Tablets of clay and the BBRC ;)

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Tablets of clay and the BBRC ;)

Post by Mestari »

A remark like:

"I don't like how the BBRC can make something up without any significant playtesting, instantly gain support, and then tell anyone who doesn't like that they should take their own time playtesting the rule just so they can say with better authority that the original rule didn't need changing in the first place."

And an another one claiming that although the BBRC aren't yes-men to JJ, they seem to be yes-men for Chet
have forced me to step in to defend the BBRC and their holy mission.

Now that BBRC is an integral part of BB development, they naturally become holy prophets of Nuffle and thus can say something without playtesting if they wish. Or they playtest if they wish that playtesting should happen, in which case they might say "Let there be playtesting" and playtesting (in MBBL) would be.

Let me quote just to convince those of you who have not yet truly understood the nature of JJ and the BBRC!
The following quote is from holy prophet of Nuffle, JJ, from a holy scripture of celestial origin, the BB Compendium II (page 1), that has been one guiding beacon of light for me over several years! Unfortunately I've read the book so much that it has worn a bit, so the text is not completely clear...
*'s mark parts of text that have become unreadable:

"In effect******** the Blood Bowl rules are ****ho*** rules* - they are ************************ belie** handed to me on tablets of stone on a mountain-top"

My interpretation:
Second smudgy part should probably say: ...Bowl rules are holy rules", and the third longer part is most likely: "as you all should believe"
)

It would be natural to assume that the BBRC rules suggestions are also handed in a similar fashion, although to preserve the position of supreme-high-priest-and-prophet JJ, the more probable situation is that Chet and others get their suggestions on tablets of clay on a hill-top, or if no hills are available, while standing on a chair or a similar object slightly elevated from the ground.

:wink:

Humour disclaimer: This message is intended to be humorous! It should make everyone laugh! If you feel angered or hurt, then you're stupid - in which case please refrain from commenting.

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Actually, I just drink and stare off into space. The rules become so much clearer then!

And I resent the stance that hurt, angry, stupid people have to shut their mouths ;)

-Chet

P.S. Truth be told, I, like Teemu, had to wonder a bit at some of those comments. I mean, it's pretty obvious that a lot of coaches see a lot of merit in many of the recently proposed changes. And the idea that the BBRC are all yes-men to me - well, that's the sort of comment that could be made only by someone who didn't know what he was talking about. (John will be the first to tell you that this Just Ain't So.)

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

I think y'all are doin a fine job. I just think you should relax a bit and let the current rules stand for awhile. Just sit back and have a beer and watch what happens. Make up some silly stuff like stadiums, magic items and halfling chefs. Leave the core alone and let it pulse for awhile.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

John will be the first to tell you that this Just Ain't So.
It's true, I've been around both of them at the same time. ;)

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

Acerak wrote:(John will be the first to tell you that this Just Ain't So.)
It Just Ain't So. :-?

neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

Anthony_TBBF wrote: It's true, I've been around both of them at the same time. ;)
I hadn't realized that was true. You're one of the few people who's not a BBRC member that heard us argue rules. Can you ever forgive us?? :oops:

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I wish it were so that all the bbrc are yes men to chet, then i would only have to bespell one person to enact the Sean's Win rule.
Sean's Win Rule:
At the end of every game any coach named "Sean" automatically gains 2d6 extra winnings, d6 mvp's, and d6+2 random player touchdowns (which do change the score of the game).

This rule is also meant as a joke, if your offended, loosen up.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

If you change that to any version of the name Sean (Jon, Jack, or John for example) then I'm all for it! :smoking:

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

sean newboy wrote: Sean's Win Rule:
Shouldn't this be like one square in the MAD boardgame. It had a square where it says something like: "if today's your birthday and your name is [insert a ridiculous name here] you receive the 1,468,315 dollar note"

So we could have a similar one:

We should devise a completely hilarious name, a one that probably no-one has... hmm... maybe something like John Kipling Lewis or Chester Zeshonski, I bet there's no-one with a name like either of those.

MAD BB rule:

Check at the end of the game: If your name is "Chester Zeshonski" your Big Guys lose their negative skills, MB and their position name changes to Modest Big Guy.
If however, your name is John Kipling Lewis, you automatically gain 2d6 extra winnings, d6 mvp's, and d6+2 random player touchdowns (which do change the score of the game).

:wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

Mestari wrote: We should devise a completely hilarious name, a one that probably no-one has... hmm... maybe something like John Kipling Lewis or Chester Zeshonski, I bet there's no-one with a name like either of those.
To be honest, Chet doesn't need the help, but I'd be happy for the assistance.

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

We should devise a completely hilarious name, a one that probably no-one has... hmm... maybe something like John Kipling Lewis or Chester Zeshonski, I bet there's no-one with a name like either of those.

Are you kidding? My father has the same name. So did his father. So does a cousin or two, I think :)

-Chet

P.S. If I have a son, he won't have that name. Just for those of you keeping score at home.