Your Teams?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Zy-Nox wrote:
Sputnik wrote: Oh, and I love the Hats.

Sputnik
I guess I must be the only one who doesn't, I'm a stickler for the 2nd ed chaos dwarves,they look a lot harder, :evil:
I cut the hats off the pesky little things. They look a lot better without them.

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

But then they must look like having a plate on their hat?
or were beaten on their head by an ogre for too long... :(

Sputnik

Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vesticle »

I use Imperial Guard in 40k, and I would've taken the Human team here, but the MBBL already has 3, so I'm gonna wind up taking one of the elf teams. Not sure which one yet, they're all panzies. ;)

ImpGuard kind of fits my style in 40k... force made up of extremes, in a way. A lot of times I'll take either almost all armor, or all infantry, thus causing virtually half of my opponent's force to lose much of their effectiveness. He winds up either having bolter shells bounce off the front armor of a Lemun Russ, or having a big waste of points in a lascannon that's killing one imperial guardsman each turn... but I digress...

BB teams... I like humans, they're pretty versatile. Speed your catchers into their backfield if your opponent lines up too tight, pound them at the LOS if they line up too loose. Elves are ok, slow in the beginning though. And just as personal preference I don't trust single 2+ rolls, I always seem to be a good deal better off with a 3+ and a re-roll... That and so far in my games, my humans have gone the extra mile for me in effort, while the elves seem to be just going through the motions... oh well. =)

David

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

I first began playing with dark elves and used them for quite a while, but very inexpertly. My second team was chaos, which did very well, but what do you expect if you cheesily rely on Borak? I've also played a little while gobbos (this team played twice, drew with dwarves and then beat a wood elf team).

In Galak's PBEM leagues, I've played high elf, undead, and dark elf teams and have learnt a lot from playing some extremely good coaches.

Cheers,
Martyn

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

My first team were the undead, chosed solely on theme. Didn't have a clue if they were good or not :)

My next teams were chaos dwarfs, high elves and gobbos. I chose them as the local league I was playing in didn't have any of these teams (they were considered underpowered back then.. 3rd edition).

For my next team, I'm considering lizardmen or amazons.. We'll see. :)

My favourite? I don't really know.. All my current teams have their benefits.. I like undead for the team, chaos dwarves for allowing me to play the minotaur (no thank you. no chaos or norse for me), high elves for the fluff names ;) and gobbos for.. well.. being gobbos... If I have to pick, I think I'd go with the undead. Nothing like playing with your first-choice team.

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

In addition to the dwarfs:

*Nipponese (Orc rules) not yet painted
*Orc (40k + WFB conversions) half painted
*Orc (plastics plus some gobboes)
*Human (plastic) Painted
*Human (plastic) unpainted
*Undead mostly painted, not done the extra Ghouls and wights yet, but the team has extra zombies.
*Skaven (second ed.) hopefully will be stripping them this week, then repainting them.
*Halflings (2nd ed.)
*Norse partially painted. 16 players including an Ogre, and now a cheerleader/apoth model from Tulips2K2.
*Chaos (Warriors 2nd ed, need touching up on the paint jobs) plus plastic Beastmen (unpainted)
* I have some Snots lying around at home somewhere...

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
IronAge_Man
Veteran
Veteran

Post by IronAge_Man »

In 2e I had a mixed Dwarf/Human team (I'm quite sure now that it wasn't legit). In 3e I bought a Dwarf team, but due to the proliferation of huge Star Players in other teams, they often got out-gunned and out-paced. Plus I always seemed to want to pass the ball...in the end, the plastic Humans did best for me in those days.

Nowadays I'm a more disciplined Dwarf coach ('you want it? You'll have to knock us ALL down'), though I really would love to develop a passing game with them...why can't Dwarfs have 4 Blitzers like everyone else? It wouldn't make much difference to bashy Dwarf coaches (Norse advocates starting with no Blitzers), but would make that magical last-turn long-bomb winner a slender possibility... :cry:

Next team will be Humans: Av 8, quite fast and can have a Big Guy! Tactics will be an 'aggressive, mobile passing/running game'.
I'd also love to try a Vampire Counts team. When will they ever become official?

Dwarfs have always been my first choice race, ever since Gimli the Dwarf hewed the legs off an Orc standing on the tomb in Moria. (I've got a small Dwarf WHFB army that I've never used, and haven't painted. I'm saving that for my retirement!) For the same reason, I could never play with green-skins, even though Orcs look good.

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

I like skaven, wood elves, high elves, humans, dwarves, lizardmen, chaos, and have recently had some success with undead so I might buy a team so I don't have to keep borrowing Norse's

I'm also quite partial to goblins, orcs, darkelves, chaos dwarves, amazons, norse and halflings and have been known to coach the odd ogre team.

Makes picking a team each season a real bitch.

Marcus

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

I love all, but
i prefer: HE,Skaven,Goblins.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
IronAge_Man
Veteran
Veteran

Post by IronAge_Man »

Forget what I said about Humans, I just played a game with them. The changed hand-off rule, lack of Block or ag 4 means they can't hit, pass or run...the Ogre was good, but didn't make up for the other deficiencies in their game, and re-rolls didn't help much.

Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vesticle »

They have more block than a lot of teams (4 blitzers), and even without AG 4 they still have a lot of skilled players that gives them re-rolls for picking up the ball, passing, catching, and dodging. An 'out of the box' human catcher has a better chance to dodge than a high elf lion warrior, a human thrower has a better chance to pick the ball up than a high elf thrower...

Just to let you know. If you play as Dwarfs you're probably used to all your players having block... on a lot of teams you can't get more than 2, and even more likely, you can't *afford* more than 2.

Anyway...

Black Gobo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Black Gobo »

I have played Chaos and... errr... More Chaos!
Cause I'm a futched up kinda guy really
That and the fact that no-one else was playing them

We chew and spit you out
We laugh, you scream and shout
All flee, with fear you run
You'll know just where we come from
--- Damage Inc.
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

I like playig orcs (my league tema), but also humans. What I like in Orks is playing them in keys moments like an elf team with them (long bomb, ...): this unusual way often surprises my opponents, and what a laugh when I succed ! Playing humans is great, because you can be sure this team will still succed in playing with the weakness of the opponent team: play roughly when playing wood elves or skavens, playing fast when playing orks or chaos...

In the earliest ages of 3rd edition, I played a wood elves team... And if I can't remember if I had a favourite team with 2nd edition (weird but true... maybe dwarves), my favourite 1st edition one was slanns. Definitively.

EDIT: I'm not sure I will post more on this board (no, no, it doesn't suck ;) )..

I posted 666 times :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:lol: :lol:

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

The devil incarnate! My favourite 1st edition cards were DE and Undead, But I can't remember the colour of the DE cards. The Undead were yellow.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
IronAge_Man
Veteran
Veteran

Post by IronAge_Man »

Maybe I'm being hard on the Humans. It might just have been my appalling luck - my average armour roll for the game was around 4, and in a single turn I managed to go from dodging into the endzone with a catcher carrying the ball, to chasing a ball deep in my own half of the field, lying at the feet of two Chaos Dwarfs and a Minotaur, with NO intervention from my opponent. The catcher failed the dodge and the crowd threw the ball in TWICE (first time went off the side-lines straight from the end-zone, 'cause it scattered out of play)...as I said - unbelievably bad luck. Has anyone else suffered something like this?