Big Guys, Starplayers and Freeboters / Team Re-Rolls ?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Sod the issue.......

3-0 To the England

Reason: ''
[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Toby

Post by Toby »

:roll: Thx Christer, btw when will England and Germany meet ? 8)

As to Real Time vs Turn Based.

In my opinion, turn based Stratergy is ok when ists a one on one Game.
Waiting for 8 People to take their Turn is too much, obviously.

A smart Electronic Bood Bowl Pitch could speed things up i think, and you dont have to paint your stuff, so you can play more ^^

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

:o :o :o

Finally, we can consider France would has be beaten by 5-0 by this english team ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

About Toby reply, I've started to underline all the points that made me roar, but I think Piepgrass is right: let's thrown away this topic. I just say (I'm tired too, Toby):

Before criticizing 1/ valuable players and their remarks -I don't talk about me- 2/ Game designers 3/ GW marketers, please show us how great you are in commercial projects...What I noticed:

You didn't know existing tools (PBem, JavaBowl), you didn't know there's a french online project (mentioned somewhere else in the board), and every manager would tell you before starting a project, you will need to know existing tools;

You don't know anything about IP rights (what a laugh !!! a professional project !!! But all GW video games rights has been already bought by a professionnal firm !!! A warhammer online game will be released soon), and starting by criticizing GW commercial sense isn't the best way if you want to avoid a lot of lawsuits.

You show a so little sense of listening I'm not sure your topics were the best way for having a team project around you. By reading you, I guess you'd never worked before in a team project.

So, the last word I woudl say is "good luck!", and keep us informed !

Toby

Post by Toby »

I only said what i think blod bowl is right now in my opinion. (discontinued by Games Workshop, unavailiable in Stores)

What i think it could be. (A big hit when transfered to a PC game).

I further said what i want to do is NOT that i will take Blood Bowl, improve it and sell it, but, think about Blood Bowl with the new possibilities of the Internet in Mind, get those thougts on Paper in a way that is detailed enough to maybe convince someone at Games Workshop that this could Work. So GW could present that to their Software Partner and say: look we got a Concept for one of our Games to try transfer it to a electronic Plattform here, lets go make a fantastic Game.

All i am working on is a .doc File.

So call that House Rules if you want, with the focus on the things mentioned before.

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

All the tools you talk of are fan projects which, while ambitious and great for fans, would be torn apard in any review of a software Magazine that did not know of Blood Bowl previously or someone who is a fan of the game.

Toby - Have you seen the PBeM tool? I doubt it would be "torn apart," given the number of real fans who already love it. It handles just about everything that exists in the game, so why would a fan not love it? Because it lacks real-time play? So does the board game.

-Chet

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Toby wrote:I only said what i think blod bowl is right now in my opinion. (discontinued by Games Workshop, unavailiable in Stores)
What i think it could be. (A big hit when transfered to a PC game).
I further said what i want to do is NOT that i will take Blood Bowl, improve it and sell it, but, think about Blood Bowl with the new possibilities of the Internet in Mind, get those thougts on Paper in a way that is detailed enough to maybe convince someone at Games Workshop that this could Work. So GW could present that to their Software Partner and say: look we got a Concept for one of our Games to try transfer it to a electronic Plattform here, lets go make a fantastic Game.
All i am working on is a .doc File.
So call that House Rules if you want, with the focus on the things mentioned before.
It sounds more interesting like this. Many thanks to keep us informed and let's talk about another thing !

Toby

Post by Toby »

Acerak,

i was saying (trying to say): unless you already know bloodbowl, are fa fan of it, played before, or are pushed to give the game a try by a friend, you will probably not get acces to the game. (which starts to get interesting only as soon as the game mechaniks are known to you, and you have an general oversight of what's included in the game)

A total Blood Bowl, Games Workshop, Warhammer World, Tabletop newbie will most likely not attracted by a Game that is not on the same Technical and General Quality Level as Warcraft 3 for example.

As for Real Time: forget about that. No Real Time. I said before: my most important guideline is 100% compatibilty with the Board Game.

Anyway thank you for your "normal" non flaming post :roll:

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Toby wrote:I only said what i think blod bowl is right now in my opinion. (discontinued by Games Workshop, unavailiable in Stores)
Couldn't let this pass...Re-released by GW, available in stores.
New figures released...more on the way...the Annual..the formation of the BBRC and the NAF.. the re-release of the BB Magazine independent of the Journal..a thriving international community who converse via boards, mailing lists, play each other via the net, meet up for tournaments....etc etc etc.
This game probably is in a better state than it's ever been.
With respect, try a little fact finding.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Toby

Post by Toby »

You are from England, right ?

Its not availiable in Stores in Bavaria, Germany. I was not sure about the online shop, so i wanted to ask if its reliable. Is it ? I mean from international Areas, i dont want to pay like 1.000.000 gp for shipment.

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

As reliable as your postal service! Everything you need should be available now or very soon from GW.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Toby

Post by Toby »

thx, ill give it a try and buy a human team :)

would you pleas look into galak's new topic as well :roll: ?

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

You might want to have a look on EBAYfor a bargain. Compare with GW mail order prices though.