Random Physical Traits (Mutations)

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Toby

Post by Toby »

I think you are right and the whole random idea is crap ;)

Except for cheerleaders :D

Reason: ''
Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

fair enogh, no random mutations!!

And GenoNBBL,
no, you are not the only one out there thinking that way... 8)

Sputnik

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Seems that many people don't like the idea of random mutations:

Please do remember that in the suggestion you could still opt to take a skill or a trait instead of the rolled mutation.

If you want to develop your team your way, then you must certainly oppose the category and trait restrictions also.

Personally, I prefer:
-Powerful, but random mutations,
while still having the possibility of opting to choose a trait/skill.

Also, pointing to the discussion concerning skill rolls, the amount of traits would increase, therefore creating a possible inbalance of allowing Chaos/skaven take too many mutations. Random mutations would prevent this.

My opinion. YMMV

YMMV

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

I think random mutations would be a cool thing.. However... The big thing that makes me tip over to the "no random mutations" side is that it would become more or less impossible to build a player to fit the super-cool-conversion or starplayer model coaches might have.

I'm sure alot of mutations are chosen just because the coach has a model for it. I know I would.

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Theres no way I want a Minotaur with two heads or long legs, He needs CLAW.
So I'd prefer to be able to choose my players mutations,
But if you were generating starplayers,for whatever reason then a random method would be fun.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

jap, the big advantage is to build a player as you want.

Chaos or skaven coaches won't go for a random mutation for a player gaining his third skill anymore when the double and the mutation might not fit to the players abilities and are therefore wasted...

and mutations are part of the whole fun :lol: :lol:

Sputnik

P.S.: I know it is a slighty different topic and someone posted something here already (somewhere where I didn't find it a minute ago), but why don't give the chaos dwarfs a position for mutations as well (back to the old days... :lol: )

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Several years ago (3ed) a friend & I developed a whole system where all skills were random. Basically you picked a category rolled up a few random skills (~3 per skill) and chose one of the skills.

It was an attempt to stop DP, Pro, Dodge and other nasty combos. It did work reasonably well, but since everyone used the same rules it was fair.

Ian

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Random Mutations: If you want to use such a thing, you might want to divide the mutations. One possibility? General, Strength, Agility mutations. A coach can pick one table and then roll. This means that your bruiser might end up with Spikes, Claw, RSC, Thick Skull, or something else. Etc. I had three such tables designed when the game had 15 mutations. It no longer applies.

Very Long Legs: If you don't want Gutter Runners to become so adept at 1TSs, change the ability description. Remove the bit about MA+1. Instead, VLL gives +1 to INT. In addition, an opposing player may not use the Safe Throw skill on any interceptions made by this player, as he's simply too tall to throw around! That cuts down on the 1TS ability, keeps the skill focused on INTs, and mirrors an existing skill matchup: Sure Hands vs Strip Ball.

-Chet

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Just to go against the flow for a change(!), I like the idea of random mutations as I think they are more in tune with the nature of the Chaos Gods. I would even throw in a negative mutation in there. Nothing against Chaos so don't bite my head off as some one else has done on another thread else where. Laters DD.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Acerak, such a system with table already exists and works very well in my experience. Check the Oberwald to see what i've come up with.