Does anyone know Laughing Ferret?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Does anyone know Laughing Ferret?

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Heck, thus has been going on since September 2014. Almost 2 frickin' years.

Reason: ''
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

I don't know how much trouble there is to be caused. If he's still doing commission work, it's outside of this community.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

When do you stop mucking about and report to the police a theft?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

LF didn`t actually go to meet him and grabbed something out of his pocket. In this case it would be "fraud".

Aside from any meaning to this, it would speed things up. Thouh, I have no idea in what relation the two stand towards each other. Maybe they are buddies and want to handle this outside of the law boundaries.

....maybe he`s also worried, that the police officer would simply laugh at him....reporting this....after...two.....years.....and the whole thing being about.....toys....

Sargon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sargon »

I'm honestly not sure that local police would have much involvement in small-scale mail fraud, especially from someone contacting their local department by phone or email from halfway across the country. And the only pieces of contact information I have are a first name, a shipping address from 2014 (which likely isn't a current address) and the laughingferret email address. No last name was ever provided. I doubt it is even worth my time (or theirs) to try to involve law enforcement.

At this point, this is really just a standing warning to anyone who may come across Laughing Ferret if he eventually pops back up in this community. I didn't want people to get the false impression that this issue had been, or was in the process of being, resolved. There has been no further communication from Laughing Ferret and, after two years, I can only assume there won't be.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

What! This really annoys me, do what Lunchmoney said and tell the police. This punk is getting away with these things for the exact reason that people believe its just a minor crime/not worth it.
If you report it then the police have to do something, its their job, and likely wont be a local cop dealing with it but guaranteed they have someone working these type of cases. Who knows what it might uncover. Thieving Bat. I dislike this person already and never met the Grunt. Just because you play with toys and your probably a decent person and not into all that confrontational stuff doesn't mean you have to let these punks walk all over you. You pay your taxes so hand it over to the police. If anything they should be happy that they have a crime number which benefits their cooperation anyway.

:pissed:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

Sargon wrote:I'm honestly not sure that local police would have much involvement in small-scale mail fraud, especially from someone contacting their local department by phone or email from halfway across the country. And the only pieces of contact information I have are a first name, a shipping address from 2014 (which likely isn't a current address) and the laughingferret email address. No last name was ever provided. I doubt it is even worth my time (or theirs) to try to involve law enforcement.
You're correct in thinking this is not something to take to the police as it is not really criminal fraud in any sense that they'd enforce.

What this IS a good fit for is small claims court, assuming you're in the same country as this Laughing Ferret fellow. You'd have to look up the specifics for your country as I only know some of the details for Canada, the USA, and the UK, and don't know where you two live.

Typically small claims court is used to recover money, with interest, that is owed to you regarding business debts or for compensation related to faulty goods and services. The latter is exactly what applies here: someone accepted your money and property and failed to provide the promised service as well as failed to return the money and property. In the UK (I'm using it as an example because the UK is the BB capital of the english-speaking world) you pay court fees relative to the amount of money you're trying to claim... but it then forces the person you're claiming against to respond and act lest they be hit with summary judgements which you can have the courts enforce, taking money from his accounts or garnishing wages to recover those funds.

Additionally, if the amount you're claiming is sufficiently small you can get a court-appointed mediator at no additional cost to you.

So, my suggestion is to look into your country's small claims process and use it. It's high time you stopped waiting on Laughing Ferret to get off his ass and do something and instead lit a fire under it.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

VoodooMike wrote: So, my suggestion is to look into your country's small claims process and use it. It's high time you stopped waiting on Laughing Ferret to get off his ass and do something and instead lit a fire under it.
So much this.
In the UK you would need the person's full name. I seem to recall a post in this thread stating you only have first name? You'll need to do some digging. Stalkerbook is good for that.

Don't let this person get away with it or it will happen again.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

lunchmoney wrote:In the UK you would need the person's full name. I seem to recall a post in this thread stating you only have first name? You'll need to do some digging. Stalkerbook is good for that.
Or Google.. This page suggests that Laughing Ferret's full name is David Williamson, based on a mini painting contest he entered back in 2012.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Nice :)

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

That's not his last name, but I have provided the actual one to Sargon.

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

He won best painted at the Chaos Cup in 2013 and the name listed there was David Hezzelwood.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

See how easy it is to find people on the internet. This should also be taken as a lesson to us all to tighten up our internet security :)

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

Stout Youngblood wrote:He won best painted at the Chaos Cup in 2013 and the name listed there was David Hezzelwood.
Heh, so he gives different names at different events? That's not sketchy at all...
lunchmoney wrote:See how easy it is to find people on the internet. This should also be taken as a lesson to us all to tighten up our internet security :)
Actually, I think the lesson is that you shouldn't trust someone who routinely gives fake names out to people and organizations he deals with on the internet, but wants to do trust-based business with those same people.

I've never had any issue with people knowing my real name and I outright collect enemies, so..

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Still going on? WOW. This guy was going to convert/paint a team for me and his prices scared me off.
Guess I dodged a bullet.

PS If you need figures painted to a fairly high standarde, pm me for my wifes work. :D

Rick Sanchez lives!