Your Favorite Player

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

That's right. Anything that keeps the playing field more level and teams more evenly matched I think is a good thing. OSPA did it and eliminating stat increases would do it too.

I've got nothing against people liking their players or bragging about how good of a combo they came up with. What I've always noticed though is that every single braggable player has had at least one if not multiple Stat increases. I don't like them. I think they detract from the game. I'd like to see them eliminated or at least harder to get like a d6 roll and you get to choose the stat increase on a 6!

Reason: ''
Have fun!
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Glorian Underhill wrote: My brother was no help. He said:

"Blood Bowl is not an RPG, it is an strategy game. Dont give the peasons names, you will only miss them."
Manuel, it seems, is clearly a smart guy.

TFF mod team
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

Although he might be missing out on a bit of the the fun of the whole BB thing, rather than just the game. As a wise old Dwarf once said...

"It is better to have whacked a troll in the knackers and lost, than to have never whacked a troll in the knackers at all".

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

Not the best, but one of my favorites was good ol' Eddie da Eegul, star goblin on one of my Orc teams.

6 2 3 7 right stuff, stunty, dodge, catch, sidestep, sprint. 11 TDS and 3 MVPs over a career that spanned a season and a half.

Eddie was a ground breaker. The first goblin to play in the league. The first to take flight. No one really knows what hole he crawled out of, or where he learned to hold (and not eat) a football. The club doesn't even really know when he showed up on the practice field. But he could play. They would come from miles to see Eddie play.

He showed promise in his early days, managing to earn a few points by "puttin da zoggin fing over da line." And they cheered. Eventually, Eddie, with his quick feet, learned to catch. They cheered louder. He put more "zoggin fings" over the line. Rumors persist, to this day, he took dancing lessons. Vicious rumors and bald face lies insist it was because Eddie liked the "perty" clothes. Eddie's only quote was that dancing helped him "keep im nutterz" away. Unfortunately for Spike Magazine's scribes, Eddie never really finished a coherent thought. But the paying fanatic came to see on thing from eddie. The "Chukka".
Everyone in the stands knew the "Chukka" was coming. They would rise, in unison, whether friend or foe, and it would start.....

"eddie....Edddie...EDDiee....EDDIe" until the crowd reached fever pitch and conclude with it's tumultuos crescendo of "EDDIE!!!!" as the li'l goblinoid flew.

As with many famous heroes of the arena, it ends all too soon. Eddie, thanks to his Troll teammate and road trip roommate Zagg, became a pile of poo.

NUFFLE SUCKS!
LQ says " I may be slow, but the sh*ttiness of this beer hasn't hit me yet."

I twist nuffle's teat and laugh.
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

lawquoter wrote:Eddie, thanks to his Troll teammate and road trip roommate Zagg, became a pile of poo.
Both of my AG4 Gobbos on Da Smarteez (goblins) went the same way in consecutive matches :wink: :cry: :cry:

lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

It was a fitting end. Anyone can go out by getting a boot to the head. Who gets eaten? Apparently, eddie. :lol:

NUFFLE SUCKS!
LQ says " I may be slow, but the sh*ttiness of this beer hasn't hit me yet."

I twist nuffle's teat and laugh.
OgreStan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by OgreStan »

You have to admit that when playing against these "monster" players

there is nothing better than seeing the look of despair on your opponents

face as he watches his best player for his team die!! :lol:

The FREE Monthly Blood Bowl Magazine

www.endzonemagazine.com

"Stan" - Original BB short story writer
And somehow came 4th at the Monkey Bowl II
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is OSPA?

Over Sized Player Association?

Order of the Stupid Pass Action?

"In Dodge We Trust"
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

One Skill Per Action- each player was only allowed to use one of their skills for any action. Are you a Blodger? Declared a Blitz? If you failed a Dodge getting there and needed to use your Dodge-RR en route, you couldn't use Block anymore because you had already used one skill for that action. Imagine the straegy levels that caused.

Whiners didn't like it because their Wardancers couldn't leap anf then use their Strip Ball or whatever, like that takes any planning... :roll:

Have fun!
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

OSPA was a very interesting idea. Shame we didn't get a chance to test it out for an extended period.

I'm not a huge fan of stat increases myself, though I have had a few monsters in my time (AG5 Orc Blitzer etc.). Hopefully the increased cost in TV will make them dominate less in 5.0. We'll see.

Btw, I think the root of problem with stat increases is not that they exist, but that the scale for BB stats is so steep. In an advanced version of BB with D100 stats they would be superb.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Joemanji wrote: I think the root of problem with stat increases is not that they exist, but that the scale for BB stats is so steep.
I thinks that's true.

Have fun!
fen
Legend
Legend

Post by fen »

Even stats that scale from 1-10 would be better, right now we have 2 stats that scale 1-10 and 2 that scale 1-6 (well you can get 7s, 8s and 9s with Deathrollers/Treemen. But they're more of an exception, and anything above a 7 has massive diminishing returns.)

Still, short of a rebuild of the game, it's difficult to change how important each point of Strength is to blocking. Every point from 1 to 7 is a significant break point.

At least with agility there are less significant break points between 1 to 2 and 4 to 6.

Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

A break from the norm would be a mates greatest player, the one from his team we all remember in the league. He was a Gutter Runner called Queek, and he had a strength of 1. Never stopped him suicide blitzing, it didn't stop him being player of the year for one of our seasons. He hardly ever got slapped either (not for the want of trying :pissed: ). He was skilled up to the eyeballs, but had a stat decrease and was easily his favourite player.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

In memory of the Greatest DJ Ever!!! My current Werewolf: WOLFMAN JACK!!!

As soon as the Coach, Dr. Goreman, comes outta the stadium dungeon and onto the field... the crowd hushes... till... the... funky rythyms start: CLAP FOR THE WOLFMAN!, YER GONNA DIG HIM TILL THE DAY YOU DIE!!!!! They're all singing and screaming and yelling as the panchy, pork-chop, bearded Pompitous of Blood and Love strolls onto the field with his friends, wraiths Doo Ron Ron and The Duke of Earl, and fellow werewolf The Midnight Growler.... Girls of all races are swooning and the guys all wish they were him.... His radio show and Cabal TV "Midnight Special" still run....

MA 8 ST 3 AG 3 AV 9 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Block, +1AV, Mighty Blow, 9 tds in 12 games, 3 casualties inflicted (so far), 2 MVPs, 38 SPP. (Addendum: The last four games has seen Jack spending more time in the knock-out from crowd-surfing, after taking great risks too near the sidelines.... The "emerging star" remains "emerging" and has lost his sheen to The Midnight Growler (MA 8 ST 3 AG 3 AV 9 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Block, Dodge, +1AV, Mighty Blow, 10 TDs in 12 games (four in the last game!) 7 CAS inflicted, 3 MVPs, 59 SPP) who is our league's first "Star"!)

Wolfman Jack's been taken down three times but just keeps regenerating... pity his real life counterpart didn't do the same!

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

OSPA was a very dumb idea. You could only use a single skill once during your own action but at other times could use dodge, guard, stand firm, side step etc, etc, etc as many times as you felt like, and in combination with each other too. Ridiculously unbalanced towards the defender and totally illogical to boot. Was rightly gut-shot and left in a ditch to die...

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?