Some "new" Ideas

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Relborn wrote:McDeath :
If dislike and animosity are ruled in re allies then it would almost defeat of picking an ally for the roster with those negatives imposed. Imagine taking on a Dark Elf thrower who won't pass to anyone????
How could you come to such a solution ? As far as I can remember I haven't mentioned my mechanics concerning dislike and animosity. As far as I can say, that the 2nd Edition had such rules and they worked just fine.
The wholepoint of someone wanting to take allies are basically to fill in where their team and therefore their own gameplay are weak. With regards The 2nd edition Animosity / Dislike rules. You say they work fine. IMO they don't. why would a coach hire a player who there is a certainty that at some point in fact a fair few times in the game he wont pass hand off or interact with oither members of the team. If the guy aint gonna play ball with your team then lets face it you aint gonna hire him

[/quote]Why would you restrict for example an Undead team by having no Throwers in their team, when they can come by this problem by simple add an ally of another race of this position.
[/quote]

The very answer to that question is in the question itself , they "can overcome this problem by simple add an ally of another race in this position". If thats the case why play with undead. Simply play Elves.
or even better create a whole new roster with Elf Throwers, Gutter Runners, Human Blitzers. etc etc etc.

Why should you want to restrict the development of your own team, by hampering it by introducing someone who is going to do more than their share of the work and break the mechanics of the game by making over half you rteam redundant

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

with regards to the undead question, we have housed that any player you kill can be raised with his skills intact, so answer is obvious adopt similar rule and go out and kill and Elf Thrower, of course then you have to convert a zombie/skellie elf thrower.

I know that this just works for undead but it is a good idea. We got the base for this from Galaks MBBL2 rules. That site is a treasure trove.

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

voyagers_uk wrote:with regards to the undead question, we have housed that any player you kill can be raised with his skills intact, so answer is obvious adopt similar rule and go out and kill and Elf Thrower, of course then you have to convert a zombie/skellie elf thrower.

I know that this just works for undead but it is a good idea. We got the base for this from Galaks MBBL2 rules. That site is a treasure trove.
Exactly, with the point being that his MA is reduced by 2, and his AG by 1.

Although a simple double roll on a ghoul, give him pass and you've got an even better thrower., and on your second roll Sure Hands.

Note: No Ally used in the above

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Or do what I did, an get AG+1 on your first roll, Pass on your second, and AG+1 on your third. Yum, a really nice ghoul thrower. :D

You need to be a bit careful if McDeth's chaos dwarves go foul crazy, however, and leave the ghoul off the pitch to keep him safe. :o

Martyn