ally rules

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Sputnik
Loretta

ally rules

Post by Sputnik »

Hai everyone :D .

I am currently playing in a league (rules adapted to the LRB) with (still) the following ally rules:

-max three allies, only one big guy
-the list from the 4th ed. gold rules for picking the rosters
-no rr for allies
-no mutations for allies
-you can have more than one from a race (i.e. two dark elves)
-no more allies from the same position than on the original roster
-no player limitation so far (you can pick them all: the wardancer, the witch elf,..)

coaches agreed on discussing that topic for balance and team identity.

But as you can imagine, some don't really want allies while others rely on them.

Proposals are from:

-no allies (and my ogre?)
-no allies exept one big guy (what about the high elf coach?)
-only two (is this then BALANCED?)
-only lineman or equivalents
...to: leave it as it is.

I hope you can help me gathering some ideas and give me some input from your " ally experience".

Thanks in advance :P

Sputnik

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

There's experimental ally rules in the BB Magazine due in August if that helps any.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Piepgrass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Piepgrass »

howcome you disallow mutations on bigguys?

Poul

[size=150][color=red]VICIOUS[/color][/size]
The Copenhagen Wight.
Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

Deathwing:

I heard about the release, but have no ideas in which direction they will be headed. And it's in August! Looong time.

There were sort of ally rules in the Dungeon Bowl file with a main race and so on. But most coaches don't want to go that far, to give you an idea of where it basically should go.

A major question was who you may have as an ally, for example (race and position).

Piepgrass:

Only "your" team may have mutations.

One idea was to only allow mutations for allies in teams which can have mutatations, like a skaven in a Chaos team, but no chaos warrior in an Orc team. But that was denied. But since you mention it, one exeption is a rat ogre playing for the skavens,k I guess.

Sputnik

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

We currently Play BB2k1 rules with a few House Rules. One of the House rules is to allow up to 4 allies per team (in practice, this tends to be a max of 2). Only ally one can be a non lineman (ie 3 have to be from the cheapest player on the roster) player and they all have to be different. Otherwise the rules are as per the BB MAGs 1 and 2.

Personally, I think that this is wrong and when we finish our current round of games, I think we'll be kicking them out!

So why is it wrong? Well playing with allies reduces the disadvantages of each race eg Khemri can get a fast runner, av 7 teams can get a tough guy for the line.... etc. My view is that it is a better game where each Coach has to get around the limitations of the race he is playing with.

Dave

Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

Thanks, DD.

This is why we questioned the rules as they are. One problem is the balance. Some teams have greater access to other races than others. And a dark elf lineman is still welcome in a chaos team, while the orcs can dream of that AG4. Coaches don't really want to skip ALL allies, put want to put some "spice" to the game. Now if there is a possibility, there are always the ones getting the edge. And this is what some want to limit a bit more.

Sputnik

bj0rn
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bj0rn »

experience tells me that if it is possible to get a gutter runner ally then the ally rules are not functioning correctly.

bj0rn - as simple as that.