Magic Helmets

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Magic Helmets

Post by Grumbledook »

Am i now correct in thinking that since there are no longer the DZ cards, there isn't a way for a lot of players to get +1 AV?

I know there is a mutation for that but well thats only for 2 teams.
Is there likely to be armour increase added at all? I am not bothered if there isn't, can you imagine trying to get a dwarf off the pitch if they had armour increases, not to mention making it harder to remove weak teams like wood elves.

Rookie teams stand a chance against the weak teams by getting their players off the pitch, well more of a chance than if they aren't equipped with magic helmets.

Then again with armour increases every team would be able to stay on the pitch longer. Magic helmet was a bad way of doing though, because any player could get it if the team played enough matches and because it was a card it didn't take up a skill roll either, therefore making stronger teams stronger, because rookie teams wouldn't have had much of a chance to get their hands on one.

So there is a brief view on +AV, any comments or idea if av values are going to be set in stone so to speak in the upcoming rules review?

Grumbledook.

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

At some point Magic Helmets will probably return as part of magic item experimental rules ... HOWEVER except them to be freebooted items (ie one game only).

AV is pretty much set in stone now.... which is fine by me. Actually had a player take Spikes on a doubles roll. First time this has happened in any league I've ever played in.

Galak

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Yeah I have to agree with Galak. Spikes was taken in my league for the first time ever!
I'd like to say I miss the cards but I don't.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
lightingbug
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lightingbug »

What about making Magic Items rare and make it that you can only have one of any item per team.

I.e. only one of your Witch Elves can have a helmet at a time.

I never was lucky to draw more than one myself in a league but it went straight to my WE.

We could try having the league commish make it one of any item per league, but how would it get awarded and would that make it too overpowered????

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

I like the idea of freebooting a magic helemt, that could work quite well.

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!