New Team Roster: something generally wrong

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Toby

Post by Toby »

If i ever sell it, i will write: "warning, not for french-coaches" all over it ^^

Reason: ''
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Toby wrote:If i ever sell it, i will write: "warning, not for french-coaches" all over it ^^
Ah, Toby ... Nothing to add. PLease drop me a line when sold !

Oh, by talking of Blood Bowl, what about lizardmen, amazons, Norsemen in your project ?

PS: for all who appreciate french people the french project I've talked sooo long time ago came from hell, and still on the road. For all who know the project (I think especially to Galak), it will be based on 2K1 rules :lol: :lol: :lol: only !!! A lot of big surprises will come soon...

Just a precision: it's in english. No french needed to play ;)

Toby

Post by Toby »

Teams Are:

Human / Dwarf / High Elf / Amazon
Orc / Norse / Wood Elf / Lizardmen
Undead / Chaos / Skaven / Dark Elf
+ French Elves ^^

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Toby wrote:Teams Are:

Human / Dwarf / High Elf / Amazon
Orc / Norse / Wood Elf / Lizardmen
Undead / Chaos / Skaven / Dark Elf
+ French Elves ^^
Finally, you missed Halflings and Goblins... Interesting. And chaos dwarves too. Very interesting (I would be curious to learn the reason why for these ones... I know you consider halflings and gobbos are not balanced teams, but what about chaos dwarves ?)

Just a last word: I'm not considering a flame war with you... If you want it, please feel free to ask it to me via pm. This board isn't the place for.

You're wrong: I'm playing orcs. And I would be very interested in understanding your soooooo clever sense of humour via pm ...

Toby

Post by Toby »

:o

Hmm...

OK, Halflings, Goblins, and Hobgoblins are Little Ones, who are an addition to teams similar to Big Guys. So there are Goblins on the Orc Teams, Hobgoblins on the Chaos Team and Halflings on the Human Team for example.

I fusioned Chaos Dwarf and Chaos. The Reason is.... CHAOS.

The Teams are Good/Neutral/Evil, 2 Strength and 2 Agility each.

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Halflings, Goblins, and Hobgoblins are Little Ones, who are an addition to teams similar to Big Guys. So there are Goblins on the Orc Teams, Hobgoblins on the Chaos Team and Halflings on the Human Team for example.
To my mind, hobgobs are not really little ones (which mean if I understand well about balance they could have stunty trait)... for the rest, please see below.
I fusioned Chaos Dwarf and Chaos. The Reason is.... CHAOS.
The Teams are Good/Neutral/Evil, 2 Strength and 2 Agility each.
What it means exactly ? I would play in your league with 4 chaos warriors, 2 centaurs, 6 chaos dwarves, a minotaur, and last but not the least only 3 beastmen (or hobgobbos) ? Only asking for clarification!

You talked a lot about realism... But what about Chaos Dwarves background in warhammer world ? Please if I say a mistake, many thanks to tell it to me, but I was thinking hobgobbos are slaves in CD armies (and orcs too, if i remind it well). They never play in chaos armies (as units) ???

Toby

Post by Toby »

I never played warhammer.

I just wanted to do a concept of: Regular Players; Big Guys; Little Ones; Allied Players; Star Players;

For Chaos that worked out like This:

Regulars Players: Chaos Beastmen, Chaos Warriors
Regular Star Player: Chaos Champion

Allied Players: Chaos Dwarf Blockers
Allied Star Player: Blunderbuss

Little Ones: Hobgoblins
Little One Star Players: Pogo Stick, Chainsaw

Big Guys: Bull Centaurs, Minotaurs
Big Guy Star Players: Blackhoof, Unstoppable

I dont care about "realism" just general fantasy rules like dwarfes dont allie elves and such things ;) so i simply made 2 Goblins Hobgoblins so that not all 4 Stars are for the Orcs.

The Player numbers allowed are subject to balancing diskussions. Strength Teams are allowed 2 Big Guys, Agility Teams only one. Al teams may have 4 Little Ones. Each Star is unique, only one of each type. Stars Take Position Slots normally.

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Toby wrote:I just wanted to do a concept of: Regular Players; Big Guys; Little Ones; Allied Players; Star Players;

For Chaos that worked out like This:
Regulars Players: Chaos Beastmen, Chaos Warriors
Regular Star Player: Chaos Champion
Allied Players: Chaos Dwarf Blockers
Allied Star Player: Blunderbuss
Little Ones: Hobgoblins
Little One Star Players: Pogo Stick, Chainsaw
Big Guys: Bull Centaurs, Minotaurs
Big Guy Star Players: Blackhoof, Unstoppable

The Player numbers allowed are subject to balancing diskussions. Strength Teams are allowed 2 Big Guys, Agility Teams only one. Al teams may have 4 Little Ones. Each Star is unique, only one of each type. Stars Take Position Slots normally.
Ouch !!! I guess you will have a lot of replies here... Why 2 BG for strength teams ? Aren't they not enough powerful ? Weakest teams have 2 Big Guys, but strength teams !!!

A team may have 1 Minotaur, 1 Centaur, or maybe Grashnak and Hrtack (ie if Having Hrtack makes impossible having a rookie centaur, which isn't BTW a big Guy in 2K1 rules...) 4 chaos warriors, maybe Lord Borak (same remark), 4 hobgolbelins (or 2 hobgobs and a chainsaw and a pogostick...), 1 chaos dwarf or more, and some beastmen...

I'm not sure (I don't say you're wrong, only "I'm not sure") it's a good idea to sort teams like this... Something to see with Order (or equality)between evil/good/neutral, instead of balance... to my mind, you make a confusion between twice. but it's just a personal point of view.

Toby

Post by Toby »

Hmm, you only know a little piece of it now...

2 Big Guys for "Strength Teams"
= for Human, Dwarf, Undead, Chaos, Norse, Orc

The Idea is, when playing a league at some Point every Team will have 1 Big Guy. Allowing "Strength Teams" 2 is to make sure that they can always be superior in Strength.

A Wood Elf Team can have a Rookie Treeman or Deeproot Strongbranch.
A human Team can have Rookie Barbarians and or Ogres, Morg AND Thrud. So the Woods can keep up to the Humans if they are trimmed for strength, but only to some point.

French Coach if you are intereste i will email you the rosters, i am open to suggestions when you have seen all 12 Teams.

please understand that you start with 1000K gold only, so maybe sometime in the future when you really really play well you can afford all the players you want... and Star Players charge Apearance Fees, but not so much, 10K-70K depending on their Title.