Change Stunty ?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Toby

Change Stunty ?

Post by Toby »

As far as i understand, Stunty has currently 3 effects:

A. dodge roll modifier is always +1
B. injury roll for the player +1
C. increase pass range by one category

I would like to see C scratched completely.
Since Strong Arm is now a trait, it is impossible for existing stunty players to ever gain, so they can never ever excell in throwing. That does the job and keeps little ones from getting every negative feature in the game, and people like me from having to remember another special rule.

For B, i think Galak came up with the suggestion to lower existing stunty players armour to 6 instead. I think that would be good, because it does the job of representing the fragility of the little fellows and at the same time keeps them a little bit more healthy. And again, i wouldn't have to remember another special rule.

Does someone agree ?

Reason: ''
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Re: Change Stunty ?

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Toby wrote:As far as i understand, Stunty has currently 3 effects:

A. dodge roll modifier is always +1
i.e. no TZ modifiers.
Toby wrote: B. injury roll for the player +1
C. increase pass range by one category

I would like to see C scratched completely.
Since Strong Arm is now a trait, it is impossible for existing stunty players to ever gain, so they can never ever excell in throwing. That does the job and keeps little ones from getting every negative feature in the game, and people like me from having to remember another special rule.
A gobbo or halfling with an ag increase (AG 4) is a pretty good thrower without the range penalty. It sort of balances out TTM. I never have that many problems remembering - but then I'm not playing lots of different races simultaneously.

Ian

Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

I think the +1 injury is going to be dropped and gobbos dumped to armour 6 to bring them in line cost wise with halflings.
Why should hey be good at throwing,?They have short arms! :wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Toby

Post by Toby »

what about strong arm beeing a trait, completely out of reach for stunty players;

under 3rd edition, a goblin could end up with 2 Doubles and Accurate, Strong Arm. Now, that is impossible. Doesnt that do the job ? I feel that a lot of things in the game have like what i would call "double impact".

To me, the +1 range from 3rd edition was aimed directly against strong arm on a goblin; Its just they never should be as excellent as a high elf, not that they completely suck in throwing. i mean hell, they suck anyway !

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I've never seen a Goblin with Strong Arm and Accurate. Ever. I doubt anyone else has, either.

Stunty players are simply too small to handle the ball properly. If you're a Stunty coach, you're well aware of this limitation, so it's easy to remember. It's a small penalty with a definite impact on the way these teams play. And it's one of the reasons they do struggle. If they were all AG3 with access to Agility skills, they'd pass as well as any other team with a TRR or the Pass skill. They aren't supposed to have that kind of aerial game. It's just a little weaker.

Removing the injury mod is still a possibility, but it's far from certain.

-Chet