Does anyone know Laughing Ferret?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Sunbro
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Does anyone know Laughing Ferret?

Post by Sunbro »

Hello, I'm curious to know if this issue has ever been resolved. I recently inquired to Laughing Ferret about the following miniatures: http://laughingferret.blogspot.com/2013 ... m-for.html This was before I knew anything about his apparent change in behavior. To my surprise, I just received an email from him informing me the team is still for sale and that he'd be willing to ship them to me after I send him the money on PayPal. Normally, I'd jump on it right away, but that was before I looked into his recent reputation. So does anyone have any thoughts/feelings/updates on doing business with Laughing Ferret?

Reason: ''
lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

I don't know if this situation has been solved, but in light of recent history, I guess you would have to be careful, which saddens me because I had a really good experience with him by and large.

NUFFLE SUCKS!
LQ says " I may be slow, but the sh*ttiness of this beer hasn't hit me yet."

I twist nuffle's teat and laugh.
VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

Sunbro wrote:Hello, I'm curious to know if this issue has ever been resolved. I recently inquired to Laughing Ferret about the following miniatures: http://laughingferret.blogspot.com/2013 ... m-for.html This was before I knew anything about his apparent change in behavior. To my surprise, I just received an email from him informing me the team is still for sale and that he'd be willing to ship them to me after I send him the money on PayPal. Normally, I'd jump on it right away, but that was before I looked into his recent reputation. So does anyone have any thoughts/feelings/updates on doing business with Laughing Ferret?
If you want the team and are good with the price you should be fine. Regardless of how the situation this thread was started about has panned out, you're talking about a straight purchase and shipment. So long as he is shipping in a manner that can be tracked you have some level of protection when using PayPal - if he doesn't provide you with the tracking information in a reasonable amount of time you can lodge a dispute with PayPal and they'll take back the money and hold it pending resolution of the dispute. To get it resolved in his favour he'll have to cough up evidence of shipment and delivery and such.

I've done a lot of business through PayPal as a seller and when there is a dispute the onus is overwhelmingly on the seller to prove they haven't screwed over the buyer. The key is to make sure he ships things in a reasonable amount of time (1-2 weeks) and that you have a 3rd party tracking number. After a month or two PayPal tends to be wary of disputes and it gets harder to convince them to take the money back.

If you were talking about sending him your team, waiting for him to paint them, and then have them sent back I'd say "hell no" since this person has proven he can't be trusted with that sort of business arrangement. For a simple purchase you're probably fine.

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

For the record, Sargon is a league mate and this issue has not been resolved. He had tried repeatedly to get his miniatures and part of his money back (since the team is partially painted) without any success. :pissed:

Sargon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sargon »

I just wanted to report back here with a final update. Laughing Ferret contacted me out of the blue about a month ago and asked for my address to return my team to me (primed, but unpainted). I replied back with my address and requested that he refund a portion of my initial payment. I didn't ask for the whole thing because at this point I was just going to be happy to get anything. Last week, a package showed up on my doorstep with the team and $50 cash. I consider the matter closed and am satisfied to have a resolution. Whatever the reason Laughing Ferret sat on my team for years without update, please know that he did eventually return it to me.

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Great news. Too bad you didn't get a complete refund, though.

lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

Glad to hear your team was returned. I'm sorry he's apparently finished with the business. He did nice work for me.

NUFFLE SUCKS!
LQ says " I may be slow, but the sh*ttiness of this beer hasn't hit me yet."

I twist nuffle's teat and laugh.