Printed rulebook

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

will you be wanting a copy of the printed rulebook?

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 56

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Printed rulebook

Post by voyagers_uk »

I for one will probably be buying the printed rulebook, as I am sure will others here.

I am concerned though by the term used in the description shown with the photo of Andy. It said that it is available for a limited time only. Seeing as they have had a few, shall we say hiccups, just producing the BBMag3 and what with the mail order boys not always knowing what we are on about or when it is available, This is a plea to Andy Hall to ensure that there are enough copies to go around, and as mentioned in a previous thread, to make sure that the local GW staff don't buy up all the copies sent to the stores. :pissed:

Andy,

maybe a bit of groundwork and forcasting of demand may come in handy here.

just a thought :?:

Reason: ''
SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Post by SBG »

I already have one !

The PDF version is nice enough to be printed. Combine it with a laser printer, and you're all set !

Fred

LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!
neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

Personally I love having a nicely printed rulebook.

[b]NAF Founder[/b]
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

My laser printed copy is already looking worn and even though I bound it the page strength is not the same quality you' get in a book.

Oderus Orungus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Oderus Orungus »

I like writing rule amendments in the printout of the pdf file so I don't want a rulebook.

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

to be honest, i'd stick with the .pdf version myself, but if they're gonna go to the fuss of printing rules, i think that could be a bad sign for the future of the free download... once they figure out how to package the rules and basic supplies in a distributable format, they won't give anything away for free anymore...

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

You have to have a printed rulebook to sell with the game set, not everyone in the world can download a 1+ Mb pdf.

I am planning on buying a whole new set, my board is getting all worn out anyways.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

which is all teh more reason why the downloadable will probably go away in short order...

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

The best possible solution IMO is one I've advocated for a long time, and that's to print the rules in a 3 ring binder type format, the same way Advanced Sqaud Leader is made. Then the updates would be sooooo easy...

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Piepgrass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Piepgrass »

But that will never happen. :(
GW know that they will make more money in the long run by printing new versions of the rules just as they do withthe WFB and 40K. range.

Poul

[size=150][color=red]VICIOUS[/color][/size]
The Copenhagen Wight.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Unfortunately Piepgrass is probably correct :(

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Martin
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Martin »

Well considering how fast they rules seem to be changing right now there will probably be five revisions between the time it heads to the printers and the time it's out. And another 20 before we Americans/Canadians etc see it.

Martin

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'd like to stick to the PDF, but I need to get a board (I use the old Astrogranite one), so I'll probably buy a box, though I don't want the figs.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

If the game gets regularly updated I'd like to be able to print and bind the rules as they are revised and not have to buy a new goddamn copy of the rules every year. I'd rather save my money for miniatures, paints and tournament fees.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

I read the news on the official website... What does it mean exactly ? 1/ We will have a lot of Living rule Book printed, but for a limited period 2/ We will have SOME LRB for sale AND for a limited period, like the BB Mag 3 ;) ?