Experimental Rosters

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Experimental Rosters

Post by christer »

Could someone with access to BBMag #3 please confirm that the rosters on the following page are correct?

Experiemental Rosters

Thank you.

-- Christer

Reason: ''
FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Come to think of it, what's the word on the necromantic undeads? Ie, is it even worth it to playtest them as they stand in BBMag #3? Or should I use some non-kicker version of what the MBBL uses?

Oh, and what's the deal with magic helmets for khemri? Being without a BBMag #3 myself, I have no idea what the fuss is about heh..

-- Christer

Furelli
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Furelli »

Yep, those rosters are right from BBMag #3.

The magic helmets are just fluff to get agility 3 skellies. Basically the mag says

"Skeleton players are not renownowed for their ball handling skill. In order to get around this the Tomb Kings have invested some of their wealth in providing magic helmets to some of their players. The helmets represent two gods and imbue the wearer with the associated aspect. The gods are Blitz-Ra, god of strength and speed, and Thro-Ra, god of keen eyesight and accuracy."

Furelli

Am I living in a box? Am I living in a cardboard box?
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Thank you. I will now proceed to setting up the experimental division for FUMBBL :)

-- Christer

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Hmmm... If they're already wearing a magic helmet that makes them a better ball handler, then I guess they wouldn't be allowed to wear one that would give an AV increase also. That's something to think about. I wonder if it just wouldn't have been easier to say that there are different levels in quality of skeletons and that these aren't just really good ones.

Have fun!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Christer,

We should talk in 4 months or so.

I'm playing with some tweaks to the experimental teams that the BBRC has either requested (0-2 on the 2nd pact team slot, removal of High/Dark Elves from pacts) or approved (revised Necromantic team).

Between your league, if you get any takers for the experimental teams (and if no one takes the official Necro well that says something also) playing the "official" experimental rosters and my league playing the tweaked ones .. we should be able to generate some good feedback for the BBRC.

Galak

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Can that necro team take an apothcary seeing as you have the ghouls the golems and the werewolfs without regenerate, seems to be a rather large cripple if they can't.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Grumble,

No apothecary for the Necro team.

This was just ONE of my big problems with the official Necro team. 7 players with no Regeneration on a Necro team... 5 have AV 7 and 2 of them are your LOS players .... ..... yuck!!!!

Add this in with 0-1 Werewolf player, 11 positional slots, and a Werewolf that isn't anywhere close to his 1st or 2nd edition roots and I really just cannot stand this team roster at all.

Working with a couple BBRC members, I ran a revised Necro roster past them that the MBBL will be using for our LRB league:

Code: Select all

0-12   Zombie   30,000   4 3 2 8   Regenerate   General 
0-4   Ghoul   70,000   7 3 3 7   Dodge   General, Agility 
0-2   Wight   90,000   6 3 3 8   Block, Regenerate   General 
0-2   Flesh Golem   110,000   4 4 2 9   Regenerate, Stand Firm   General, Strength 
0-2   Werewolf   120,000   7 4 2 8   Mighty Blow, Break Tackle, Frenzy   General, Strength 
=========================================

This roster is my own personal campaign. If the Necro team is ever to become official, I really want this roster instead of the BB Mag #3 one.

And before you ask (in case you were going to), the stats for the Werewolf are a direct translation of the 2nd edition Werewolf Blood Bowl player. The MBBL2 has played with this Werewolf for over 2 years without a single coach complaint about his stats (either by coaches of the Werewolves or of opponents playing against them).

So this revised Necro team has the following clean-ups from the BB Mag #3:

1) Loses the 5th catcher slot and trades them in for 2 beefed up blitzers
2) Only 6 players without Regen, but no longer the LOS players. Also 2 of them without Regen know have AV 8.
3) Since the team gave up 2 ST 5 players, the 4 ST 4 players is a nice substitue.
4) No 0-1 position and no 11 positional players
5) The Werewolf is true to the history of the game

This is my big personal crusade right now and I'm hoping to get as much support as possible to back me up. Everyone who has posted on TBB so far as agreed that this roster is an improvement on the one in BB Mag #3 ... however I think I need more folks writing Fanatic and requesting this roster to be the official one in order to win this fight.

Galak

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Yes that is certainly a far better team, its also nice that more players can get strength skills rather than just having 2 mummies. While i don't like either of the 2 new teams over my fav undead, they both have their advantages as well and i am prepared to accept them. Assuming your changes are implemented that is.

Rustycan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rustycan »

Im just wondering where you folks all got these rosters from the bbMag 3??!! Where do you guys find this stuff? I have BBMag 1and 2 but I thought #3 was not out yet??

When I was a kid, my father used to say the two worst things in the world are Ignorance and Apathy,
Well I dont know and I dont care!!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

BBmag3 is out in UK but won't be out over here until sometime in Nov. according to the mail order trollz.

GO STAMPEDERS!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Which is really sad Torg as BB Mag #4 should be out in the UK before November. :lol:

Galak

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

That really sucks! They will get BBmag4 before we get BBmag3! :pissed:

GO STAMPEDERS!
DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DaFoola »

those silly limeys. always shafting the rest of the world.

Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vesticle »

Had a game against the Khemri team, and I must say, both myself and the Khemri coach found it absolutely atrocious. 4 ST5 guys on the roster, when it's other players are still ST3, and who don't suffer from any negative traits (Bone Head, Really Stupid, etc.), *and* can use TRRs is just way too much to handle. Furthermore, even though they only have 3 AG3 players, 2 of them have both Sure Hands and Pass, making them good ball handlers. And the Mummies increase their value, because there are so many of them on the field: with 4 it's virtually impossible to A) avoid them and B) gang up on them.

The only other team with so many ST5 players, is Snotlings, and they have the penalty of A) Their Trolls can't use TRRs and have the Really Stupid and Always Hungry Traits and B) All their normal players are ST1.

Compared to the old Undead team, they have 4 AG3 players instead of 8, but now all their players have regenerate, and 2 of them have sure hands (while the old undead team would need to burn a TRR to pick the ball up 33% of the time, in the open). And now they have 4 mummies instead of 2 (even though they cost more, I still find it more than makes up for that).

The other team I'd compare them to is Dwarves, who also only have 4 AG3 players. The Runners match up with the Thro-Ras ok, the Runners are a bit more hardy, but the Thro-Ras have Regeneration and Pass. Same for the Blitzers and Blitz-Ra. That leaves longbeards and 2 Troll Slayers to take on Skeletons and 4 Mummies. Head-to-head they might be ok, but only because Troll Slayers have the exact anti-trait (Dauntless) to match up with St5 players. I still think the Dwarves come out on the short end of the stick. And I'd certainly rather deal with longbeards and 2 St3 Troll Slayers than 4 St5 mummies.

The only thing I can see, is that the Khemri team doesn't really develop much, they don't gain much from further purchases, and their Skeletons only have access to General skills. But even if it was "They're too strong in their first half, and too weak in their second", I don't think that would balance out anyway...

Anyone else who have played any games with the Experimental teams have an opinion on this, or any other team?