Picking a race

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Picking a race

Post by Grumbledook »

Hi been reading the forum for a while now, thought it was about time i registered andsaid my hellos, so hello¡ :D

Anyway back to the topic, i have been playing undead for years and i also have a goblin team for when i feel like a laugh, but i was thinking about getting another race.

I did quite fancy starting a human team, but i don't think much of the models atm, i have thought about possible ordering the female team from shadowforge, but i am bit unsure about this.

The other races i was considering are chaos dwarfs, cause i love the models of both the dwarfs and the hobgoblins, in fact i nearly bought them when i got my goblin team. The other is lizardmen, cause i also like the look of these models, so anyone want to offer me any advice or info to persuade me one way or the other, would be nice!

Anyone suggesting to get both will get a slap, i fully intend to eventually but not right now.

Also i won a mini spike magazine trophy model with my undead in a gw store a few years ago, i was wondering if anyone had any of the other 4 trophies, i have seen what the blood bowl looks like but i am yet to see the other 2, i know for a fact the chaos cup was made but did the dungeon bowl trophie get produced as well?

Grumbledook.

Reason: ''
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

I think if you like the undead I would I would go with Chaos Dwarfs. They play similarly and lizardmen are dumb anyway. lol

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

ah yes go chaos dwarfs to counter the lact of intellect of lizards with the combined mental prowess of the highly educated hobgoblins :o

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

That's right!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Personally I could care less how good/bad a race is compared to others, I always go for whatever has the most appeal to me. I am a big fan of Vikings and dark age history so I went with Norse just because I thought they were cool. Some people i know just pick races because they are the most competetive, but I get bored quickly of a team if it doesn't have any personailty that appeals to me.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

yer i totally agree with that, i picked undead in the first place without knowing how to play the game or what skills etc they had.

Picking between the teams i said above for the reasons i like the models, i thought about getting wood elves a number of times but the models for them suck a lot as far as i am concerned, also why i am uncertain about getting a human team. Still unsure between lizards and c.dwarfs.

I have just played my mate using ski junkie and i beat him 3-0 twice with chaos dwarfs. Going to have to try out lizardmen as well really, would they play in a similar manner, as i have heard that they are hard to play.

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

If you like Wood Elves you might want to try using 2nd ed. miniatures instead of the 3rd ed. ones.

I like Wood Elves, as long as they are in a pile in the Dead and Injured box ;)

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Anthony_TBBF wrote: I like Wood Elves, as long as they are in a pile in the Dead and Injured box ;)
I TOTALLY agree! :D

Death to all pansy-ass elves! :evil:

GO STAMPEDERS!
lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

hmm...well I now know whom NOT to let my soon to be completed Wood Elf team face in their introduction to the sport. :wink:

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I'd go with the Chaos Dwarves, especially if you like the models. I left my reasons on the other thread you started on CD vs Bull Centars. Let us know what you go with.

Have fun!
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Personally id go for the chaos dwarves if i was you.
You said you were thinking of a human team but didnt like the models. why not convert your own team and use human stats. I wanted something with a bit of a bit for my human team an after seeing the Howlers in an issue of BB mag went with the dogs. I now use them as a norse team mind you but they look great. (well, i think so anyway) They aint a scratch on Anthony's norse team but hay there good enough for me :P

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Personally id go for the chaos dwarves if i was you.
You said you were thinking of a human team but didnt like the models. why not convert your own team and use human stats. I wanted something with a bit of a bit for my human team an after seeing the Howlers in an issue of BB mag went with the dogs. I now use them as a norse team mind you but they look great. (well, i think so anyway) They aint a scratch on Anthony's norse team but hay there good enough for me :P

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
bingbong186
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bingbong186 »

As has been mentioned a few times already, you'll have the most fun playing with a team that appeals to you both for their miniatures and their character. In this instance if you like the Chaos Dwarf miniatures you should go for them, but make sure you foul as often as possible with lots of dirty players :lol: .
In my local league I played a High Elf team last season, and this season switched to Chaos.... a complete change in tactics that's really been fun to deal with. Also, if you're enjoying the team you play with and really get into their fluff and character, you'll be much more fun to play against.

Cheers

Bingbong
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Is getting into dwards fluff normal down under, sounds a bit strange from where i am sitting :o

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

In the end you have to give your team character. It all comes back to role plaing, baby!

Koch Brak Barfbref sez:

Yeah da effs iz girrlee an if yoo lik gittin inta stuntee fluff den yoo hez ishyooz! WAAAGGGHHH!!!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!