(LRB 1.1) General Skills are not availiabliable to...

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Toby,

Yes, you can say that all players who do not have stunty have access to general skills. Atleast under the 2k1 ruleset. This might change at a later date though, but for now it appears to hold for true.

I believe this is all you wanted to hear, right?

-- Christer

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Agreed under the current rules, all players except those with Stunty have access to General skills (it should be mentioned that if the Snotlings return which I'm pretty sure they will someday it will be everyone except those with Stunty or Titchy)

One of the ideas discussed for the Lizardman team was to drop Stunty from the Skinks and give them back General skills. Not sure ... a lot of people feel the team got nailed ... personally I still find the team very competitive ... Krox will get Mighty Blow in October (99% certain) so all is fine in my opinion.

Galak

SixFootDwarf
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SixFootDwarf »

I have to say I disagree with Skinks losing Stunty. The character of the Lizardman team comes from the fact that the Saurii are dead hard but no ball-handling and the Skinks can fly like the wind but get hurt easy and can't block.

If you take away Stunty from the Skinks you're gonna have a LOT of Blodgey Skinks with MV8 that don't get hurt any more than Elves. Combine that with SIX ST4 Saurii...figure it out. Half of my league alone wanted to take Lizards until they heard that Skinks got no General skills. If you give the Skinks access to Block, Tackle, etc...AND remove the fact that they get hurt a lot it's gonna create a lot of all-Lizard leagues. Even if they lose their dodginess from Stunty it's still going to unbalance them. 6 ST4 Saurii, 4 Block/Dodge Skinks and a Krox...ouch!

The Krox SHOULD have Mighty Blow, though...why an Ogre and not them? :)

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

It wasnt the+1 injury modifier i minded so much from my skinks but the loss of passing range. Thats a major thing to lose when all your other team players are ag 1.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Skinks with MV8 that don't get hurt any more than Elves.
Trust me st 2 gets hurt much more often than st 3.

Now i made a bb legend around Lizardman teams around blodge, dauntless, and diving tackle; however i could live without the access to general skills. There are other ways to skin skaven. But a st 2 dodge guy with av 7 is still gonna get hurt, if u dont believe that ask any skaven, woodelf, or human coach how much they try to protect their runner/catchers.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Toby

Post by Toby »

So what if a Goblin rolls a double on a Starplayer Roll and Chooses to loose his Racial Characteristic "Stunty" ???

I say if he abandons stuny he gains, access to General Skills.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

You can never lose Racial Characteristics under the current rules even on doubles.

If you question was how about allowing this to happen ... not in favor of this because I want Ogre to stay Boneheaded (sorry Trambi)

Galak

Toby

Post by Toby »

The existing Gobo Starplayers must have lost that RC. (see the sidenote in RLB on big guys and loss of RC with Star Players)

Galak, i think, that could be noted in the RC description, like Bonehead "can never be lost or gained" or "always Hungry" can be lost or gained when rolling a Double on a SPR)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

ummm...it, like, IS mentioned in the definition of racial characteristics, even if not in each specific "skill"'s case.

I thought we'd cleared this one up a long time ago.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Guys,

I think I've figured out part of the language barrier with Toby's posts. Toby suggests changes to the rules without phrasing them in a way that sound like he is proposing a change to those of us for whom English is native.
Galak, i think, that could be noted in the RC description, like Bonehead "can never be lost or gained" or "always Hungry" can be lost or gained when rolling a Double on a SPR)
See the above reads like he thinks that Always Hungry can be lost or gained when rolling Doubles ... however, Toby knows this. He is suggesting a rule change to allow certain characteristics to be gained/lost while others cannot.

So Thradin, its not that Toby doesn't understand the rules, but instead is suggesting new ones. Keep in mind that Toby wants to re-overhaul the rules and his posts make a lot more sense. A lot of Toby's paragraphs are missing the "What if the rules where changed so that" beginning. Without it, the statements read like questions of the current rules rather than changes.

That said, I mentally do not have a problem with the Star Players having lost their racial characteristics. Once in a while a great star comes along who can do things that other of his race/gender just cannot do ... it happens in real life, I don't see the problem with allowing it in Blood Bowl.

Galak

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

AH. *scales fall from eyes, heavens open etc.*
I think I'm just having a bad time with Germans in general lately.
Apologies to Toby if I was missing his point.

I think the inability to lose the negative characteristics is a good thing though, and totally agree with the "Stars are special cases" part.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
jeffzimm1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeffzimm1 »

Why not a rule, maybe a house rule, that once a player reaches a certain status certain characteristics that are negative begin to drop off, in other words, his experience "buys out" his negative traits.

With Minotaurs, "wild animal" as an example.

"Never, NEVER, disturb a Minotaur while he's eating!"

Coach Tad Bloodthrasher after he tried to get his Starplayer to get his mind back on the game. (He was lucky. He only lost an arm).
Toby

Post by Toby »

Stunty:
This would be a hard decision weather a coach would like to get rid of this RC or not. Stunty itself is pretty cool, but on the other hand you cant throw, get bashed all the time and do not have acces to General skills...

I mean making it possible to loose this RC would not be interesting.
Gaining RC should not be Possible. Born Goblin, be Goblin. Born Human, become Goblin sounds like to much unidentified potions. ^^