An Idea about linking Player Characteristics to Skills...

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Toby

An Idea about linking Player Characteristics to Skills...

Post by Toby »

I was wondering about the following...

Mighty Blow (Strength Skill)
Add +1 to any Armour or Injury rolls (not both) made by a player with this skill. This skill may not be used by players with a Strength of 2 or less. This may only be used to modify an Armour or Injury roll caused by a block. Mighty Blow may not be used to modify an Armour or Injury roll caused by a foul. This skill may not be used by players with a Strength of 2 or less. The strength score comes from the player’s position as it is written on the team roster, so a Goblin (St 2) can never use this skill, even if he gains St+1, and a Human Blitzer (St 3) can use the skill even if he later loses a point of Strength.

(Part A)
What about removing Mighty Blow from the List of availiable skills and traits. As soon as a Player reaches ST 5, he automatically gains the Mighty Blow skill as well.
(Part B)
When the Players Strength increases further to ST6, he is allowed to add +2 to his rolls, at ST7 even +3 and so on.

I came across this because for example Galak said "the Kroxigor should have Mighty Blow, he is ST5 and cost enough Money" and GenoNBBL said about a house rules Human Blocker "he shouldn't get Mighty Blow thats something for ST5 Players".

What do you think of the general idea that a certain Player Characteristics value "unlocks" a skill ?

Reason: ''
Dragoonkin
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dragoonkin »

Well, then you're getting a double-bonus. Not only Strength 5/6/7, but something else as well. So in reality it's two upgrades at once.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

NO. Don't like it at all...sorry. Remove the chance for players at ST3 - specifically thinking of Beastmen, Dwarfs of both flavours, Human and Orc Blitzers - to get Mighty Blow and you remove a serious part of those team's means of getting SPP. Choosing an instance I know...Dwarf Longbeards: Get those boys Mighty Blow and they start gaining SPPs far more rapidly. With MA4 and AG2 its rare that they'll score or complete a pass (though I do have one on my team with 2 TDs...) so Cas is their route to advancement.

What you suggest is another way of taking the Blood out of Blood Bowl. That is NOT a good thing.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.