Does anyone know Laughing Ferret?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Does anyone know Laughing Ferret?

Post by frogboy »

Did someone say turn 16 foul? :|

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

koadah wrote:
BillyDee wrote:It's okay, no one's mentioned CPOMB yet...
I bet Hitler would have piled on.
Having watched Kung Fury from backing the KickStarter (and then again with my son on Netflix) ... yes ... definitely ... Hitler would have piled on.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Of course he would, he's the Kung Führer! :orc:

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

lunchmoney wrote:Has anyone else had any contact with him since this started? And I dont mean just spotting the ebay shop still in operation, I mean actual contact and maybe also had a team painted?
I have, as I'm friends with Laughing Ferret IRL. According to him, he's gotten back in touch with Sargon, so the commission will get done. He's been through some rough times lately. He's not the shady type to disappear with someone else's minis deliberately. He'll sort it out.

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Sargon wrote:I sent Laughing Ferret a message on eBay, where he continues to be active listing new items, but he did not respond to me. This will be my last post on the subject unless the situation changes.

Laughing Ferret is an unreliable, dishonest, person and one could go so far as to call him a thief since he has made off with my miniatures and a substantial down payment. I have no recompense with Paypal, since the payment was made over a year ago and also wasn't for physical goods. I just want to make it clear here that Laughing Ferret cannot be trusted and you should avoid doing business with him. I don't want to see anyone else put in the same situation that I am in.

I will be happy to post back here and recant my above statement if he delivers on our agreement or refunds my money, but I find both of those scenarios extremely unlikely. It is unfortunate that there are people like this in an otherwise outstanding community.
Talarius wrote:I have, as I'm friends with Laughing Ferret IRL. According to him, he's gotten back in touch with Sargon, so the commission will get done. He's been through some rough times lately. He's not the shady type to disappear with someone else's minis deliberately. He'll sort it out.
He say "He's not the shady type to disappear with someone else's minis" but he did. Laughing Ferret has had half the money and the miniatures since September 2014. He promised a two month turnaround. Yes, Laughing Ferret has been in contact but ONLY after Sargon left him a message on ebay. Laughing Ferret never initiated contact.

I am not to making light of anyone's misfortune but he took money and made a promise. I used to do painting commissions, too. It was never a big operation and very much a side business. I had health issues come up that shut me down. Yet, I made it a priority to get the last of my commissions finished and delivered because I had agreed to do them.

Another example is Tom Anders, aka. Galak Starscraper. He ran a Kickstarter for "20 Fantasy Football teams - New Pro Elves & Orcs & 18 more". Most everything that could delay this project, did. At the same time, he had personal health issues as well as severe health issues with is his wife and eldest son. He made it a priority to get this kickstarter project shipped to backers and He maintained constant updates on the status of remaining pledges until it was finished.

I hope Laughing Ferret will "man up" and get this issue resolved quickly and to Sargon's satisfaction. Until that time Sargon's description is apt.

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

Laughing Ferret said something to me about lost emails contributing to the problem somewhat, but other than that; I'm not disagreeing with you. He hasn't handled this as professionally as he has in the past. When I said he's been going through some rough times I really can't emphasize that enough. I sincerely hope this gets resolved to Sargon's satisfaction ASAP!

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

koadah wrote:I bet Hitler would have piled on.
Orcs are overpowered and need to be nerfed, here's my suggestion about how to do it

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Talarius wrote:Laughing Ferret said something to me about lost emails contributing to the problem somewhat, but other than that; I'm not disagreeing with you. He hasn't handled this as professionally as he has in the past. When I said he's been going through some rough times I really can't emphasize that enough. I sincerely hope this gets resolved to Sargon's satisfaction ASAP!
Well I hope for Sargon's sake that he gets an appropriate resolution.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

This still is'nt resolved? :(

Rick Sanchez lives!
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Talked to Sargon tonight and he hasn't heard back from Laughing Ferret since the beginning of November.

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

I'll ping him again and see what's what. :-?

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

Spoke to L.F. via email: He's (mostly) finished moving now and restarted painting on the team today. Sargon will get a full refund, so the team will be super-delayed but at least he'll get his team *and* his money back. :-)

lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

Just a quick chime in, as I've used LF twice. He did some beautiful work on a full squad + conversion and sidelined figures for me a couple of years ago. When I had my twins I figured all my unpainted FF teams needed commissioning. The first experience, with my Amazon team was fantastic. From concept to finished commission I had them in about 5 weeks time.

I hired him 2 months laterto do a new chaos dwarf team using 2nd edition CDs, converted 2nd edition CD centaurs, and 1st edition orcs as the hobgobs.
It started off well and then he disappeared. Long story short, he filled me in on several personal problems he was dealing with but finished them off and got them to me in a six month span. I am very happy with his skill, attention to detail. I think his personal life has unfortunately interfered with his customer service. When focused, he's an excellent resource to commission. As I was unsure how focused he could be, I went elsewhere (across the pond to Gollum) for the rest of my commissioned work.

If he's back and focused on his commissions, I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

NUFFLE SUCKS!
LQ says " I may be slow, but the sh*ttiness of this beer hasn't hit me yet."

I twist nuffle's teat and laugh.
Sargon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sargon »

Talarius wrote:Sargon will get a full refund, so the team will be super-delayed but at least he'll get his team *and* his money back. :-)
FYI - Neither of these things ever happened.

Regash

Post by Regash »

Sargon wrote:
Talarius wrote:Sargon will get a full refund, so the team will be super-delayed but at least he'll get his team *and* his money back. :-)
FYI - Neither of these things ever happened.
Oh wow, and that with 8 months having passed... :o
You're now officially allowed to be super pissed off and start causing trouble to LF.