Help I've never won with orcs!!!

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Try an other race :lol:

Reason: ''
Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
grimfang
Experienced
Experienced

Post by grimfang »

i primarily play orcs..... my best advice is to pound it out in the trenches! They will take some hits and fall, but they will survive (most of the time!) Run the ball... throw when ALL else fails.... and protect the runner with everything you can. If you have to stand still for turn until the bodies start to pile up, do it! And make sure to FOUL when you can! Try to knock the other guy off the pitch when the opportunity is there (i spend a lot of effort getting my opponent IN POSITION to knock him off the field!) And always make sure you use all your tricks and events! If you are playing in a league, you might lose to an opponent, but the it will cost him a TON of cash to replace all his players! Not a nice way to play, i know... but the question was "how to win".. not how to be a good sport. (ok,, i feel guilty when i do this sometimes too.. so buy lunch for the poor sap afterwards!)

Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scott King »

Intersting, that when I played my gobbos against orcs, it was the focus on strength that caused the Orc player to lose. His BOBs got the same amount of block dice as regular orcs, and he gave up movement for it. So my goblins basically ran around them, the only players who could keep up were Blitzers, and I made sure Trolls kept them occupied. That, and a littel bit of luck. On any given Sunday...

If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Maybe you should try playing humans.

GO STAMPEDERS!
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Scott King wrote:Intersting, that when I played my gobbos against orcs, it was the focus on strength that caused the Orc player to lose. His BOBs got the same amount of block dice as regular orcs, and he gave up movement for it. So my goblins basically ran around them, the only players who could keep up were Blitzers, and I made sure Trolls kept them occupied. That, and a littel bit of luck. On any given Sunday...
He should have been getting an assist on the BOBs for 3 die blocks. S3 players can't do this as easily.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Warning to bloodthirsty Orc Coaches

I played our resident murdering orc team last night in a league match. I was coaching Skaven. I was missing a Gutter Runner, dead from the previous game. I was also missing an MNG Storm Vermin. I had 70k worth of loose cash inflating my team rating. His effective TR was well over 30 more than mine. My one actual handicap roll was That Babe's Got Talent. Fantastic.

So, an Orc team against an underdog Skaven team - He went all out to bash and foul, hitting first, worrying about the ball later. At the end of his final turn when he ran in his touchdown, there was only one of my players left on the pitch. He took 16 turns to score 1 touchdown, maiming as he went.

That's all well and good but I'd scored 4 before he'd even made it to the endzone.

Every time he went bashing first he lessened his chances of winning. He risked burning rerolls on blocks when he needed them in the backfield; he went hunting down players rather than paying attention to his team's shape. He left weaknesses in his line that I could exploit, charging down his throwers with gutter runners, forcing errors and scoring TDs.

Bashing is not the way to win. Scoring more touchdowns than the opponent in the 16 turns available is the way to win. Bashing helps only in as much as it achieves that goal. If you're bashing and they're scoring, it's time to adjust your strategy.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
McSnaga
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by McSnaga »

As another Skaven coach I would concur.

I would recommend buying at least 3 Orc Blitzers for their speed and Block skill. You MUST aim to advance up the pitch each turn (injuring as many as you can on the way). Against agile opponents, don't rely on your thin LOS to stop breakthroughs. A good agile team coach will punch a hole, through and sack or surround your exposed thrower. Protect your thrower !

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. "
Terry Pratchett
Heiper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Heiper »

Can't say its often i see coaches bash just to bash. The only times I see this is when they have a cage well defended at the endzone, ready to score but wants to bash the living daylight out of your team first so that you won't have a chance to score after the TD. Other than that I don't see ppl bash just to bash, there is usually a reason for the hits they throw. Maybe i'm just unlucky to not meet ppl that think like that :D

-Heiper-
VampyrSoul
Rookie
Rookie

Post by VampyrSoul »

grimfang wrote:i primarily play orcs..... my best advice is to pound it out in the trenches! They will take some hits and fall, but they will survive (most of the time!) Run the ball... throw when ALL else fails.... and protect the runner with everything you can. If you have to stand still for turn until the bodies start to pile up, do it! And make sure to FOUL when you can! Try to knock the other guy off the pitch when the opportunity is there (i spend a lot of effort getting my opponent IN POSITION to knock him off the field!) And always make sure you use all your tricks and events! If you are playing in a league, you might lose to an opponent, but the it will cost him a TON of cash to replace all his players! Not a nice way to play, i know... but the question was "how to win".. not how to be a good sport. (ok,, i feel guilty when i do this sometimes too.. so buy lunch for the poor sap afterwards!)
When have you bought me lunch?? Okay, granted you bought me a candy bar and soda the other day, but you killed 4 of my humans!!!

We still on for this weekend?

Vampy

kaboom
Super Star
Super Star

Post by kaboom »

for my team, i start whith:
4LINEMAN
3BO
3BLITZER
1TROLL
3REROLL
1POP
, whith that team u can play like a grobill(troll, blitzer)
and u can run whith your 3blitzer