Feudball - Feudal Football - a fantasy football novel

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Feudball - Feudal Football - a fantasy football novel

Post by Babs »

www.Feudball.com

Feudball - short for Feudal Football - is a Fantasy Football novel set in a Tolkien-esque world finally coming into the dawn of the industrial era.
(sound familiar? It is completely coincidentally very much like another sport most of us know. *cough* *cough* :wink: )

The novel is fast paced, has lots of games of Feudball in it and gains inspiration from movies such as The Longest Yard, RollerBall, Salute of the Jugger/Blood of the Heroes and The Shawshank Redemption.

This book is to be publically launched at Eucalyptus Bowl 2009 to celebrate the four years that Vimes and Babs have been working on the novel (which started at Eucalyptus Bowl 2005) - pre-orders will be taken and sample chapters will be available (they are already up on the website).

You may have tried Fantasy Football novels before - but this one is different, deliberately so.
because those other Fantasy Football novels by MF were so damn dreadful in my opinion that was the reason we started this project in the first place - we realised we could do a better job than those books!

Can I encourage you all to take a look at the website, sign up to the forum and pre-order your copy either on the website or in person at Eucalyptus Bowl.

And to help the launch, there is a free pre-order copy to be given away. Sign up and pre-pay before August 30, and have as many other people as you can mention you in the 'comment' section when they sign up for their copy - and you will be refunded the full amount of the book. But this offer is only for those people who frequent select chosen forums.

I also really would like someone to help me get the word out to the french, italian, spanish, german and swedish speaking forums about the book - any volunteers please? (see above paragraph for incentive).
(in fact any other relevant forums or groups of people who might be interested would be great).

Sample Chapter 3 will be up and available for download before the end of 2nd August (barring an act of God).

And guys - I'm counting on you to help with this. Don't go telling all the other forums as I'm not mentioning it to them but if we get to 100 pre-orders, I'm green lighting the project then rather than waiting any longer.

Reason: ''
=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.
Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

Chapter 3 is now up and available for download on www.feudball.com

I'd love you to add your name to the pre-order list - we have 19 people already paid up at the time of writing.

ex-BBRC member

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

just ordered my copy .. I can't wait .. nothing wrong with reading something like this between 'real' books ...

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Chapter 4 up in sample chapters

Post by Babs »

Chapter 4 is now available for download from the Feudball website

If you missed it, the rejected cover sketch is below:

Love you to continue to read the saga (all chapters so far are up on the site, but chapters 1 and 2 are on the 'previous chapters' page now).

Quote to synopsize chapter four:
From then on, the game became more like a typical Feudball match. Players were felled on both sides, cheap shots were thrown, and some players were sneaking a quick kick into a prone body when the referee wasn't watching. Keg appeared to be enjoying himself, stiff-arming one of the Nausican players and knocking him out cold.

ex-BBRC member

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Ch 5 up and online

Post by Babs »

Chapter 5 is now up and online on the Feudball website. (Sample Chapters)

A quote from Chapter 5:
Mauritz ordered the crew to assemble on deck. "We’ve been beaten by an inferior team. Rum rations’ll be suspended until further notice for this humiliation. Rather than suffer the gloatin' of the fools who beat us, we’ll head out for some plunder to recoup our losses. Any tardiness’ll be dealt with severely. Haul anchor!"
And an image from the gallery:

ex-BBRC member

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Ch 6 now available

Post by Babs »

As StoneColdSpider has said (on another forum):
i did my pre order at EucBowl
ive really liked the prevew chapters so far :)
its alot better than the Blood Bowl novels...
but really thats not a hard thing to do ;)

congrats to Babs and Vimes
u guys have done a great job so far :)
Chapter 6 is now available for reading. I have noticed that the preview chapters are quickly racking up the page numbers. We will need to review the font size and layout for the final book at this pace. ;) Needless to say you will get a decent book for a decent price.

We also now have an ISBN number and barcode. The ISBN is 978-0-9806381-9-6.

ex-BBRC member

AbraxiS
Experienced
Experienced

Post by AbraxiS »

Hi...

Just to tell you guys that i´ve took the liberty to advertise your book on my recently created BB blog.

I dont know if this a good thing or not but,as far as i know, its the first and only BB blog on Portugal :lol:

Keep up the good work.

By the way,how much would cost me to have the book here in Portugal?

Cheers

Paulo

http://bloodbowlmayhem.blogspot.com/
http://zlurpcast.com/

MeatLoaf 2011 Award Winner #whutupshun
Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

We now have two international distributors: Tritex Games and Impact Miniatures.
These two outstanding companies have both agreed to stock the book when it is printed. This is excellent news and has pushed forward the project.

Chapter Seven is now online at the Feudball website.

A quote from the chapter:
Lowden was easily the largest city he had ever seen. Smoke haze from thousands of chimneys sat heavy in the morning light, turning everything a tinge of orange. The harbour was busy, with boats chugging in and out under steam, and ferries crossing the large river.
Can I encourage you to read (or continue to read) the sample chapters up on the website so far, and if you like them, sign up for pre-order! (We are currently at 64 pre-orders).

...and Abraxis - what do you want me to quote you in? I would charge you the same shipping as to any European country. (EUR€6) Did you want to place a pre-order?

ex-BBRC member

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Chapter 8 up

Post by Babs »

Chapter 8 is now up and available to read at your leisure.

Another sample image from our artist for the project, Mal Van Drempt.

A quote from the chapter:
The mattress wasn't very thick, and neither was the pillow, but compared to the pirate ship and most of the prison cells he had been in over the last couple of months, it was luxury. At least this one didn't rock.
And next chapter, the REAL action begins...

ex-BBRC member

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

May I suggest Alliance Game Distributors INC or ATD for the US. Between them they supply all games stores with gaming stuff in the US.

Alliance:
mee@alliance-games.com
Mark Easterday, Vice President of Purchasing
Alliance Midwest
3405 Centennial Drive
Ft. Wayne, IN 46808

If you are interested in having ACD carry your products, please email bradm@acdd.com
ACD's main offices are located at
2841 Index Rd. Ste. 150
Madison, WI 53713

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

Thanks - may well try those contacts out...

Chapter 9 is now up and available to peruse at your leisure.

and I was one chapter out with the football action.... It gets started first sentence into the next chapter I promise.

Quote:
Through a door, Alex saw a very large prisoner standing tall over a rather nervous-looking Filch in a room filled with cleaning equipment. The man was completely bald, and red faced. He picked Filch up clear off the ground by his shirt and then rammed him into the wall so that some heavy tins fell off a nearby shelf and crashed onto the floor.
"Not good enough,” he growled, and raised a fist with a vicious sneer.
"Hey!" Alex butted in. "Put him down."
Greg turned his head. There was scar running across the left side of his face from nose to ear.
"Who're you?" Greg thundered as he rammed Filch against the wall once more, sending
more tins clattering to the floor. The unfortunate Filch slid down the wall as he was let go.

ex-BBRC member

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Ch 10 available to preview

Post by Babs »

Chapter 10 is now online and available to read.

It is finally up to the Feudball action. It will be Feudball action or Feudball related action in every chapter from now on until the epilogue after Ch 31 - so thanks for reading if you have been wondering when it will get there. However, these first chapters have set the scene of the world - and we have worked hard to cut them down. (?!)

Quote to sum up the chapter:
“You've survived a pirate attack, I think you could handle being a trencher on a Feudball team,” Gordon grinned.

ex-BBRC member

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Ch 11 up (sorry for the delay)

Post by Babs »

With a small delay, the draft sample of chapter 11 is now up and available to read. This is the first full 'match' of Feudball in the book, however from here on in there is at least one full match every second chapter, or, more often, every chapter.

As I've already mentioned below - up until now has been a lot of 'scene setting' but that's all done now and here on in it's games, games, games of Biff, Brutality and Bad-ass plays. Enjoy.

Quote to get you to be bothered to download the Sample Chapter:
The field, thankfully, was mostly green, but the grass was short and a bit rough, with clumps of turf casually strewn about the field and what appeared to be lumps of cow dung. To his left, Alex noticed an ancient scoreboard, with an attendant in an old chair, sipping a mug of ale. A scruffy looking, brown-haired dog sat beside him.
"So, is this the grass roots level?" Alex asked, strolling up to stand beside the veteran. They both slowly scanned the rest of the stadium, if it could be called that.
There was a food tent preparing hot snacks for the handful of early spectators, and a beer tent that was beginning to do a steady trade. A trio of chubby match officials were enjoying some of the local hospitality before the game. Alex felt all three of them were old enough to be his grandfather and they looked like they would have trouble managing a fast walk.
Gordon sighed, "Yes, the local league. Most of the teams at this level are sponsored by local pubs and hotels, hence their names. The teams themselves are mostly made up of young hopefuls, retiring veterans and never-have-beens."
"Any wise words of wisdom to impart?"
Gordon grinned. "Don't get killed. Nobody will remember you if you die on a cow paddock. Come on, let's go warm up."

ex-BBRC member

Grim Reaper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Grim Reaper »

just ordered mine, can't wait.....

Teams--
Squigsburg Steel'AZ - orc Season 1 EIBBL CHAMPIONS
Da' NutCrush'az - dwarf tournament team
Imfamous VooDoo - skaven
Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Feudball - Feudal Football - a fantasy football novel

Post by Babs »

...and with a wave of my threadomancy wand....

Chapter 12 and 13 are now up (finally).

Lots have still been happening on the book - mainly editing - which is incredibly, painstakingly slow. However, we are closer to publishing and me being on holidays at the moment helps!
(and of course real life has been really annoying and kept me way too busy for the book to bubble away as I'd like it to!)

Here is where you can download the Sample Chapters so far.

...and of course - you *could* pre - order this novel to show another well known company that Fantasy Football fans have money to spend on Fantasy Football products and give a damn about where their money goes, but then again I don't really want to turn a tragic series of events into a sales pitch.

ex-BBRC member