Best Team Names for Each Race!

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

tomlloyd
Experienced
Experienced

Post by tomlloyd »

ttias wrote: Block Party - Norse
That's pretty good! Mine are Look Norse (which you might not get if you don't live up North!), and my Snow Troll is called Snow Patroll

Reason: ''
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

Grogmir wrote: Agreed – that is a wicked name for the Dark Elves.

So Wesleytj not only are you the resendent DElf expert but your team also has a better name than mine. Grrrr… I not sure I like you very much :x :wink: 8)
Hehehe well thanks. Clearly there's room around here for more than one "expert". And strangely enough, I'm usually tabbed as the WOOD elf "expert", not the Dark Elven one. Probably because of that strategy guide I wrote for Wood Elves forever ago. But I play and enjoy both, no doubt.

But while I have your jealousy thing going, I should add that I actually have had a hat made with the team logo. It's a black baseball says "Apocalypse Drow" in a deep red gothic sort of font, with flames along the side. Fun to wear while playing. :)
Grogmir wrote: P.s Keep Um coming... Once with got loads I reckon we have a vote on the best!
Brilliant idea!

Emerging Star

Post by Grogmir »

But while I have your jealousy thing going, I should add that I actually have had a hat made with the team logo. It's a black baseball says "Apocalypse Drow" in a deep red gothic sort of font, with flames along the side.
TOO MUCH!!! TOO MUCH!!! THE RAGE!!! THE RAGE!!! :pissed: :puke:
Fun to wear while playing
I wouldn't know... I have no magic hat. :cry: :cry:

Keep Um coming... Soon we'll never run out of names to impress are lesser foes!!! HA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Grogmir.

Spike Cup Reading 07 -- Runner Up, DE's. Damn you Lycos!
Conflict south 07 - Winner, Dark Elves.
Brighton BB league runner up 07 - DE's.
Brighton BB league runner up 06 - Dwarves
Frankus Macimus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Frankus Macimus »

Well, I'm new to the game so I don't have a deep pool of names to draw from but my teams have been the Mighty fNords and the newest the Sea Kings.

--Frank

boondog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by boondog »

One for ze Germans:

Dwarf team - Erzgebirge Haue

Lord Borak can totally kick Icepelt's frozen furry 4ss.

There are many good reasons to eat: Hunger. Boredom. Wanting to be the World's biggest man.
Highlander
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Highlander »

I call my High Elves or Elves the Sea-addled Seahawks.
My Vampire team is called the Dhampir Broncos.
And if I ever find miniatures I like to represent Amazons I'd call them Manchasers United.

tomros
Experienced
Experienced

Post by tomros »

My friend calls his amazons, which are represented by the Shadowforge nuns, The Dirty Habits. In case you don't know a nuns garment is called a habit, puns are fun :P .

The same friend calls his dwarfs The Major Miners.

[color=green]Christian Zombie Vampire[/color]
mrbrownesquire
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mrbrownesquire »

I have a dwarf team called the Underminers

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

My (Beloved) Dark Elves - The Shadowland Disciples (sponsered by Drow egberts, a superior coffee!!)

Undead - Judge'd Dead (The Wights look like Judge death from 2000AD) (Thanks to "Buggrit" for that one)

C/Dwarfs- Hashuts Heroes

My (Female) human team - The Sisters of no Mercy (old goth,me) shadowland nuns with micheline (Goblinforge) for my ogress..

antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by antipixi »

My best team name to date is for my chaos team based on Slaanesh called We Are Slaanesh Philes.

It seemed and appropriate tribute to the metal band of a similar name. :wink:

virre
Rookie
Rookie

Post by virre »

My DarkElfs as I named them when I was tiered of all people trying to sound fantasy by nameing their teams with english names, and I just had bought an Scots Gaelic book with an dictionary:

Tha Óran dubh á'bháird

(Best player is: Brathar an fiodh )

Whilst I also have a norse team that I named after this storyline I'm working on where there is a bakground with an guy called Viði (Jarl is just what he is) so the team name is:

Viði Jarls andra Hirdemän (Viði Jarls second Hird or what it is in English)

---

The best team name in the leuage I play is this nun, I mean amazon team (guess what models it uses) named:
The Nuns of S:t Ilian

although the "Woodland Pyschonauts" rates quite high too

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

My Orcs are Da Orkyzoner Wildsquigz.
My Gobbos will be the Armpittsburg Stolen.
My Pro Elves are the Mighty Swans of Alfheim.
My Wood Elves are Elfchester United.
I was once not allowed to run a Chaos team called the Slaanesh-Francisco Sixty-Niners.

I had a friend who had some fun team names:

Chaosota Vikings -- Chaos
Cincinasty Mangled -- Undead
Green Plague Rat-Packers -- Skaven
Elvish Impersonators -- Humans with fake ears

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Highlander wrote:I call my High Elves or Elves the Sea-addled Seahawks.
My Vampire team is called the Dhampir Broncos.
And if I ever find miniatures I like to represent Amazons I'd call them Manchasers United.
I like!

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

antipixi wrote:My best team name to date is for my chaos team based on Slaanesh called We Are Slaanesh Philes.

It seemed and appropriate tribute to the metal band of a similar name. :wink:
I bet they were a bunch of little Hellions! :wink: Probably not that B.A.D. really :wink:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Meradanis
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Meradanis »

I like to make puns with my team names. Problem is, these are german puns, so it won't be easy to explain them. I'll try nontheless:

My Halfling Team (striking 6 games lost in a row, but killed more opponents than any other team) was named "Viertel Portionen". Translation would be "Quarter Portions". Where is the pun you may ask ? Well, in the Warhammer world, Halflings life in a region called "The Moot". Official german translation by GW is "Das Viertel". So "Viertel Portionen" refers to their region of origin and to the fact the team consists of little twerps.

My Skaven Team has been namend "Schach Ratt". I'll try to explain: "Ratte" = "rat", "Schach" = "check", "Schach Matt !" = "checkmate !" I think you'll get the idea.

My first Lizardmen team's name was "Einarmige Fische". Translation: "One-armed Fishs". The first time I saw a picture of Warhammer Skinks, I said out loudly: cool, fishmen ! ;) Well, and in the first game with those BB Lizardmen minis, 2 Sauri lost their arms. The "Einarmige Fische" were born !

Next Lizardmen team has been named "Lustria Preachers". And because all this preaching had an everlasting effect on Lizardmen society, the team following the Preachers were the "Lustria Prayers".

My Nurgle team is feared under the name "Rott'n'Roll". Well, they certainly do rott and roll many double skulls. :o