My new Lizardmen team

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Pantera
Experienced
Experienced

My new Lizardmen team

Post by Pantera »

I'm planning to play Lizardmen in the next BB league here in Sweden were I live.

Right now I'm thinking of the creation. We will use BB with Living Rulebook 1.2 or later (i.e. BB Rules Review 2001).

For 1 mill I can get:

5 Saurus, 6 Skinks, 3 RR, 6 FF, No Apotechary
or
4 Saurus, 7 Skinks, 3 RR, 8 FF
or
change to one lesser Reroll and get 60K more to play around with.

I was thinking of going for 3 RR at start, because it would help the skilless team somewhat. But without apotechary and 11 players, it could hurt me in the next game (expecially if I play against some hardhitting team).

But going for only 2 RR would allow me good FF and many Saurus and maybe even 12 players. Any suggestions from people who have played Lizardmen? (We wont be using allies)

Reason: ''
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

5 Saurus, 6 Skinks, 3 RR, 6 FF, No Apotechary
Lose 1 rr, i know it sucks, get an apoth. U want as many sauri as possible they advance slowly.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

5 Sauri, 6 skinks, apoth, 2 RR, 7FF sounds fine, though seeing as I'm not one of these people who goes nuts about FF at the start I'd drop that down a bit and grab an extra Skink.

Var i Sverige är du? Finns ganska många folk från Sverige på TBB.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Pantera
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pantera »

Thadrin wrote:5 Sauri, 6 skinks, apoth, 2 RR, 7FF sounds fine, though seeing as I'm not one of these people who goes nuts about FF at the start I'd drop that down a bit and grab an extra Skink.

Var i Sverige är du? Finns ganska många folk från Sverige på TBB.
I'm from Södertälje south of Stockholm. Cool to hear that there are many Swedes here.
...secret transmission begins...
The invasion has begun!
...secret transmission ends...

Regarding the team I will go for the 2RR advice. I mean if you only roll 6's you wont need any RR. Hehehe. In my BB league we use to say that a 3+ roll has about 10% chance of success. I mean its impossible to pick up the ball with less than 4 in AG.
;)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Inte alls långt ifrån mig då. Känna du till Telge Truckers?

Pantera
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pantera »

Thadrin wrote:Inte alls långt ifrån mig då. Känna du till Telge Truckers?
Japp, med Wande och gänget.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Øder tis moodle in der noggin tu smacken der ouchey und vinger-slingers ur to smacken-backen und fix de morkin, yøobetcha!

Does this mean:
1) The colored noodle that you used to smack my head really hurt and I'm thinking of smacking you back to fix that, you betcha!
2) Other than this brain in my head, I have no other tools to take the grapes off the vine and smash them up!
3)I want to fix the head of the turkey that I smacked this morning, oh yes I do!
4)The lump on my head this morning hurts, and I didn't even have fun last night!

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
TiMuN
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by TiMuN »

Estoy contigo, Deathwing (I'm with you, Deathwing)

Should we remove Personal Messages here, or shouldn't we?

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

Wow...been so long since I started up a lizardman team as rookies. Despite my fortune of winning BB res with a lineup that had 4 skinks, 6 saurus' and a Krox (but no apoth as you really didnt need em), I find that nowadays that I play best with 5 skinks and 6 saurus (or 5 saurus' and a Krox).

I would go for 6 Saurus, 5 Skinks, Apoth, 2 RR and FF 5. But hey...lizardmen are sooo good you could just buy 12 skinks... :D

Simon

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
Pantera
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pantera »

Deathwing wrote:Image
Hahaha. I get the hint.
;)

Pantera
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pantera »

Venomous Breath wrote:I would go for 6 Saurus, 5 Skinks, Apoth, 2 RR and FF 5. But hey...lizardmen are sooo good you could just buy 12 skinks... :D
Simon
Good choice, I think I will try that one because I was thinking along the same line now. I thought of going without a Apothecary in the first game, but you never now what can happen.

When I played my first game in the current league, my Skaven had an Apoth. When my Storm Vermin got a bad SI in the end of first half, I used the Apoth and saved him. But then I got two players killed in the second half! DOH!
:)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Serves you right for playing Skaven doesn't it?
Should play something with a bit of staying power instead...like....oooh....Dwarfs maybe ;) !

oh...Deathwing är bara lite avundsjuk eftersom han kan inte förstår vad det är som vi skriva på svenska. Jag har upptäckt att det är jätte kul och användbär att har en lite "hemlig språk" när jag är hemma i Storbrittanien. Och om du är intresserade ska Truckers kommer till Uppsala för att möta mitt lag nu på söndag.

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

a bit of staying power
So thats what it means when a whole team just stays in one place cus their movement is abysmal across the board.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Thadrin wrote: oh...Deathwing är bara lite avundsjuk eftersom han kan inte förstår vad det är som vi skriva på svenska. Jag har upptäckt att det är jätte kul och användbär att har en lite "hemlig språk" när jag är hemma i Storbrittanien. Och om du är intresserade ska Truckers kommer till Uppsala för att möta mitt lag nu på söndag.
Jealous? Me? :P
As for secret, translation sites are pretty common and easily accessible! :wink:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Damn....didn't think of that (Cheat...)
Be interesting to see what one of those sites made of the grammatical train wreck that is my written Swedish.

Staying Power vb.
What Skaven teams get after meeting Dwarf teams. Parts of the stay on the pitch while the survbiving parts limp home.