about stunty teams, disturbing presence. There is no logical design or balance reason for it to affect throw teammate. All it does is make matches against Nurgle an even bigger pile of suck than a match against Dwarves. I'm opposed to piles of suck.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I thought on the tackle thing it was right stuff not stunty to ensure skinks didn't benefit?

garion

Post by garion »

It is Chris.