best team-mate throwers

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

gigatron
Rookie
Rookie

best team-mate throwers

Post by gigatron »

Well, if I'm not wrong, a Big Guy's ability to Throw Team-Mates relies only on his AG (It's treated as a pass). This means that the Rat-Ogre is the best Team-mate thrower, followed by Ogre and Minotaur. Treemen and Trolls are the worst.

I don't think this is fair, as I can imagine good Treeman or Troll Throwers, while in my opinion Minotaurs or Rat-Ogres, being the wildest beasts, should be awful throwers! And this rule could lead to Goblin teams that want to play 'Throwing Team-mate tactics' to hire Rat-Ogre allies instead of using Trolls!

Is there any solution for this? I supose there is. If not, a very simple one is to consider all Big Guys having an AG of 2 or 3 when throwing team-mates.

Reason: ''
Furelli
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Furelli »

Rat Ogres cannot throw team-mates, they don't have the racial characteristic.

Furelli

Oh yeah, and goblins and halfling have to pay double for non troll or treemen big guys anyway (not that they can get them).

Am I living in a box? Am I living in a cardboard box?
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Furelli wrote:Rat Ogres cannot throw team-mates, they don't have the racial characteristic.
Even if they did, like Minotaurs there is no-one in the team with right stuff for them to throw anyway. ( Yet??)

Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vesticle »

They also have more rules than just agility. Big Guys that are always hungry will possibly eat the guy they're throwing, and other people might miss their turn. Treemen might miss the first half sometimes, but once on the field, they'll always do the action you tell them to.

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, my Ogre hasn't had the ability to take an action yet. It's sad really... :wink:

David

gigatron
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gigatron »

So, nobody uses Throwing Team-Mate tactics? I guess it's very difficult to have success! :-?

Thank you for your posts.

Furelli
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Furelli »

Throw team mate is brilliant for the Halfies and the Gobbos. It is a great way to get a one-turn touch down. For the Halfies it usually just comes down to 3 or 4 50/50 rolls. Gobbos have odds around the same but with a risk of being eaten. Fun tactic though.

Furelli.

gigatron
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gigatron »

I suppose you have to roll a missed throw (with an AG of 1 for Trolls & Treemen plus increasing the Range by one, making an accurate throw is a miracle - well, a 6) and be lucky with scattering and landing, right?

Furelli
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Furelli »

Luck doesn't really come into the scatter if you hand off to the player next to the big guy first - so he can move AFTER he has landed.

Furelli.

Xin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xin »

Oh yeah, and goblins and halfling have to pay double for non troll or treemen big guys anyway (not that they can get them).
Furelli where does it say that they have to pay double the cost for non-troll/treemen big guys? As far as I understand it that rule only apply to Star Players. It is mentioned no where in the big guy section of the LRRB.

Please correct me if Im wrong.

Xin

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

I cant see it in the Living rule Book either but it is in the original Deathzone book, under the Goblin & Halfling rule section, and has always been the case.

Xin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xin »

Oh that's why then.. I don't have the Deathzone book yet :D . Though one question, doesn't the LRB overwrite existing rules in the original box, including deathzone?

As I see it, either they've changed it for the LRB or forgot to mention it/sloppy writing.... or something.

Xin
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

My take on this..

Gobbos do have to pay double because there is half the chance of being eaten!

As far as I know though, there is no cost increment on Halfling/Ogre combos..

For me the most fun is Snots.. who cares if a Troll eats one, there's plenty more to go round! :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Hey Xin.....it was in the LRB or at least the annual.
And NORSE do remember the Snot team on the back of the Star player book from 2nd ed?. I need that troll with the Gimp mask :lol:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

Do you guys use TTM with only the gobbo or the gobbo and the ball??

Oh, I forgot the others like snots and halflings :oops:

Anyway, with or without thew ball?

For I frequently get into trouble with that landing somewhere upright... :cry:

Sputnik

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Sputnik wrote:Do you guys use TTM with only the gobbo or the gobbo and the ball??
With. If i desperately need a 1 Turn Touchdown.

Without. If I need to get a player in position to score next turn, or Blitzing the opposition thrower