Best Team Names for Each Race!

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Best Team Names for Each Race!

Post by Regash »

All of the people in my league were roleplayers, so they mostly had 'realistic' team names like "Warpstone Wanderers" for Skaven, "Middenheim Devastators" for Norse or "Ti'zlanti Wildcats" for Amazon.

The only 'clever' names we ever got were in one season when 2 coaches tried to figure out who could run the best orc team.
The final this season was played between the New Orc Giantz and the Moshington Greenskinz.
Both being puns on real football teams, the New York Giants and the Washington Redskins, obviously.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I think we have a new necro winner - 9 years...

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Halfling: The Dingleberries
Underworld: Underwear Stealers
Simyin: 12 Monkeys
Undead: Hammer Horrors
Necromantic: Therecastle Therewolves
Goblins: New Era Philantropy
Orcs: Green Piss

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

Darkson wrote:I think we have a new necro winner - 9 years...
I honestly read this post several times, thinking, "Why would '9 years' be a good Necro team name?"

Only when I went back through the older posts to see who suggested it did I figure it out... :oops:

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Re:

Post by Milo »

Frankus Macimus wrote:Well, I'm new to the game so I don't have a deep pool of names to draw from but my teams have been the Mighty fNords and the newest the Sea Kings.

--Frank
Maybe that should be the F.U. Sea Kings. I sure say that often enough in a game of BB.

Milo

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

How about the Undead team "Nine Years a Grave"?

One season, myself and two other coaches (in our at-that-time 4 person league) separately came up with the following:

Dwarves: Rock Hard Members of the Dwarven Stonecrafting Guild
Undead: The Bone-Hard Boys
Dark Elf: The Knights of the Purple Helmet

So many dick jokes that season...

Milo

Jolnir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jolnir »

Darkson wrote:I think we have a new necro winner - 9 years...
1 post, and it's almost a decade necro... :lol:

I'm new to Blood Bowl, but went with a classic-style sports name for my humans: The Middenheim Massacre.

Most likely to be massacred than massacre, but we'll see. :)

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Best CD or Dwarf team name is "The Dukes of Kazzad" But I suppose you have to be a certain age to get it.

I theme my teams according to political or cultural ideas. So Undead teams are named after communists, because we are all equal in death. Undead and Necro are Marxist Lenninist except the Ghouls which are Maoist (Because you cannot really trust a player who is not properly dead). My Wolves were called Rockerfeller and Carnegie because they were Capitalist Running Dogs.

Skaven were "Lower than Vermin" in respect to Bevan and were all named after coalition ministers. The apo was Milliband and spent his time actively trying to kill the team (I kid you not, I never apoed deaths and on on several occasions killed my own players)

My Norse were all named after characters from Beowulf and each match report was a poem. Retired the team on the death of Beowulf as they were his "Warband". Last match was played with 9 players two babes and 2 apos and I just tried to die gloriously. Won it 2-0 and only had one player killed. Player 9 always seemed to die and so that person was always referred to as "Bearer of the bloody nine".

Last season I had an Elf team "The Zoolander Team for Bloodbowling Good". Match reports were written without punctuation and made constant reference to how it was really good that we were really really ridiculously good looking because we keep losing the games and that is like really harsh man.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Regash

Post by Regash »

Anyboday read Joe Abercrombies "The First Law" trilogy?

All my Norse players got names from Northeners and of course the guy with the 9 on his back was always Logen, the Bloody Nine. :orc:
Alongside him were guys like Rudd Threetrees, Black Dow and Tul Duru Thunderhead, Caul Shivers and many more.
The Snowtroll/Yethi had "Forley" as his name. This character has the Byname "The Weakest" in the novels.

The Team itself was called "Carleon Bloodreavers".

Never played them on a board, though, only in BB1 on my PC.

drathul
Experienced
Experienced

Post by drathul »

I called my Lizardman team Jurassic Giants

Life, one continuous interruption to my sleep

Ian White
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Browsing through some old team rosters from a League I once ran, I came across this gem for a Lizardman team: The Xiotoul Xiox (Zi-ah-tool Zi-Ox).

Milo

sokomano
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sokomano »

Hello All
I am looking for a Vampire team name who hates vegan people.
I'd like something like "Vegan Eater" but don't like the second word. English speakers, any recommendation or synonym?
Ideally I would like this name starting with a V.
Thanks

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

sokomano wrote:Hello All
I am looking for a Vampire team name who hates vegan people.
I'd like something like "Vegan Eater" but don't like the second word. English speakers, any recommendation or synonym?
Ideally I would like this name starting with a V.
Thanks
You could go with Bloodmouth, it's what your stereotypical irritating preachy vegan supposedly calls meat eaters.

Or if you like the V sound, Veganovores.

Disclaimer: I don't hate vegan people and I've never met any of the shrill, PETA-like dickwads we keep hearing about. I guess because you rarely notice or care what someone else eats unless they're being loud and obnoxious.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
sokomano
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sokomano »

Rolo>thanks for your answer and suggestion. Me neither I don't hate vegan and vampires ;-)
Those vampires I don't why, they hate vegan...
Others>Any other name?

SlannMann
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SlannMann »

Dark Elves - Black Ark Leviathans (another name option at the time was Naggaroth Vipers)
Halflings - McMurty's Hot Doggers
Lizardmen - Southland Raptors (although with ordering Hungry Troll's Dinosaur themed team I'll prob name them Primordial Stoppage)
Norse - Suderholm Snow Leopards (most recent)
Necro - The Graveyard Ramblers (most recent). Previously used Leicheberg Wraiths. Also liked Wight Bromwitch Albion as a name
Slann - Nahuontl Natterjacks (most recent). I have a ton of other Slann names but favourite is Battletoad Galactica