Your Favorite Player

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

jollyork
Veteran
Veteran

Your Favorite Player

Post by jollyork »

Your favorite player on your favorite team has just earned his/her fourth skill. Tell me about him: name, race, team, position, skills (he's lucky enough to have rolled doubles as often as you like), playing style.

Here's mine:

Name: Orgrim Doorstoppa
Race: Orc
Position: Black Orc Blocker
Team: Redback Irongitz
Skills: Block, Guard, Stand Firm, Grab
Style: It's not so much that Doorstoppa is particularly skilled, but rather that the skills he has annoy the bejeezus out of opposing coaches. First he smashes someone - choosing where his victim ends up, then he helps a teamate smash someone, and finally, if an opponent is lucky enough to ge the drop on Orgrim, he just stands in place and takes it. He can make a sane coach break down in tears.

Reason: ''
www.OrdoFanaticus.com
dwarfrunner
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dwarfrunner »

This was from a previous team I had, but he was amazing. I loved playing with him.

Name: Edlrich Sidewinder
Race: Wood Elf
Team: The Fuzzy Leafs
Position: Wardancer
Skills: Side Step, Strip ball, Dauntless, +AG

This guy was the ultimate blitzer. No one was safe with him on the feild. He made coaches go nuts, since they couldn't stop him. And once the ball was loose, usually a TD for the Woodies would follow. Until on fateful game, when an entire Chaos (I literally mean the entire team, even the ball carrier was in on it) team beat on him until he was dead. After multiple attempts to knock him over.

fen
Legend
Legend

Post by fen »

Go on. I'll bite

Lily - Chaos Warrior
Block, +ST, Break Tackle, +ST, Tentacles

In a side distorted by +ST's (before retiring over half the squad had +ST) Lily lead the way in steroid based abuse. While never directly the most damaging player the combination of 6ST Break Tackle and Tentacles ment Lily went wherever he felt and kept players pinned in place for the rest of the team to beat on at their leisure.

Lily never stuck his head out anywhere risky and always moved in pack with the rest of the team. I believe he's now living his retirement out somewhere warm and occasionally promotes extra strength glue and Tentacle Toothpaste.

Jamie Fameflame
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jamie Fameflame »

Not mine, but since my mate (who was lucky enough to have him on his team), doesn't post here, I'll do it :wink:

Snottbutt Bonechewa, Black Orc Blocker.
+ST, +ST, Block.

After a very unsuccesfull first game (injured before the game started, thanks to some forgotten Dirty Trick), no-one had expected much from this Orc.

The first injury he sustained (see above) left him with a Niggling Injury, and this led to that his first game was match three of the season.
But lo and behold, the Black Orc managed an interception! And becacuse of this action, he gained two MVPs!

This led to him having 12 SPPs, and the lucky coach swiftly rolled two, 2!! "12" ! Indeed it was a night of steriod-abuse, as 4 of the 5 skill-rolls made ended up giving +ST!

After this, Snottbutt proved to be an invaluable, if a bit handicapped, key player on the Orc team...

[url=http://www.arosbb.dk/default.asp?p=tm&t=gre4]Aros Team - Great Danes[/url]
browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

Probably my favourite player, on my Human Team on FUMBBL

Jacob van Altdorf
7 3 4 8
Pass, Sure Hands, +MA, +AG, Block

On a Human team dedicated to the running game he made 8 TD in 11 games, which is alright for a thrower! his high MA and AG meant he could easily skip out and launch the ball to a catcher or two who had peeled away, and he only has 34SPP!

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

:pissed: Word of caution, if your player is still active, don't post their details here. :pissed:

Mine's on an old thread somewhere here, next game, he died.
Posted another one later, couple of games later, dead!
Posted a mates fave player (and league leader) somewhere (another forum I think), next game, dead.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

So all we have to do is post the name and statts of the opponents player you hate most and he'll die? :o

Cool, I'll have a look at the teams of our league right now! :lol:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Halbotz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Halbotz »

Kengarion - Dragon Warrior
8(7)/4/5/8 Block, +MA, Jump Up, +AG, Leap, +ST, -MA

Now we've reseted our league because of LRB 5

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

My favorite player from a team I had in 3rd ed was a wood elf catcher named Arwen. All my WE catchers are female, I think it's those gloves...

Anyway.

Arwen 8 2 6 8 Catch Dodge Passblock Leap Pro.

Yes she had a movement downgrade, and a magic helmet. The only part of her stat line that was stand WE catcher was the ST. She looks like she'd be an INT machine, but she only had 3. The reality was that people simply refused to throw passes when she was on the field, which was just fine by me. The was also never hit with a lightning bolt, despite several attempts, and also despite the fact that even with ag6, an average roll should have still gotten her.

The AG upgrades were the first 2 rolls, so I built the whole character around them. She was super-sweet.

Emerging Star

Post by skatingtortoise »

Elf Catcher

8/3/5/7 Catch, Nerves of Steel, +Ag, Pass Block, Leap

if i had the chance to give him a 4th skill, probs would have been dodge.

this guy won me my league with a breathtaking move, whereby i kick to opponents skaven (with obligatory OTS gutter runner), said catcher then leaps over said gutter runner, and intercepts a pass, then with a quick pass and 8 turns of hitty smashy, i roll in for the last turn TD, with my St4 blitzer, a fitting end to a phenominal season.

OgreStan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by OgreStan »

Name: Dipsy A.K.A "The Hulk"

Race: Goblin

Stats: 7/3/4/7

Skills: Right stuff, Dodge, Stunty, AG+, ST+, MA+, Jump up

This ball of flegm is the ultimate Gobbo, he's stronger, faster, agile and.........a pain in the butt to everyone he plays against!!!

Picture this, a Goblin that is ST 3, can pick up the ball and dodge on 2+, a goblin that can sail through the air and land on a 3+, and if that doesnt annoy you how about a goblin that can get back up after failing a landing to scoop up the ball and score a TD!?

If you cant picture all of this.........play me!

"Currently this Gobbo is still at large and undamaged in any way,

1,000,000 gold crowns for whoever can kill him on the Gridiron!"

The FREE Monthly Blood Bowl Magazine

www.endzonemagazine.com

"Stan" - Original BB short story writer
And somehow came 4th at the Monkey Bowl II
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Darkson wrote::pissed: Word of caution, if your player is still active, don't post their details here. :pissed:

Mine's on an old thread somewhere here, next game, he died.
Posted another one later, couple of games later, dead!
Posted a mates fave player (and league leader) somewhere (another forum I think), next game, dead.
Hmmm, i wonder.........

My favourite player:
Grumbledook 6 2 3 7
Stunty, Disturbing Presence, Dirty Player

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
clouds
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clouds »

Name: Nightcrawler
Race: Necro's
Position: Werewolf
Team: Haunted souls
Skills: Claws, Frenzy, Catch, Block, +MA, Dodge, +MA, +Str, MB
10 4 3 8

Style: This guy was THE man... always there to do the big play, making the TD's with his speed, sending people to the duggouts in two pieces (the old claws....) A one man show...until he dodged to his death on a double 1.... :lol:

MadLordAnarchy
Legend
Legend

Post by MadLordAnarchy »

My league's main guy has been Speedy McSpeedy, High Elf Catcher. Still the only player to go over 200 rushing yards in a season and did so in both the 2004 and 2005 seasons. A career total of 826 rushing yards to date. Hold's my league's all-time SPP record with 143 including posting a league season high in 2004 of 52. He's also the league's all time top scorer with 37 TDs. Speedy is second in my league's all-time tackling stats with 21. Despite having multiple aging related niggles, he's only ever missed two games and has 450 turns on the pitch.

[size=75][b][url=http://bbowl.pendragonknights.co.uk]AD Blood Bowl[/url]
[url=http://adcorppublishing.co.uk]Publisher[/url]
[/b][/size]
War-Child
Experienced
Experienced

Post by War-Child »

My fav has to be from my old 3rd Ed Halfling Team, The Knee High Knicks.

Probably the most feral and vicious bunch of half pints I've ever seen. Led by their leader Meriadoc the Murderer [5/2/4/7; Dodge/Stunty/Right Stuff/Block/Dauntless/Mighty Blow] who gained his nom de guerre after killing 4 undead in one game (including a mummy).

[b][size=75]Sometimes the faster it gets, the less you need to know
But you've gotta remember the smarter it gets, the further it's going to go[/size][/b]