New Team Roster: something generally wrong

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

The Chefs and the Alchemist are the exceptions ... good chance that the Chef will become free and permanent and the Alchemist will be changed to some worth 50k in October. Odds are the sheet reflects the idea that these changes are coming.

The idea is that the team sheet shows your team for that match, so you'd write in on your roster so your opponent could tell what your team was. Freebooters would be written on the roster in the player section. Full disclosure on the sheet basically.

Galak

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Zy-Nox wrote:Just one question.
Why?
Why should they be moved?
And wheres this roster?
I make that 3 questions! :P

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Deathwing wrote:
I make that 3 questions! :P
MMMMMM :oops:

neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

Toby wrote:Galak, why the heck should i write a HIRED Wizard in my Team roster ? and recalculate my TCOT if the Guy vanishes right after the Game, and therefore doesnt affect the ROSTER at all ?

I mean, theres no line for Halfling Master Chefs neither, or Dwarfen Alchemists. is there ?

Either you write everybody participating in the Game on the Sheet, adding their COST, or you simply pay the hire fee and dont change the roster at all.

Assuming you are wright about Treasury & Team Rating, the Wizardline must be deleted completely.
Toby, when you freeboot a lineman, do you record him on your roster?

Toby

Post by Toby »

Why should I ?

The Guy gets a number assinged, and Basic Player Stats are somewhat common Knowledge, no need to look them up.

I mean why should I record anything the guy does ? He's gone anyways after the Game. I dont get the clue about messing with the roster for no use. I like a nice clean - written Roster ^^.

This would Change if the Rules got the long needed addition that you can BUY the guy after the game if he performed well.

Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

Why should I freeboot a player and want to buy him afterwards?? Even if he performed well?? :o :o

IMO I will freeboot him (cause I can't buy him) or buy him imidately without paying exta money in the end.

Sputnik

High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

Toby wrote:Why should I ?

The Guy gets a number assinged, and Basic Player Stats are somewhat common Knowledge, no need to look them up.

I mean why should I record anything the guy does ? He's gone anyways after the Game. I dont get the clue about messing with the roster for no use. I like a nice clean - written Roster ^^.
That's probably where the confusion comes with when your TR is calculated and how that would appear to affect your TR if you freeboot.

The rules of accounting say that money in and money out has to add to zero. So your TR is 150 after your game. In your next game you freeboot a LM for 25k. Your cash goes down by 25k and your player roster goes up by 25k, for a net change of zero.

But if you freeboot alot, your sheet could get pretty messy with eraser marks. Good thing my league uses excel to keep all our records. :wink:

Toby

Post by Toby »

Sputnik what if the guy scores 2 Touchdowns and a MVP ?

btw a freebooter ad 90.000 to the Team Roster, even if he plays just one Games.

Theres a Difference between COST and APPEARANCE FEE.

These new Rules are simply not completely thought trough.

High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

Theres a Difference between COST and APPEARANCE FEE.

These new Rules are simply not completely thought trough.
The listed player costs, IMO, are just an unfortunate carryover from the old rules. The text and tables should probably be revised to state that star players can only be freebooted and the only listed cost should be their freebooting fee.

Then in some footnote or section at the back on alternative rules, it can state that for leagues who want to be able to hire Morg and other stars full-time, the designers recommend charging twice the appearance fee as the purchase cost. Kind of backwards that the only listed price in the rulebook is a price which is now the exception and not the rule.
btw a freebooter ad 90.000 to the Team Roster, even if he plays just one Games
As for freebooting regular players, since you can only calculate TR at the end of a game, no freebooter would ever have an effect on TR. If I freeboot a human lineman for 25k, my TR stays exactly the same. It doesn't go up by 2.5 just because the player's purchase price is 50k.

BUT, because I freebooted him, at the end of the game when I'm recalculating my TR, it will now be 2.5 less, since I no longer have him on my roster nor do I have the 25k in gold anymore.

neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

Toby wrote:These new Rules are simply not completely thought trough.
Do you ever have anything nice to say? :-)

The rules are fine, you're making assumption based on the way you like your roster.

John -

Toby

Post by Toby »

Neo, the NEW rules (freebooting) are not COMPLETELY thought through.

The LRB is not that bad :D

However, the freebooting thing demmands Wizards to be SCRATCHED from the roster design. Its not logicall to include them.

When you hire a Wiz, reduce treasury and take the model to your dougout. Everything else is unnneccesary and confusing.

(I personaly thing that the complete freebooting BS sucks completely)

neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

Toby wrote:Neo, the NEW rules (freebooting) are not COMPLETELY thought through.

The LRB is not that bad :D

However, the freebooting thing demmands Wizards to be SCRATCHED from the roster design. Its not logicall to include them.

When you hire a Wiz, reduce treasury and take the model to your dougout. Everything else is unnneccesary and confusing.

(I personaly thing that the complete freebooting BS sucks completely)
Free booted players and coaches are included in the TR, so if you reduce your treasury and don't have them on your roster, then your TR would be off. They are on the roster for that game, a roster is a list of player playing the current game... so if you have a wizard or just hire on some freebooters, then they need to be on the roster.

The roster should be change to reflect the new rules.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Toby ... NEW???

Freebooting has been around since 3rd was published.

Yes, Freebooting Stars and Wizards is new, but why is the concept so difficult for you to understand that you call it BS. I seem pretty simple to me.

Whatever I pay for the player, star, or wizard is the exact amount that it affects my TR. My roster is a listing of the team for the current match so a line should be there for each item for that match.

Straightforward and complete to me.

Galak

Toby

Post by Toby »

I dont like Freebooting Starplayers cuz Griff is the Heart of my Team. ^^
I bought the Guy, he has to PLAY for me ^^. Thats why the new rules suck for me. ;)

Again Galak, when you are right about how Freebooting is handled, as "a matter of treasury only" then ITS D*** STUPID TO RECALCULATE THE TOTAL COST OF TEAM and change the roster for a Freebooter.

I suggest anybody who comments should at least download that exel sheet, its not so difficult to get the point, really. Some never even looked at the downloadable material but comment as if...

So,
It would be WAY COOLER to play as i suggested, calculating team rating before the match, after hiring Freepooters. And Freebooters contribute their COST, not APEARANCE FEE. That would make the Handicap Table much more interessting since it DOES MAKE a difference if Griff is on my Team or not. Therfore Team Rating with Griff must go UP.

High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

Toby wrote:So,
It would be WAY COOLER to play as i suggested, calculating team rating before the match, after hiring Freepooters. And Freebooters contribute their COST, not APEARANCE FEE.
But now I'm confused. In order to calculate your team rating before the match including the costs you used to have to spend to hire a star player full-time, that means you would have to write these people onto your rosters. But you said before you didn't even want to put freebooters on the roster:
By calculating TR only at the end of a game, this means that any freebooters will not affect team rating, so there is no need to write them on a roster if your goal is just to minimize paper-pushing before a match.

Are you more concerned with the hassle associated with fiddling with a printed roster when freebooting and trying to eliminate that mess or are you more concerned that a freebooter should be recorded on the roster for that game at his full cost in order to fully affect team rating and hence the handicap table?

Although I do have to laugh that the "revised" bloodbowl rosta sheets say I can freeboot a 'asstitant coach' for 50k. Now we need rules for those, too.