New CRP/LRB6 Ickle Book

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Re: New CRP/LRB6 Ickle Book

Post by SunDevil »

Apes! Woot!

Reason: ''
This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Please put the "house roster" section at the end, so I don't waste ink printing it. ;)

I prefer LRB6 over CRP, but make sure if you're copying lrb6 you have the correct one - there's a few kicking about that have errors in them.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jembo17 »

I printed off the LRB-6 from the GW website, are there any errors in that?

A nd I quite like the idea of a Bretonnian team, just need to find some good figures to use, and suggestions?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Jembo17 wrote:I printed off the LRB-6 from the GW website, are there any errors in that?
There is no LRB6 on the GW website, just a CRP.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jembo17 »

Darkson wrote:
Jembo17 wrote:I printed off the LRB-6 from the GW website, are there any errors in that?
There is no LRB6 on the GW website, just a CRP.
My bad, are there any errors in it...?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I believe the most substantial difference is the NAF teams and stars, but might be wrong.

Any more thoughts on putting the Apes and Khorne rosters in there as optional teams? Would be useful to distribute to our league, where we have both activated. Morg, Deeproot and Willow are the three definite Apes stars, if you wanted to include those (others under discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=38065)

Cheers! :)

S

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

There are no errors in the CRP (iirc).
Shteve0 wrote:I believe the most substantial difference is the NAF teams and stars, but might be wrong.
LRB6 had fluff and "thanks to BBRC", along with the 3 new teams.
CRP doesn't (and looks like the crap cut&paste job it is).

There are various versions of the LRB6 floating around, some the original, some fan-made and I believe there's one from the Icepelt books kicking around.
Depending on which LRB6 version you have depends on whether you get an errors or not. I believe the one on our page (http://arbbl.webs.com/arbbltourny.htm) is error-free, but I can't guarantee it.

outcast
Veteran
Veteran

New CRP/LRB6 Ickle Book

Post by outcast »

Sorry for the lack of activity here - I've been away for a week but I'll be putting up a new version with all the corrections that I'm aware of so far.
Shteve0 wrote: Any more thoughts on putting the Apes and Khorne rosters in there as optional teams? Would be useful to distribute to our league, where we have both activated. Morg, Deeproot and Willow are the three definite Apes stars, if you wanted to include those (others under discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=38065)

Cheers! :)

S
I've added the three house ruled rosters into their own section at the end of the official teams.

There have been some suggestions to trim the cards sections. I've never played with cards so I'm not sure what you would want here. Is just the card title enough or do you think a very brief summary of the description, too? (Assuming I can shave some fat off the descriptions - some are already fairly brief)

Thanks again for all comments/feedback.

"Good work ain't cheap. Cheap work ain't good." - Norman “Sailor Jerry” Collins
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Might be worth putting an up-to-date link in the OP.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Agree with Dode - have been looking through, but only link I can find is this one - was expecting to see house rule section at the end (may be missing it, though):
Is there another version?

Re: cards, I don't know that they see enough play to warrant inclusion, but if you do keep them in I'd go with including the description over name only (otherwise you still need to reference the full rulebook, which negates the value of having the names).

Nice work, by the way. This document will see use for sure.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Shteve0 wrote:Re: cards, I don't know that they see enough play to warrant inclusion,
I'd argue they get more play than the house rule teams, but I agree you need a description, else they're not really any reason to include them.

outcast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by outcast »

Sorry, I've been wrestling with Dropbox. Here is the link to the updated doc:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9055879/CRP%20 ... %201.1.pdf

I've moved the Special Play cards to the end as an appendix so those who don't want to bloat their document can just leave them off the print.

Cheers

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Excellent stuff! I've reposted this on our league forums as a resource for club members. Please accept my personal thanks :)

One very minor issue, though, and I acknowledge it's an issue of my own making; I wonder if you might consider adapting the "Extra Arms" name to "Extra Arms/Extra Hands" so that the Apes roster makes sense. Alternatively, a change to the Apes roster so that the players read as having "Extra Arms" instead would serve the same purpose.

Cheers!

Steve

outcast
Veteran
Veteran

New CRP/LRB6 Ickle Book

Post by outcast »

Thanks Shteve0, I'm glad you clarified that for me, I was going to contact you to ask if it was a house-ruled skill :-)

Are you happy for me to amend it so it reads "extra arms" the same as the other rosters or is the "hands" reference important?

Really happy it's of use to you!

Cheers

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

New CRP/LRB6 Ickle Book

Post by Shteve0 »

outcasttex wrote:Are you happy for me to amend it so it reads "extra arms" the same as the other rosters or is the "hands" reference important?
For sure! As you like.