Major change of Pro and Team Re-Rolls / hot or not ^^

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Toby

Major change of Pro and Team Re-Rolls / hot or not ^^

Post by Toby »

Every Freebooter, including Star Players is supposed to have the Pro Skill. :o
No Freebooter or Starplayer may ever use a Team Re-Roll.

After the Match a coach may decide to permanently hire a Freebooter including the Star Player Points he received. The Freebooter costs the normal price and Looses his Pro Skill as he wants to become a well respected member of your team that is allowed to use Team Re-Rolls.

Reason: ''
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Toby,

Why don't you create your set of house rules, and put them on a webpage somewhere and post a note about it on the "House Rules" forum? By asking for comments on every single idea you have, you're more or less asking to be ignored. This new single thread you start could then be used to handle all comments and keep people updated on changes in your ruleset, which is good for both you and the rest of us.

-- Christer

Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

I gotta agree with Christer here,Do up a web page so people can take a look and feedback to a single thread :roll:

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

I have to agree too. Without intention of flaming, it's really start to be boring... And it harms you to my mind, due to the fact we can't have a global opinion. So the webpage is a good alternative, I think. And please don't hesitate to post your updates 8)

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

As an answer to Toby's original post:

1) Freebooters are normally used in desperate times for a team. Not allowing them to act as a normal player is double penaltizing the team. I also think of these guys as a minor league player getting his try out. He's had a few games with the team and they are willing to give them a shot (however, they always fail the tryout)

2) Good chance in October that Star Players will not be allowed to use Team Rerolls at all. Giving them all Pro has merit and is something I would not be opposed except for the fact that players like Griff already have 7 skills rolls and giving him Pro would make him an impossible star. So you'd have to have a special rules that freebooted stars all Pro like skill without having Pro and then you've added rules clutter.

3) Part of freebooting is the risk of doing so. Will lose the MVP or will I be forced to score with them losing those SPPs as well. If you allow a coach to hire them at the end of the game, you eliminate the risk factor which for certain teams wouldn't be a good deal. Example: Halfling team could freeboot 2 LOS flings for each match for 30k .. if they get an MVP then I've effectively purchased a Fling with 5 SPPs for 45k ... deal in my book as one completion is worth a skill roll and skills have a normal value of 20k each. Now granted its not such a great deal for the other teams, but you are still eliminating some of the risk that was there.

Galak

Toby

Post by Toby »

Thx Galak, if i understand correctly then you like the Starplayer Rule but do not to have Pro as a Skill, but as an Special Star Player Rule. thats cool.

As to the Freebooters, If I freeboot an Dragon Warrior, for 50.000, and he collects SPP, in order to singn him up permanently i would still have to pay another 100.000, so that would be 150.000, and its unsure if a coach even has enough Treasury to hire the guy.

I think, it would't hurt to much if you were allowed that couple of SPP.
It would make Freeboting a little bit more attractive as well, i think.

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I do like the concept of hiring freebooted players after a game. Why? because it helps teams who are short on players and cash helping them recover from the negative cycles that teams can gete dragged into - one bad match leads to another one as you are short of players from the off.

However there must be a penalty, otherwise you would always freeboot players first. So how about 1/2 to freeboot, then 1/2 cost + 20k to sign. If you know you want to sign a player you are unlikely to risk losing 20k, so it really remains something for the desperate.

Ian

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I was going to suggest something similar. I thought about a team having to pay the full price for the player though.
(eg. The Middenland Firebirds freeboot a Lineman for an upcoming game.
He gets a casualty and the MVP. 7 SPPs - a star player roll! The Firebirds get 50k winnings. Their coach declares that he's keeping the player on, paying over his 50K winnings, and the Lineman becomes a full time member of the team, taking his spp roll etc.)

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Toby

Post by Toby »

wow, 2 (two) people who LIKE a suggestion I made. wow. ok i will leave the board now, mission completed ^^

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Oi! I only agreed with SOME of it! :wink:

Toby

Post by Toby »

ok then i must stay :o

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I'm now trying to work out if Toby realises that last post should have been read as a joke...I'm not sure they have Irony in Germany...(or if they do its sort of like coppery or goldy....)

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

they certainly don't have it over here...

you'll never get me to like freebooting, or even using stock stars outside of 1-offs, but i think i can see a certain relevance to allowing a team to buy a freebooter's services permanently... but i'd say that it would have to be at full-wage after the game... so the guy actually winds up costing 150% of his cost, but you can, as in teh example, keep those spp's if you want to...

...can't say as how it'd be worth it...

...just paying the other half after the game doesn't work for me because it allows teams to get players a game early... say you're 20k short of your new wardancer, so, freeboot him this game, pay the other half after you get your winnings, you got him a day early... an abusive system....

iron chef kosher
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Precisely. Thats why I advocate the "Pay for him in full after the first game" principle. Almost eliminates the idea of doing it with anything but Linemen too. Paying 150% for a guy is tough, but if he did well you may as well.

Toby

Post by Toby »

thats EXACTLY what i suggested :pissed: