Upper End for teams

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

What should the top end of TR be?

350 TR
25%
320 TR
2%
300 TR
50%
280 TR
14%
260 TR
9%
240 TR
No votes

Total votes: 44

neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Upper End for teams

Post by neoliminal »

After playing for a while with the new rules, I think everyone can get a feel for the slower growth rate. The question becomes, where to put the top of the growth? What TR do you think teams should cap out at?

Should teams not be able to crest above 300? 280? What is the best upper end, where teams should cycle back down from their top form?

Reason: ''
[b]NAF Founder[/b]
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Personally, I think the current system is good as it is. I estimate the "cap" being at around 250 for low-av teams and about 300 for high-av teams.

Ofcourse, the optimal solution would be to have the cap being the same for all teams but I just don't see this happening unless you somehow penalize high-av teams harder on the ageing rolls.. Or make ageing powerful enough to make the increased number of injuries on the non-bashy teams irrelevant. Neither of these options have any appeal to me though.

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Or you could just drop aging altogether and bring back appearance fees. That would acomplish what you're asking for and much more.

neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

I don't see teams stopping their growth with the current system... everyone seems to think it will stop their growth "anytime now" but I've yet to see a team top out.

It's interesting to see such a range of responses.

[b]NAF Founder[/b]
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

I dont care about end TR as long as i can find opponent with the same TR and that is not a beardy team.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I'm actually preferring basic tourney-style BB at the moment. It's just less cluttered, more basic and plays faster. At Wodell we've got some high end teams, and it's seems easy to get bogged down, particularly with the bashing teams. Orc v. Orc at 270+ can be a chore sometimes.
I voted 280, I think teams should be exceptional to get to 300+. That said, I wouldn't like to see any kind of forced capping.
One point (maybe a little off topic here) is that the current winnings for the 4 major trophies (listed in the LRB/DZ) in the current enviroment are simply too high, particularly if they're being run as relatively short tourneys. I'd like to know much prize money factors into the TR of the current high end 2k1 teams.
Maybe somebody could come up with some kind of sliding scale for prize money for winning trophies based on how many rounds are involved or something. Difficult in 'open' leagues, granted, and something maybe better left to individual commishes to finalise, but some sort of rough guideline could be useful to many.
Example: Because of the nature of Wodell, each trophy consists of 5 rounds, then semis and the final, so the finalists will only play 7 games total, so we've halved the prize money listed in the LRB/DZ.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

That s a good thing DeatWing, we've done a system for short tournament and big one here but we havent played the 4 Major (dont realistic for me).
Minor tournament: 8 teams max with 8 matchsmax.
Big Tournament: 16 team min with 10 matchs min.
This house rule goes with some level rules we are giving to our teams: Team, Club,Big club, and Legendary club. With more access to staff and stadium ...but you can only change your level if you have the TR,staff and results that able you to change. This is what Trambi call Long terms rules like in this thread.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/