"Icepelt is my hero"

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

"Icepelt is my hero"

Post by Jembo17 »

Apologies if this has already been clarified, but I looked on a couple of threads and they didn't really seem t clarify it.

What's with the whole "Icepelt is my hero"...?

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: "Icepelt is my hero"

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Icepelt rulebook. A version of the CRP that had all the art, Did You Knows, and background put back in it along with the integration of the 3 new official NAF teams. A must have resource if you could get one. Sadly currently no longer being printed.

However ... a lot of folks were able to get one while they were around. The saying started as the first 30 copies of the rulebook they paid to have printed and gave away to anyone who was a key member who helped develop the CRP rulebook so it was a thank you for that initial gift and then it stayed a thank you just for creating the rulebook that GW should have from the beginning.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jembo17 »

Ah ha, I see. And there was me thinking that everyone was paying homage to the Ice troll star player...(!)

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

Some of us were smart enough to treat the email as spam :D

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Some of us are smart enough to treat your posts as spam. :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Icepelt rulebook. A version of the CRP that had all the art, Did You Knows, and background put back in it along with the integration of the 3 new official NAF teams. A must have resource if you could get one. Sadly currently no longer being printed.

However ... a lot of folks were able to get one while they were around. The saying started as the first 30 copies of the rulebook they paid to have printed and gave away to anyone who was a key member who helped develop the CRP rulebook so it was a thank you for that initial gift and then it stayed a thank you just for creating the rulebook that GW should have from the beginning.
I thought this was all 'secret, hush hush, don't discuss openly' because GW could take issue. Though it's apparently no longer being printed, can't they still give TFF, or Galak or whomever is involved, a hard time based on the quoted post?

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I am sure it is just what he heard, so for them to chase a 3rd hand account of a person with no real name.... unlikely

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

has anyone scanned one of these as a pdf? would really like one of these books

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

"Icepelt is my hero"

Post by landrover »

DixonCider wrote:has anyone scanned one of these as a pdf? would really like one of these books
+1. For research purposes only.

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Dr. Von Richten wrote:TFF or Galak or whomever is involved, a hard time based on the quoted post?
My copy came in the mail as a gift from an anonomous source and TFF was not involved in the product. So its a 3rd party ... more power to them on a quest for that. Saying what something is is not being involved. :D

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re:

Post by lunchmoney »

landrover wrote:
DixonCider wrote:has anyone scanned one of these as a pdf? would really like one of these books
To do so would involve either breaking the spine to get it flat on the scanner or cutting the pages loose. Neither option appeals to me, as I cant replace my copy any more :(

Now if you had suggested that a few months ago, I may have got a second copy and done just that. If only some one had a spare copy, that is already a little battered around the edges...... :-?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Re:

lunchmoney wrote:
landrover wrote:
To do so would involve either breaking the spine to get it flat on the scanner or cutting the pages loose. Neither option appeals to me, as I cant replace my copy any more :(

Now if you had suggested that a few months ago, I may have got a second copy and done just that. If only some one had a spare copy, that is already a little battered around the edges...... :-?
Jonny_P had a copy that the glue in the spine failed and the pages fell out. He punched the loose pages into a 3 ring binder. That's the guy you'd probably need to track down.

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Re:

Post by DixonCider »

GalakStarscraper wrote: Jonny_P had a copy that the glue in the spine failed and the pages fell out. He punched the loose pages into a 3 ring binder. That's the guy you'd probably need to track down.
pfft he is prob busy this weekend. LOL

Jonny if you have a copy of the Icepelt rulebook would you mind posting it after Chaos Cup please?

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Dr. Von Richten wrote:TFF or Galak or whomever is involved, a hard time based on the quoted post?
My copy came in the mail as a gift from an anonomous source and TFF was not involved in the product. So its a 3rd party ... more power to them on a quest for that. Saying what something is is not being involved. :D
Aha!

How can you be sure it's not from Al-Qaeda, sending you subliminal messages to develop miniature bombs! :P

bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by bouncergriim »

I already have me some. Image