The Deep Ones

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

The Deep Ones

Post by bizzydog217 »

So recently my league bought a ton of kickstarter stuff and that means when the orders ship I should be the proud new owner of a Deep Ones team including the big guy(s). My biggest concern is using the pieces. I have no idea what team can utilize the players effectively. If you are unfamiliar with the team here is a link viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39595&start=0

I'm thinking a bashier team works for them but I'm not sold on who.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: The Deep Ones

Post by Darkson »

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Casebolt
Experienced
Experienced

The Deep Ones

Post by Casebolt »

I am making a double chaos and Nurgle team with them and roll Jordan's zombie slann as rotters

bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bizzydog217 »

Darkson - While that team looks awesome, I would need to get my league to approve it in order to play it. I know I can play at home but I don't really have opponents that just play for the sake of the game outside the league, so until I get their approval I won't be able to use it.

Casebolt - I was thinking Chaos or Nurgle. Chaos works but with only 2 positionals it makes things a bit sketchy for all the players, and Nurgle could be fun, but there is something about Nurgle that is always been a turn off. Maybe Nurgle is the right choice, I was just not seeing anything but those two at the moment.

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

I thought they were intended as slann, but the guy in my league that bought them intends to use them as Nurgle.

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

I was thinking Nurgle when I saw it. You could also easily retheme them from a number of teams though. Just take the rostered skills and stats from other teams and make them an underwater monster team. It works for Long Island because we're surrounded by ocean. :D

Khemri, Necro (if you use the sharks), Undead.

Pretty much anything. Just take the skill set that you'd really like to try and then make it work with backstory on the figures. That's what DocSmith did with the Apes of Wrath nee Pro Elves.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bizzydog217 »

I was thinking that. Personally my favorite of the models is the scuba suit guy and I want him to have ST4 or better because he looks sick. I like all suggestions given so far. Thanks for the feedback guys

Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

Think there was talk about being used as Orcs as well... think Galak was even putting out a small mini for goblins... Don't quote me on this as the way I'm feeling today I could be very easily confused ...

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bizzydog217 »

Looking at them they have a fit for Orcs.

The Scuba Men - Black Orcs
The Octopus Men - Blitzers
Frog Men - Linemen/Throwers
Big Guy is Troll.

I was just hoping to find another big strong beefy team that wasn't going to be Orcs that fit the mold.

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

Now you get a nice story that goes with it:

There was a Navy battle 60 years ago that took place near the Marianus Trench (sp?). A cruiser was sunk and the crew plummeted to their deaths. A coordinated dive took place and the ship was recovered but the crew was nowhere to be found. It seems they were taken before their lives expired by a giant whale who swallowed them whole and deposited them in an oxygen-rich undersea cavern that was populated by orcs. The orcs had come here from their lands through a portal deep in the Trench thousands of years ago. They had conformed to the land and through moderate use of magic and evolution had turned into an underwater race that could only be called the "Deep Ones". Once they saw the humans, they turned their focus onto the surface. They learned from the torture of the humans that there were games that were played atop called "baseball" and "football". They sent scouts above to the land of Long Island where they observed and plotted for the next few decades. Once the sport of Blood Bowl had been introduced, they found their chance.

It's all part of the Deep Ones' desire to take over the world! Through Blood Bowl!!!!

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup