OWWF! Old World Wrestling Federation, a Blood Bowl Spin Off

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mad Makz
Rookie
Rookie

OWWF! Old World Wrestling Federation, a Blood Bowl Spin Off

Post by Mad Makz »

I was given the idea to create a 'wrestling' game for Warhammer a while ago. The idea was a quick game which had the brutality of the warhammer world, with the over the top, comic side of American wrestling.

After much pondering I figured one way to make it popular was for it to be a side game for an existing game. That way you could 'port' characters into the Wrestling ring from somewhere else, say Quest, Mordheim, warhammer etc. After a couple of trials in making rules to include all of the normal Warhammeresque stats, it became obvious the game would be too complicated.

So I suddenly 'clicked' and decided to turn to the Obvious choice. Blood Bowl. The game makes a wacky sort of sense in the Blood Bowl universe, what with Cabal vision etc, and with the simpler stats and choice of skills, creating a Wrestling game seemed a silly, but logical progression.

Anyway, after struggling with a few aborted attempts, I now finally have a BASIC concept for the game mechanic that I feel might work, based upon a silly but quick and fun little board game called 'Sumo'. Anyway, if there's any interest i'll outline the basic idea of the mechanics and see if we can't evolve a stupid idea into a functioning game. :)

Reason: ''
Mad Makz

Proud member of the City Guard

http://go.to/cityguard/
Dragonman
Rookie
Rookie

sounds good

Post by Dragonman »

Sounds like quite an interesting idea, i'd like to see how that is done and set about.
Lets Bring new entertainment to the cable vision!

neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

Did you get this idea from Blood Bowl Central? I remember talking with the owner and another guy over there about it at Fanaticon a couple of years ago.

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Hey it could be just like Wrasslin'! Anyone else played that, it's a favourite of mine (neo I know you have!).

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
lanky316
Experienced
Experienced

Post by lanky316 »

I remember a post like this on the games workshop boards ages ago. I wondered what had happened to it!

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Will it be carefully choreographed?
The popularity of WWF baffles me, always has. :-?

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
lanky316
Experienced
Experienced

Post by lanky316 »

Deathwing wrote:Will it be carefully choreographed?
Hmm, you could have an injury table for things going wrong!

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Sorry folks but the WWF is a loud of rubbish, how anyone can watch that fake farce I don't know. BB is a damn sight more real than that! DD.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

DeputyDawg wrote:Sorry folks but the WWF is a loud of rubbish, how anyone can watch that fake farce I don't know. BB is a damn sight more real than that! DD.
It's a soap opera. That's all.

Mad Makz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mad Makz »

Firstly, Wrestling isn't carefully choreographed, most of the moves the wrestlers come up with on the matt (when in a corner or on the matt etc they whisper the upcoming moves to their opponent.). I am not a big wrestling fan, but I appreciate what they can do to keep a crowd entertained.

It's actually quite an impressive theatrical spectacle from that point of view.

Secondly, that was probably my post on the G.W board ages back. I just stopped going to those boards (found them too unwieldy).

Anyway, the REASON to create a wrestling game for Blood Bowl is because it's FUNNY. A Parody of wrestling, set in our favourite hobby system. Plus one of the players in my league has an entire Human team modelled and painted after old school WWF Wrestlers (using mordhei miniatures and the new Marauders mostly), so it'll please him no end.

Mad Makz

Proud member of the City Guard

http://go.to/cityguard/