Any chance for your comments on this ?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Whee. I was right for a change.
One question though Neo...you and Chet gonna be joining us in Nottingham in March?

Reason: ''
I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Bevan
Veteran
Veteran

Minor vs major rule variations

Post by Bevan »

A year or two before the rules review I compiled lists of house rules by downloading every set of league rules I could find. There were dramatic differences in house rules between every league. These differences applied to almost every possible rule in the book.

Since the rules review and LRB there are still differences but they are relatively minor. Most leagues tweak a few rules to suit the locals or have special extra rules such as extra races, weapons or whatever.

A major advantage is that it is now possible to hold a tournament and have nearly everyone (from different leagues) agree on the rules.

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

we play LRB as well, some minor house rules though

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Minor vs major rule variations

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Bevan wrote:Since the rules review and LRB there are still differences but they are relatively minor. Most leagues tweak a few rules to suit the locals or have special extra rules such as extra races, weapons or whatever.
If you exclude the MBBL2, WBBL, WBBJ-L, CSBBL, and BOBBA ... I'd agree with this statement 100% ... :lol:

Galak

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Gee Neo, I can always count on you to be civil.

For your information, we didn't all sit around together and download it.

First of all, at that time the "updates" weren't even being acknowledged.
Second of all, most of the changes were logged and the versions weren't updated.
Third of all, none of this would have happened if you all had stuck to the rules you laid out for yourselves.

I'll give you an example. How long has the head coach not counted for the Brilliant Coaching result? What version of the rules changed that? Hmmn?
How is my league supposed to know that was changed? Especially when you change things and then still call it 1.3! If you did it correctly it should be about 1.9 by now or something.
Speaking of updates how do we have 3 updates but only one rules review?
When you can figure out how to count you'll do much better at insulting my intelligence.
So go DUH yourself.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

Pariah : If I remember well the redactor of LRB is Andy Hall, Neo and Chet work just on review. So they can't know that LRB was modificated between LRB 1.3 and ... :o LRB 1.3.
If you want to blame someone I presume it should be Andy, but as we know all that he works hard, you should forgive Andy for its version update mistake. ;)

Moveover, He is the boss, so He is right, you are wrong :D

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

I don't necessarily blame anyone for working hard on Blood Bowl. I'm just stating the fact that all the 4th edition stupidity, combined with the confusion that is Blood Bowl now, killed my league.
I was get irate with Neo for giving me a "Duh" because the people in my league (some of whom don't own computers) couldn't keep up the constant updates. One guy went to the Library (which is on the other side of town from his house), printed the thing out, got asked to leave by the librarian for tying up the printer only to find that I had a different version than he did. I went ahead and printed him the right version. So he was taken of care of but later on disputes arose because other had different versions too. It didn't take long for these guys who were already sick of GW's crap to say "F - it".
If I remember correctly one of the reasons cards weren't put on the net was because not all BB players have access to the net. Well now they need it just to get the damn rules! If they don't keep up on every change they are stupid in the eyes of Neo. I guess they just aren't as smart as old JKL and shouldn't be allowed to play the game then.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!