Throw Team-mate and Always Hungry Questions

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

SkiJunkie
Veteran
Veteran

Throw Team-mate and Always Hungry Questions

Post by SkiJunkie »

Okay, I'm finding the descriptions in the LRB1.3 under always hungry a bit weird.

On a 2-6 the player squirms free and is played prone in a random square. It says "do not roll for injury". Then the next paragraph says "make an armor roll for any player the squirms free". Seems like it should say something like "do not roll for injury unless the player fails his armor roll". Anyway, just wanted to clarify that the player that squirms free does get an armor roll right?

Also, since big guys can't use team reroll, you can't re-roll the always hungry roll or the squirms free roll except with pro right?

What about when the player is eaten? Can an apothecary be used to save the player?

The throwers turn ends when he either eats the player, the player squirms free, or he throws the player correct?

Lastly, does this use the pass action for the turn?

Reason: ''
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Also, since big guys can't use team reroll, you can't re-roll the always hungry roll or the squirms free roll except with pro right?
I believe you could use leader as well.
The throwers turn ends when he either eats the player, the player squirms free, or he throws the player correct?
The throwers turn always end, no matter what happens.
Lastly, does this use the pass action for the turn?
Yes.

-- Christer, who needs to start a goblin team when this patch is released :)

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Toby

Post by Toby »

Throw Team mate is a PASS ?
Does that mean you can't throw a player and then pass him the Ball ?

???

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Toby wrote:Throw Team mate is a PASS ?
Does that mean you can't throw a player and then pass him the Ball ?

???
Correct, TTM is your Pass Action for the turn, so no you can't.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Toby

Post by Toby »

Since When ?

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

LRB 1.2: p23, first paragraph, line 4-5:
The monster must take a Pass action
Been like that ever since at least 3rd ed (page 24 of the rulebook).

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Toby

Post by Toby »

If its a Pass, then its a completition if the little one Lands on his feet, right ?

Dragoonkin
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dragoonkin »

I'd say no, because it's a replacement for the Pass action, not a Pass in and of itself. But that's just my opinion.

Toby

Post by Toby »

Well i think the action is worth a reward, and i think big guys should get SPPs.

Sidenote:
Since Ageing encourages retiering players, i think its a good thing to award more star player points.
(for example: Fouls, Throwing Team Mates, Pushed Back and Knocked Down into the Crowd)
I mean, retiering a player should be something where you have "one eye crying and one laughing".
Having more SPPs in the game would make it easier to retire injury plagued veterans.

Bevan
Veteran
Veteran

A completion must be caught

Post by Bevan »

To qualify as a completion a pass must be accurate and the ball must be caught. If noone catches the little fella then the pass doesn't qualify as a completion. :D

On the other hand, throwing an accurate pass and having the goblin land on his feet is at least as hard as throwing a completion so it's worth considering as a house rule.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I want to ask one thing on this subject, if the TTM action is fumbled and the player to be thrown fails his armour /injury roll and is a casualty is it a turnover if he wasn't holding the ball.

I know that it isn't if he fails his landing roll and stacks it, but what about the fumble, it doesn't say in the LRB and I just wondered as I am sure it will come up in the next game or so for me.